欧美人文风情第349篇:一篇关于友善的课(在线收听

 So, I'm at the airport, and they've got this deal for five donuts for five dollars, 我人在机场,店家举办了一个甜甜圈五个五块钱的活动,

which is an awesome deal because it's pretty much the same price as buying three donuts, anyway, so it doesn't matter. 还真划算,因为这样几乎和买三个的钱一样,很便宜。
And I set my stuff down, and I pick up the paper, and I start reading the paper. 我把东西放好,然后拿起报纸开始读。
And this guy sits down across from me. 接着有个男人坐到我对面。
And so I, you know, look over the paper, and he kinda gives me a bit of a smile,  于是我越过报纸看他,他对我微笑了一下,
and I give him a bit of a nod, and I go back to reading the business section. 我就对他点点头,然后继续读财经新闻。
A little while later, I hear this rustling on the table, and I'm like... I look over, 过了一会儿,我听到桌上传来一阵窸窸窣窣的声音,我就... 我看过去,
and the guy has got his hand in the bag of donuts. 那男人已经把手伸进装甜甜圈的袋子里了。
Okay, that's a bit weird, but it doesn't really matter. 嗯,有点儿奇怪,不过其实也没什么。
The guy looks like he's homeless. He probably needs it more than I do. 那家伙看起来似乎是游民。他应该比我还需要甜甜圈。
And I've still got four donuts anyways, and I'm not gonna eat all four donuts, so what do I care? 反正我还有四个甜甜圈,而且又不会把四个全吃完,所以有什么好在意的?
So I reach in the bag, and I grab a donut, and I start eating it, and I go back to reading the paper. 于是我把手伸到袋子里,拿了一个甜甜圈开始吃,然后就又回去看报纸了。
So, I'm just getting into the social pages, and I hear this rustling on the table again. 在我刚看到社会版时,我听到桌上又传来窸窸窣窣的声音。
And I look over, and the guy's got his hand in the bag of donuts, again! 我看过去,那老家伙又把手伸进甜甜圈袋里!
He takes a bite, and I'm like, What the crap?! 他咬了一口,我心想,搞屁啊?!
Now I'm getting a bit angry, but the precedent has been set, and so I don't feel like I can say anything. 现在我有点儿不爽了,不过之前都给他吃了,所以现在觉得好像不能说他什么。
But I reach into the bag a bit more aggressively, I take a bite, and I just shake my head like, Whatever. 但我有点儿挑衅地伸手到袋子里,咬了一口甜甜圈,然后用一种“随便你”的态度摇摇头。
So, a few minutes have gone by, and there's this call on the loudspeaker for the next departure, 几分钟过去,扩音器里播出下班起飞航班的消息,
and the guy gets up, and he starts gathering up all his stuff. 那家伙站起来,开始收拾他的东西。
And he gets to the end of the table, and he stops. 他走到桌尾,然后停了下来。
And I see him out of the corner of my eye, and he reaches into the bag, and he pulls out the last donut. 我用眼角余光看他,他把手伸到袋子里,拿出最后一个甜甜圈。
And I'm like, Seriously And he looks at me, he breaks it in two, and he hands it to me. 我心想,有没有搞错?他看着我,把甜甜圈分成两半,然后分一半给我。
I reach out, and I take this half, and I'm in total disbelief. 我伸出手去拿这一半甜甜圈,整个难以置信。
And he kinda nods at me, and he walks off. 他对我稍稍点点头就走了。
So, while I'm sitting here pondering the absurdity of what's just happened, I hear the call for my flight. 当我坐在那儿想刚刚到底发生了什么怪事时,我听见我班机的广播。
And so I get up, and I grab my bag, and I grab my jacket. 于是我站起身,拿了我的包包、抓起我的外套。
And under my jacket is my bag of donuts! 结果在我外套底下居然是我的那袋甜甜圈!
Not only was I eating that guy's donuts the whole time and he didn't say anything, 我一直吃那家伙的甜甜圈,
he took out his last donut, and he broke it in half and gave it to me. 然而他半句话也没说,还拿出最后一个甜甜圈,破成两半分给我。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/466393.html