陨落星辰第一季 第123期:上尉不满汤姆(在线收听

 Is this your idea of leadership -- second-guessing me in front of my fighters? 你就这样对待上级吗,在战士面前质疑我

I'm just asking questions that should have easy answers.  我的问题很好回答
Last I heard, we'd lost contact with the 4th and 5th,  最后我是听说,和四团五团失去了联系
and since I wasn't there for Dai's report 戴报告时我也不在场
That's right. You weren't.  对,你是不在
I'm satisfied that this mission can be completed, and a combat briefing isn't a debate club. 这次任务能完成,我很满意。作战简报也不是辩论俱乐部
When Porter made me second in command, I expected to be kept in the loop. 自从波特任命我为副官,我就希望可以参与决策
Or what -- you're gonna run your mouth about what happened on that scout? 不然怎样,你就可以大放厥词,说出在侦查中发生的事了吗
No. But maybe we should talk about that.  不是,但或许我们该谈谈那事
A few hours ago, you were swigging whiskey and talking like a borderline suicide. 几小时前,你还在大口喝酒,打算自暴自弃
I told you what that was about. And I accepted it. 我告诉过你那样做的原因。我也接受了
But there's no room for error on this mission.  但这次任务容不得一点闪失
And the only way it can be successful  作为战士应该
is if the fighters have absolute confidence in their commanding officer. 对他们的长官充满信心,只有这样才能成功
If you want to be in the loop, I need to know you got my back. 如果你想参与决策,我得知道你会支持我
All right. Good. 好吧,很好
Danner, get in here!  丹纳,进来
I want you to start allocating Pope's Mech ammunition to the fighters. 把珀普的械甲怪专杀弹分派给战士们
And I want you and Hal to set up an observation post five miles out on Highway 4. 你和哈尔在4号公路外五英里处设个观察站
You're putting me on sentry duty.  你要派我去放哨
I need eyeballs out there in case the skitters decide to make a move, 我需要有眼线在外面,以防突击者决定突然行动
and all my other fighters are assigned to upgrading weapons and vehicles. 而其它的战士都被派去升级武器和车辆了
But if it's a problem, I can relieve you, and Danner can pick up the slack. Your choice. 如果有问题,我可以免你的职,让丹纳负责你的烂摊子。你选吧
First light.  我选前者
Dismissed.  解散吧
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ylxc/ylxc01/466461.html