生活大爆炸第八季 第12期:弦理论(在线收听

 Mrs. Davis. Guess who? 戴维斯小姐。你猜是谁?

Dr. Cooper. 库伯博士。
That's right, good job. 没错,干得好。
Hello. Uh, you wanted to see me? 你好。你想见我吗?
Yes. Uh, welcome back. 是的。欢迎回来。
Thank you. 谢谢。
I assume you'd like to reopen our dialogue about the university forcing me to continue with string theory? 我想你想要再开始大学逼我继续研究弦理论的谈话是吗?
You mean the dialogue that went, "Please?" "No." "Please?" "No." "Please?" "No." 你是指谈话过程只有"拜托?"、"不行"这两个词来回重复的那次吗?
That's the one. 没错。
I believe you went last, so, uh, please? 我记得上一次最后是你回的,所以... 拜托?
Dr. Cooper, while you were away, we came up with a solution that would allow you to change your field of study. 库伯博士,在你不在的时候,我们想出了让你可以改变研究领域的方法了。
Pouting and running away actually worked. 撅嘴逃跑真的管用啊。
Yeah, I must say, that may not be a lesson you want to reinforce with me. 不得不说,你可千万记得不要再逼我干嘛了。
So, um, what is the solution? 所以解决方式是什么?
Currently, you're being paid under a grant to specifically research string theory. 目前大学给你的研究基金是只能做特定领域研究的。
If we promote you to junior professor, you'll be able to choose whatever field of research you'd like. 如果我们将你升为初级教授,这样你就能想研究什么就研究什么。
But if I'm a professor, then I'll have to teach a class. 但如果我是教授,我就得带学生了。
That is correct. 没错。
So your solution is to promote me and pay me more money so that I can impart my knowledge to the next generation of scientists? Yes. 所以你的解决方法就是给我升职、给我加薪,然后让我能把我的学识传授给下一代的科学家们吗?没错。
You people are sick. 你们这帮人真变态。
Hey. Ready to go to lunch? 准备好去吃午饭了吗?
Just give me a minute. I'm stimulating the pleasure cells of this starfish. 再给我一分钟。我在刺激海星的快感细胞。
I just need to turn it off. 等我关了就行了。
What happens if you don't? 如果你不关掉会怎么样?
Then I have to sit through lunch knowing this starfish is having a better day than I am. 那我就得边吃午饭边想着这海星过得比我还"爽"。
Is Bernadette meeting us at the restaurant? 伯纳黛特会在餐厅跟我们碰面吗?
Uh, no. Actually, I didn't invite her. 不会,其实我没叫她。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz8/466878.html