生活大爆炸第八季 第147期:科学笑话(在线收听

 I've invented a science joke, would you like to hear it? -Sure. 我新编了一个科学笑话,想听吗?-好啊。

How many Edisons does it take to screw in a light bulb? 换一个灯泡要多少个爱迪生呢?
How many? 几个?
Who cares? He stole the idea and doesn't deserve his own joke. 谁管他?他偷了灯泡这个创意,他不配有自己为主题的笑话。
Is that really true? 这是真的吗?
Of course, that's how you know it's a good joke. It not only entertains, it informs. 当然,所以你才能知道这是个好笑话。好笑话就是得寓教于乐。
Hey, sorry to interrupt. 抱歉打扰了。
Yeah, Barry, uh, how many Edisons does it take to screw in a light bulb? 巴里,换一个灯泡要多少个爱迪生呢?
Did you know Edison didn't actually invent the light bulb? 你知道灯泡实际上不是爱迪生发明的吧?(爱迪生不算是最早发明人,只能算是改良)
What do you want, Barry? 你来干嘛,巴里?
Just wanted to drop this off as a little thank you for Amy. 来给艾米送一份小小谢礼。
What's this for? 为什么送我礼物?
Your idea really helped me out. My light-cone quantization paper's online already. The response has been amazing. 你的点子真的帮了我大忙。我光锥量子化的论文已经发表到网上了。反响非常棒。
Well, that's fascinating. I can't wait to read it. 那太好了。我迫不及待要去拜读了。
Oh, no, me as well. Uh, please e-mail it to sheldon@bazinga. biz. Why "Dot-biz"? 我也是呢。请发到我电子邮箱[email protected]。为什么是"点biz"?
Because I just gave you the business. And also bazinga. com was taken. 因为我一招"商"得你体无完肤。还因为bazinga.com被人先注册了。(。biz是business的缩写,为商用领域的域名)
Anyway, thanks again. Cooper, suck eggs. 好啦,再次谢谢你。库伯,去吃鸡"蛋"吧。
Since when do you help out Barry Kripke? 你什么时候去帮巴里·克里普奇了?
Well, I'd been thinking about a cellular automata approach to neuronal connectivity, 我最近在思考通过元胞自动机来研究神经元连接,
and I thought it might have some interesting applications to string theory-- it's not a big deal. 然后我觉得这可能对弦理论研究有些不错的用途。小忙不值得一提啦。
Oh, really? When I was doing string theory and hit a dead end, why didn't you try to help me? 是吗?我研究弦理论走进死胡同那会儿你怎么没想过来帮我呢?
I did, you said the only math biologists know is if you have three frogs and one hops away, that leaves two frogs. 我有啊,你说生物学家唯一懂的数学,就是如果有三只青蛙,一只跳走了那还剩下两只。
That's pretty funny, that does sound like me. 还挺有哏的,的确像是我会说的话。
But that doesn't mean that you should be standing on street corners handing out your math to whatever guy comes along. 但这也不代表你就可以去站街边,随便哪个男人经过,你就把你的计算给人家啊。
Sheldon, we're all scientists. I helped out a fellow colleague. You're being petty. 谢尔顿,我们都是科学家。我就是给一个同事帮个忙而已。你要不要这么小气。
I'm being petty? You know Barry and I have a professional rivalry. You heard him-- he told me to suck eggs. 我小气吗?你明知道我跟巴里是职场上宿敌。你也听到他说的了,他叫我去吃鸡"蛋"。
If we were friends, he would have suggested I suck something more pleasant. 如果我跟他是朋友,那他就会叫我去吃些比较令人爽快的东西。
Why are you laughing? Did you learn something? 你笑什么?你是不是学坏了?
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz8/467283.html