美国小学英语教材3:第166课 歌者大卫(3)(在线收听) |
David Helps King Saul 大卫帮助了扫罗王 One evening not long after this, David's father told him that a strange sickness had come upon King Saul, their ruler. 不久之后的一天晚上,大卫的父亲告诉他,他们的统治者扫罗王患上了一个奇怪的病。
At times he seemed so fierce that no one could go near him. 他有时显得很暴躁,没有人能接近他。
Many times the next day David thought of his dear king. 第二天,大卫多次想到了他敬爱的国王。
"If I were only near, perhaps I could help him," said the boy to himself. "I would not be afraid." 如果我在他的身边,或许我能帮他。他自言自语地说,我不害怕。
While David was thinking about the king, some of the soldiers were talking together about his sickness. 就在大卫想着国王的同时,一些士兵也在一起谈论国王的病。
"What can we do?" asked one of them. "King Saul will not eat or sleep." 我们能做什么呢?他们中的一个人问道,扫罗王不吃也不睡。
Perhaps music would help him, said the captain, "but who would dare to sing or play before him? 或许音乐能帮助他,他们的队长说,但是谁敢在国王面前唱歌或表演呢?
The king may become very angry at anyone who goes near him." 一靠近国王,国王就会发火。
Young David would not be afraid, said one of the soldiers. 年轻的大卫应该不会害怕,一个士兵说,
"He is not afraid of anything, and he has the sweetest voice you ever heard." 他什么都不怕,而且他有着你们从未听过的最甜美的声音。
Bring the boy to me, said the captain. 把这个男孩带来。队长说。
The next day a soldier took David to the captain. 第二天,一个士兵带着大卫去见了队长。
The great soldier looked at the brave young boy and said, "David, it may be that I am doing wrong to send you before King Saul. 这位伟大的士兵看了看这个勇敢的男孩,说:大卫,可能我把你送到扫罗王面前的决定是错的。
He is so fierce sometimes that he may kill you." 他有时太暴躁了,可能会杀了你。
I am not afraid, answered David. "I shall be glad to try to help our poor king." 大卫回答说:我不怕,我很高兴能够尽力帮助我们可怜的国王。
The king was sitting with bowed head when David entered the room and said gently, 大卫进到屋里的时候,国王正低着头坐在宝座上,大卫轻声说:
"I have come to sing and play for you, dear King Saul." 敬爱的扫罗王,我来为您献上一首歌。
But the king did not lift his head or speak. 但是国王没有抬头,也没有说话。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d3c/467896.html |