英语听力精选进阶版 10576(在线收听

Over the past two days, the BBC has been broadcasting special coverage of Syria focusing on the civil war there.

BBC针对叙利亚内战展开了为期两天的专题报道。

What do you miss about your house? Tell me about your house.

关于家里的房子,有什么是你怀念的?跟我讲讲你家的房子吧。

It’s big, always clean. I miss that clean. We don’t have a clean here. We are children. We play football, basketball. We don’t have no home right now.

我们家的房子很大,总是干干净净的。我怀念那种干净,因为这里没有一块干净的地方。我们这些小孩会踢足球、打篮球。可是现在我们无家可归了。

Your home was destroyed in the fighting?

战乱破坏了你们的家?

Yes. I have cried enough. Every day I cry. I promise. I swear. Every day I cry here. I swear that.

是的。我已经哭够了,每天都在哭。我发誓,在这里的每一天我都在哭泣。真的。

I’m so sorry. At least…

我为你们感到难过,至少……

Don’t be. Don’t be. We are strong.

不用这样,没关系的。我们很坚强。

More than two hundred thousand people have now died during the conflict in Syria and three million have fled their homes, now refugees in other lands. One nation which thousands have gone to is neighboring Turkey. Our international correspondent Ian Panel is there. He spared the past three years reporting from rebel held northern Syria. As he now reports the armed uprising in the north faces overwhelming odds and could be close to collapse.

死于叙利亚冲突的人数已超过20万,同时,300万人逃往异国他乡,成为难民。其中,数千人逃亡邻国土耳其。本台国际记者伊恩?帕内尔现位于土耳其。伊恩近三年来都在被叛军占领的叙利亚北部进行报道。据他目前的报道称,叙利亚北部的武装起义处于极大的劣势,而且很可能迅速失败。

In a small classroom girls and boys grin and clap and stamp their feet to a familiar anthem for the happiness every child deserves. But they are no ordinary children. They are refugees from Syria’s war.

在一间小教室里,小朋友们跟着熟悉的旋律笑着拍手、跺脚,这是每个孩子都应该拥有的幸福。但他们不是普通的孩子,而是叙利亚战争的难民。

What was life like for the children in Syria?

叙利亚儿童的生活状况是怎样的?

There was a lot of shelling and the situation worsened day by day. At first it was one shell. That was normal. But then they used missiles. It was becoming worse and now fear grew as well.

炮轰不断,形势每况愈下。最开始有一次炮轰,这是很正常的,但他们随即开始投放导弹。形势越来越糟,人们的恐惧也随之增加。

So the children live as refugees in Turkey where they still sing songs about freedom for Syria. But the uprising their parents began looks close to collapse. It was the early stages of the revolution. After four decades of rule by one party and one family, people dare to call for change. I met Abraham in early 2012. We sat on a carpet sipping hot sweet tea as he told me he was a graduate in English literature with a love a Beckett and Shakespeare. He joined the Free Syrian Army, a loose coalition of military defectors and civilian volunteers.

流落土耳其的儿童难民仍然在为叙利亚歌唱着自由,然而,他们父母发动的起义却面临着失败。这是革命的初级阶段,在被一党专政、家族专政压制了40年后,人们终于勇敢地站起来,要求变革。我和亚伯拉罕相识于2012年,当时我们坐在地毯上品着甜茶热饮,他告诉我他是英国文学专业的研究生,喜欢贝克特和莎士比亚。之后他加入了由叛变军人和平民志愿者组成的松散联盟——“叙利亚自由军”。

They want just freedom.

他们想要的仅仅是自由而已。

What does that mean in practice?

具体怎么讲?

The concept of freedom for the people--it is to do what they want, not above their law.

对老百姓来说,自由的概念就是在法律允许的范围内,做他们想做的事情。

But the government had other plans. Like many opposition stronghold, his hometown was relentlessly bombarded.

但政府另有打算。像许多反对派据点一样,他的家乡遭到无情的轰炸。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yytljxjjb/469405.html