摩登家庭第五季 第8期:想要的生活(在线收听

 Now, habitat will look good on an application,  参加国际仁人家园会给你的大学申请加分,

but does Sacramento really move the needle? 但萨克拉门托这地方真的对你有帮助吗?
I have another place in mind. Little hint - it starts with an "El." 我在考虑另一个地方。给你点提示,地名以"萨尔"开头。
El Salvador? Are you serious?  萨尔瓦多吗?你开玩笑吧?
They have an unstable government and......and earthquakes. 那地方政局不稳定,还是地震高发区。
Boats. Looks like there's a h-hill. 看这有船。好像还有山呢。
I'm just saying, you don't push yourself at this stage,  我只是想说,你如果这个关头不逼自己,
you wind up at a second-tier college. 就只能上二流大学了。
Soon you've lost all your ambition. 很快你就会失去你的抱负。
You're just drifting through life, hoping someone offers you an "M-r-s" Degree.  你会一辈子碌碌无为,盼着有人给你个"家庭主妇"文凭。
Is that who you want to be? 那是你想要的生活吗?
Hey, princess. Second breakfast? Fun.  我的公主。第二顿早餐吗?有意思。
So, big beach trip coming up, huh? Yeah. 马上要去海滩了是吧?是的。
Can't get better than late July, unless it's early Aug... Save it, dad. 没什么比七月底更好的了,除了八月初...... 省省吧,老爸。
 I know you and mom want the house to yourselves. Nope. 我知道你和妈妈想摆脱我们,独占房子。不是的。
I'm the last piece of the puzzle, right?  就差我还没搞定了,对吧?
What's it worth to you? 开个价吧?
Fine. How about I pay for gas and two dinners? 好吧。我给你付油钱和两顿饭行不?
Mnh-mnh. Gas, all dinners, groceries, two new bathing suits,  不够,汽油费,每顿饭,日用品,两套新泳装,
a boogie board, one of those... Are you crazy? 冲浪板,还有...... 你疯了吗?
No. I'm also not done. 不。我还没说完呢。
Yes, you are done. You know why?  你完了。知道为什么吗?
You know another way this shakes out? You don't go. 知道还有个什么结果吗?就是不让你去。
That's right. Overplay your hand, I pull the plug,  没错。你要是太过分,你爹我不干了,
you blow your last chance for a good time with your friends. 你就失去了最后一次和朋友逍遥的机会。
Word gets out that you're not cool. Then school starts.  大家会说你这人真没劲。然后开学了。
You end up with your nose in a book all year. 你只好一整年死读书。
No friends, no dates, not caring how you look.  交不到朋友,钓不到帅哥,不修边幅。
Is that who you want to be? 那是你想要的生活吗?
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mdjt/d5j/470777.html