《复仇》第15集 第5期:双方得利(在线收听) |
I see you're taking your coffee Irish this morning. 看来你正要来一杯早间爱尔兰咖啡 What do you want, Mathis? 马西斯 有何贵干
I want another bite at the apple. 我还想分一杯羹
Back when you became C. E. O., you told me 你当上总裁时说过
you'd keep me in mind in the unlikely event 万一董事会出现空缺
that a seat opened up on your board of directors. 你会考虑我
now it seems that that unlikely event 这个万一出现了
is your father's play for the governor's mansion. 你父亲想住进州长的府邸
Yeah, well, I wouldn't count on the success of that campaign. 可我不认为他能获胜
Successful or not, 无论他取胜与否
the fact remains that there's now an open seat on your board. 你的董事会都会出现空缺
And you still want it. 而你还是想进来
I'd like to think that I earned it. 不如说这是我应得的
If you recall, I was the one that brought you Nolcorp. 别忘了 诺氏集团是我交到你手上的
And without that deal, 没有它
you may not have been able to steer this company 你可能没法让公司
back on the path toward profitability. 重新开始盈利
I think we've managed to stay on that path just fine without you. 没有你 我们照样做到了
I assume you're referencing Stonehaven. 你是在说斯通黑文吧
There's a lot of money in disaster relief. 赈灾涉及的金额巨大
And it would appear that that deal 你会发现我们双方
is working out rather well for both of us. 在这笔交易中都获利颇丰
And how's that? 此话怎讲
Well, when I learned that you'd made 当我得知
a priority of acquiring Stonehaven 你成功说服了斯通黑文时
I took it upon myself to dissuade your competition 我认为阻止你的对手获胜
from outbidding you. 是我的功劳
I'm sorry. You spoke to Prosser? 等等 你和普罗塞谈过
Yeah, I even flew myself out to Los Angeles on my own dime. 对 我还自费去了洛杉矶呢
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d2j/474198.html |