《复仇》第16集 第19期:悲哀的成长方式(在线收听

 I don't think I could imagine a sadder way to grow up. 我无法想象更悲哀的成长方式了

It wasn't easy, 生活不易
especially for Amanda. 尤其对阿曼达而言
She was a troubled girl. 她是个麻烦缠身的女孩儿
Well, who's to judge? 那么  该怪谁呢
After the hand life dealt her, 经历了那般遭遇
whose daughter she was... 成为那个人的女儿
And yet, here you are, 然而   看看你
a shining example of a child who persevered-- 一个活生生的坚持不懈的例子
from a foster home to Columbia university. 从寄养家庭走进哥伦比亚大学
Well, in the face of tragedy, I count myself lucky. 好吧  在不幸之中  我属万幸
After the fire, I went on to a better home, 那场火灾后  我去了一个更好的家庭
a family who adopted me and gave me a real education. 一个收养我并好好教育我的家庭
Which is why I... 所以我才
wanted to donate this to the cause. 想要为基金会捐款
$100,000. 十万美金
In honor of Amanda, 为了缅怀阿曼达
and all of the... invisible children. 也为了全部的  "隐形儿童"
Evening, everyone. 大家晚上好
I'm Jack Porter. Uh... 我是杰克?波特
I wasn't sure if I was even gonna make it tonight. 我之前不知道我是否能今晚出席
I didn't know if I could face reality. 我不知道我是否能面对现实
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/fc/d2j/474358.html