美国小学英语教材5:第129课 纽伦堡火炉(5)(在线收听) |
THE STOVE IS SOLD 火炉被卖 Suddenly August’s father struck his hand on the table. 突然,奥古斯特的父亲用手拍了一下桌子。
“I have sold Hirschvogel,” he said; “我卖了赫施沃格尔,”他说;
and his voice was husky and ashamed. 他的声音沙哑而羞愧。
The spinning-wheel stopped. 纺车停下来了。
August sprang up. 奥古斯特突然出现。
“I have sold it to a traveling trader in such things for two hundred florins. “我把它卖给了一个卖这种东西的商人,卖了二百弗罗林。
I owe double that. 我欠了双倍的钱。
He saw it this morning when you were all out. 你今天早上出去的时候他看到了这个炉子。
He will take it away tomorrow.” 你今天早上出去的时候他看到了。”
“O father!’’ August cried, throwing himself on his knees at his father’s feet, his face very white. “哦爸爸!”奥古斯特叫道,扑倒在他父亲的脚下,脸色苍白。
“Sell Hirschvogel! You could not do such a thing—you who have always been gentle and good, and who have sat in the warmth here with our mother. “把赫施沃格尔卖了!你不能这样做——你一向温柔善良,你曾和妈妈一起坐在温暖的房间里。
Oh, listen; I will go and try to get work tomorrow! 哦,听着;我明天要去试着找工作!
There must be something that I could do, and I will beg the people we owe money to, to wait; they will wait for it. 一定有什么我能做的,我要请求我们的债主们等一等;
But sell Hirschvogel!— Oh! Never, never, never!” 但永远不要卖掉赫施沃格尔!——永远!永远!永远!”
“Get up and go to bed,” said his father harshly, as the children had never heard him speak before. “起来睡觉去吧,”父亲严厉地说,因为孩子们从来没有听过他说话。
“The stove is sold. “炉子卖了。
There is no more to be said. 没有什么可说的了。
Be thankful I can get bread for you.” 感谢我能给你弄到面包。”
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d5c/475463.html |