美国小学英语教材5:第138课 纽伦堡火炉(14)(在线收听) |
“Oh, dear king!’’ he cried, in a clear voice, “Hirschvogel was ours; we have loved it all our lives; and father sold it. “哦,亲爱的王!”他用清晰的声音哀求道,“赫希沃格尔曾属于我们;我们一生都爱它;父亲把它卖了。 And when I saw that it did really go from us, then I said to myself I would go with it; and I have come all the way inside it. 当我看到它真的离我们而去时,我对自己说,我要跟着它走;我一直都在里面。
And I pray you to let me live here with it, and I will go out every morning and cut wood for it and you, if you will only let me stay beside it. 我祈求你让我和它一起住在这里,我每天早晨都会出去为它和你砍柴,只要你让我住在它旁边。
No one but me ever has fed it with fuel since I grew big enough.” 自从我长大以后,除了我没有人给它加过油。”
Then breath failed him, and as he lifted his eager, pale face to the king’s, tears were falling down his cheeks. 然后,他喘不过气来,他那热切而苍白的脸对着国王时,眼泪顺着他的脸颊流了下来。
“What is your name?” asked the king. “你叫什么?”国王问道。
“I am August Strehla. “我是奥古斯特·斯特拉。
I live in Hall; and Hirschvogel has been ours so long—so long!” His lips trembled with a broken sob. 我住在霍尔;赫希沃格尔已经属于我们很久很久了!”
“And have you truly traveled inside this stove all the way from Hall?” “你真的从霍尔到这里一路呆在这个炉子里吗?”
“Yes,” said August. “是的,”奥古斯特说道。
“No one thought to look inside.” “没有人想到往里面看。”
“Who bought the stove of your father?” asked the king. “谁买了你父亲的炉子?”国王问道。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d5c/477026.html |