To save time, I brush my teeth and wash my face in the shower.
为了节省时间,我会一边洗澡一边刷牙和洗脸。
To save time
为了节省时间
I'm running late so I'll have to eat in the car to save time.
我要迟到了,为了省时间,我得在车上吃。
To save time we can just pay someone to make the ad.
我们可以花钱让别人来做广告,这样可以省时间。
Then I have to blow dry my hair and apply makeup, which eats up a lot of my morning.
然后,我得把头发吹干,还得化妆,这就占用了我早上很多时间了。
Blow dry
吹干
I need to blow dry my hair or else it gets frizzy.
我得把我的头发吹干,不然就会变得很毛躁。
I didn't have time to blow dry my hair today. That's why it's still wet.
我今天没时间吹头发,所以才这么湿。
Eat up
吃光,耗尽
I like my new SUV, but it eats up a lot of gas.
我很喜欢我新的SUV,但就是太耗油了。
Her medical bills ate up most of her savings.
她的医疗账单耗尽了她大部分的存款。
I take something from the clothes chair and put it on if it passes the sniff test.
我从放衣服的椅子上抓一些衣服穿,要是闻起来不臭我就穿上。
Clothes chair
放衣服的椅子
Everyone has a clothes chair. It's where you put clothes that aren't quite dirty, but aren't quite clean.
每个人都有一个放衣服的椅子。就是你平时放一些穿过但不算脏的衣服。
Can you grab my sweatshirt? It's on the clothes chair.
你能帮我拿一下我的运动衫吗?在放衣服的那个椅子上。
Pass the sniff test
通过“嗅觉测试”
These jeans do not pass the sniff test. They need to be washed.
这些牛仔裤没有通过“嗅觉测试”。他们得洗了。
The milk passes the sniff test. It's not bad yet.
这个牛奶通过了“嗅觉测试”,还没坏。
Since I’m most likely running late at this point, I chug a cup of instant coffee and I’m out of the door.
这个点儿我大概率是要迟到了,所以我会一口气喝下一杯速溶咖啡然后出门。
Run late
迟到
I don't know why the train's running late today. It's usually on time.
我不知道为什么今天火车迟到了。一般都很准时的。
I'm running late. You guys start the meeting without me.
我快迟到了。你们先开始开会吧。
Chug
一口气喝完,大口喝
Chug the rest of your beer so we can get out of here.
把剩下的啤酒一口气喝完,我们好走了。
I was dying of thirst. I chugged an entire liter of water in seconds.
我那会儿快渴死了。我几秒就把那一升水都喝完了。 |