英语PK台 第991期:我命由我不由天 飒燃一夏看《哪吒》(在线收听

 

Dialogue 1

Jingjing: Well, Mark, are you keeping cool this summer?

京晶:嗨,马克,今年夏天你有做好防暑降温吗?

Mark: It hasn't been too much of a scorcher.

马克:今年夏天并没有那么暴热。

Jingjing: Speaking of scorchers, did you see the new animated movie, Ne Zha?

京晶:说到大热门,你看过新上映的动画电影《哪吒》了吗?

Mark: Yeah, I caught it last Sunday evening.The theater was jam-packed.

马克:看了,我上周日晚上看的。电影院里挤满了人。

Jingjing: I haven't seen it yet. But I know it's based on a mythical figure everybody knows.

京晶:我还没看呢。但我知道它改编自一个家喻户晓的传统神话人物。

Mark: There were a lot of kids in the audience. It was a pretty family-friendly film. 

马克:观众里也有很多小朋友。这是一部适合全家观看的影片。

Jingjing: That's what I heard.

京晶:我也听说是这样。

Mark: There were funny parts for people of all ages. I won't say anything about the story now, though. You still want to catch it in the cinema, don't you?

马克:影片有适合各个年龄层的观众的笑料。但故事情节我现在什么也不会说,你还想去电影院看的,不是吗?

Jingjing: I hope to. There's an IMAX theater close to where I live. That's a little pricey, but probably worth it for an action comedy cartoon.

京晶:对,我希望。我家附近就有一家IMAX影院。票价虽然有一点点贵,但是这样一部动作喜剧卡通片很可能值回票价。

Mark: Yeah, it was non-stop action, to be sure. The thing that kept it interesting were all the changes of scenery. In one scene, they're on the heavenly plane, then later they're in this painting world.

马克:是的,确实是一系列接连不断的动作镜头。让片子趣味十足的地方是那些不断变化的场景。在一个情景里,他们坐上飞去仙界的飞机,过了一会儿他们又进入了画中世界。

Jingjing: Hey, I thought you weren't going to ruin it for me!

京晶:嘿,我以为你不会剧透给我呢!

Mark: That won't ruin it for you, Jingjing. I'd only be ruining it if I told you that, in the end, the two main characters—

马克:京晶,那不算剧透了。如果我告诉你两个主角的最后结局那才是剧透,结局是——

Jingjing: Shush, shush! Let's talk about it after I've seen it, OK?

京晶:停,停!等我看过之后我们再来讨论吧,好吗?

Mark: No problem. I'll have some questions for you then.

马克:没问题。我还有一些问题想问你呢。

Jingjing: I hope I can help answer them.

京晶:希望我能帮忙吧。

Mark: Your movie ticket will also help set the box office record for one of the biggest films in China.

马克:你的电影票也将帮助它刷新票房记录,成为中国卖座大片之一。

Jingjing: I know, right? I read that Ne Zha is setting all kinds of records.

京晶:我知道,可不是吗?我看到报道说《哪吒》正在创造各种新纪录。

Mark: Well, get out there and help put it on top. Let me know what you think later.

马克:是的,去电影院看吧,助《哪吒》票房登顶。之后你再告诉我你的想法。

Jingjing: Will do. See you next time.

京晶:会的会的。回见。

Mark: See you.

马克:回见。

New words : 习语短语

scorcher 大热天,酷暑

– a very hot day

jam-packed 塞满的;拥挤不堪的

– full of people

mythical figure 神话人物

– a character from old stories

IMAX 宽银幕,超大银幕

– image maximum, 70mm film format

shush (要某人安静)嘘,安静,噤声

– quiet down!

box office 售票处,票房

- where tickets are sold for cinemas, also about the amount of ticket sales

Dialogue 2

Jingjing: OK, Mark. Well, I made it out and saw Ne Zha.

京晶:好了,马克。我已经去看了《哪吒》。

Mark: And? What was your take on it?

马克:然后呢?你怎么看待这部电影?

Jingjing: I can see why it's so popular. If I were a kid, I would get a kick out of it. As an adult, I totally enjoyed it too.

京晶:我知道它为什么这么受欢迎了。如果我是个孩子,我会看得很开心。作为一个成年人,

我也非常喜欢它。

Mark: Glad you liked it. What was your favorite part?

马克:很高兴你喜欢。你最喜欢的部分是哪里?

Jingjing: Well, just like you started to mention last time: the painting world was pretty spectacular. I liked it when the guy made a roller coaster out of water for the main character. It showed that they wanted the young hero to enjoy life and learn to care for people.

京晶:嗯,就像你上次在一开始提到的:画笔中的世界实在太美了!我最喜欢的场景就是那个人(太乙)给主角打造了一个水上过山车。这表明他们想让这个年轻小英雄快乐地生活并且学会关爱他人。

Mark: Yeah, that part was delightful!

马克:是的,那部分非常有意思。

Jingjing: You know, the film took some liberties with Ne Zha. In the stories where that character appears, Ne Zha is just heroic, not as naughty or harmful as the film shows.

京晶:你知道的,这部电影对哪吒这个人物做了一些改动。哪吒在原型故事里是一个英雄形象,并不像电影里表现地那么顽皮或是有害。

Mark: Oh really? I thought that was what was interesting about the story, how everyone tried to turn Ne Zha from bad to good.

马克:真的吗?我认为这正是故事有趣的地方,每个人都想把哪吒从坏小孩变成好孩子。

Jingjing: Right. That's an interesting premise for a film.

京晶:是的。那是一个有意思的前提。

Mark: Yeah, siblings separated at birth, one raised by good people, the other raised by bad ones.

马克:是啊,两兄弟在出生时就分开了,一个由好人抚养,另一个由坏人带大。

Jingjing: The dragons weren't all bad. They just wanted to get out of the depths.

京晶:龙族人不是完全坏的人。他们只是想脱离深海禁锢。

Mark: Oh, thanks, Jingjing. You just answered my question.

马克:哦,这样啊,谢谢了,京晶。你刚好回答了我的疑问。

Jingjing: Huh? What question?

京晶:哦,什么问题?

Mark: I was going to ask you, after you saw Ne Zha, what the dragons were trying to do.

马克:我本来想等你看完后问你,龙族到底想要做什么。

Jingjing: Oh. Ha ha. Glad I could help!

京晶:这样啊,哈哈,很高兴我能帮上忙!

New words : 习语短语

(someone's) take on (something) 某人对某一事物的理解和看法

– what someone thinks of something, their opinion

get a kick out of (something) 因某事感到愉快

– enjoy something

take some liberties (with something)随意改变某事 随心所欲

– change something in a way that people might not accept

Premise 前提,假定

– a basic idea for a story

Siblings 兄弟姐妹

– brothers and sisters

depths – 深海

deep parts of the ocean

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/482151.html