英语PK台 第1031期:跟《老友记》学美语(45)(在线收听

 

地点:莫妮卡公寓

人物:菲比,瑞秋,莫妮卡,罗斯,乔伊,钱德勒

事件:菲比告诉大家她想要为弗兰克和艾丽斯做代理孕母的事情,众老友劝她一定要考虑清楚。

Rachel: Honey, this really is an incredible thing to do for them, but there are things to think about.

瑞秋:亲爱的,为他们这么做,的确是一件惊人的喜事,但是有些事你得想清楚。

Monica: Yeah, like you'd be pregnant. I mean pregnant.

莫妮卡:是呀,你将要怀孕,是怀孕呀!

Phoebe: I know!

菲比:我知道!

Ross: Pheebs, you’re talking about putting your body through an awful lot, I mean morning sickness①, uh, labor②, and it’s all for somebody else!

罗斯:菲,你的身体将经受一段可怕的经历,我是说,如害喜,嗯,分娩,但你做这一切都是为了别人!

Phoebe: Yeah, what’s your point③?

菲比:恩,你的重点是什么?(向沙发走去)

Ross: Well, the stuff I just mentioned.

罗斯:嗯,我刚刚说过的那些东西都是重点啊。(罗斯小声地说)

Rachel: Wow! I don’t know if I could ever do that. I always figured the first time I had a baby was with somebody I love and that baby would be a… keeper.2

瑞秋:哇哦!不知道我这辈子还会不会那么做。我一直认为,如果我第一次怀孕,一定是为一个我爱的人,而且孩子出生之后,我得把他留在自己身边啊。

Phoebe: You know you guys were a lot more supportive when I wanted to make denim furniture④.3

菲比:(坐在沙发上,很气馁地说)我当初想做布艺家具时,你们可是很支持我的哦。

Joey: No, Pheebs, listen, if you decide to do this, we’ll be supportive like crazy⑤.4

乔伊:不是,菲,听着,如果你决定下来要做这事,我们当然会全力支持你的。

All: Yeah.

所有人:对啊!

Monica: We just want you to think it through.

莫妮卡:我们只是想让你把事情想清楚。

Rachel: Yeah, honey, maybe you can talk to somebody who’s had a baby. Like your mom?

瑞秋:对,亲爱的,也许你可以和生过孩子的人聊聊。例如你的妈妈?

Phoebe: My mom never gave birth. Oh! But my birth mom⑥ did.

菲比:我妈妈从来没生过孩子。(突然意识到瑞秋的意思) 哦!但是我的生母生过。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/487596.html