美国语文第六册 第210期:江湖庸医(4)(在线收听

Consider my poor wife. Thy wife! My wife, sir.

请看在我那可怜的妻子的份上,饶了我吧。你的妻子?!我的妻子,先生。

Hast thou dared think of matrimony, too? Thou shadow of a man, and base as lean!

你也竟敢为自己的婚姻着想?你这个人渣!

O spare me for her sake!

看在她的份上,饶了我吧!

I have a wife, and three angelic babes, Who, by those looks, are well nigh fatherless.

我有一个妻子,还有三个天使般的孩子,可是他们就要没有父亲了。

Well, well! your wife and children shall plead for you.

够了,够了!你妻子和孩子不过是你的借口而已。

Come, come; the pills! where are the pills? Produce them. Here is the box.

过来,过来;吃了这药片!药片呢?现在就做。在盒里呢。

Were it Pandora's, and each single pill Had ten diseases in it, you should take them.

这可是潘多拉盒啊,每个药片管十种病,你先吃。

What, all? Ay, all; and quickly, too. Come, sir, begin — (LAMPEDO takes one.) That's well! Another.

都吃了吗?嗯,都吃了,快点。来吧,先生,开始吧——(蓝裴多吃了一个)太好了!再来一个。

One's a dose. Proceed, sir.

一次一片。接着吃,先生。

What will become of me? Let me go home, and set my shop to rights, And, like immortal Caesar, die with decency.

那我成什么了?让我回家吧,把店关了,就像不朽的恺撒一样,死的体面一些。

Away! and thank thy lucky star I have not Brayed thee in thine own mortar, or exposed thee For a large specimen of the lizard genus.

得了吧!多亏你的幸运星我才没有在你自己家里揍你,或揭穿你用蜥蜴做大标本。

Would I were one! for they can feed on air. Home, sir! and be more honest. If I am not, I'll be more wise, at least.

我只用了一个啊!因为它们可以在空中喂养。回家吧,先生,做个诚实的人。要是我做不到的话,至少会更聪明一些。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgybyw/d6c/487710.html