看绯闻女孩学英语 55(在线收听

Howie:Nice try, son.

还不错,儿子。

Nate:Maybe next time.

也许下次能赢你。

Howie:You seem upbeat this morning. Did you have fun with Blair last night?

你今天早上看起来挺高兴的,昨晚跟Blair过的还愉快吗?

Nate:Actually, we got into a pretty big fight.

其实,我们大吵了一架。

Howie:Oh, you want my advice? Apologize even if it was her fault.

Flowers,maybe some jewelry if she's really upset. Always it works for your mom.

想听听我的建议吗?即使是她错了你也去道个歉——买束花,要是她真的生气,买首饰也行。

这招对你妈挺管用。

Nate:I don't know. I think it might be for the best.

我不知道,也许这样对我们都好。

Howie:Wait a minute. You guys broke up?

等等,你们分手了?

Nate:Yeah, I guess we did.

是的,我猜想是吧。

Howie:Blair is a great girl.

Blair是个好女孩。

Nate:I know. I'm just not sure if she's the girl for me.

我知道, 我只是不确定她是不是我的真爱。

Howie:And you guys have been dating since kindergarten.

可你们从幼儿园起就在一起。

Nate:So I keep hearing.

所以我才听你的建议。

Howie:Well, you love her, don’t you?

好啦,你爱她,不是吗?

Nate:Yes, I do. I just think it might be good for us to take a break,

you know?

是的,我爱她。你知道吗,我觉得暂时分开对我们都好。

Howie:Maybe not right now. Eleanor Waldorf is gearing up to take her company public,

and I've been courting her for, months to let me handle the deal.

也许现在还不是时候。Eleanor Waldorf正积极地筹备她新公司上市。

为了让她交给我处理,我已经慇勤了她好几个月。

Nate:Then you should get it.

那你肯定没问题。

Howie:I will get it if you could just help me out a little bit.

如果你在旁边使点小力,我会的得到这笔买卖。

What? You love her. She loves you. It's just a rough patch, that’s all.

怎么了?你爱她,她爱你。弥补一下,道个歉, 就这么简单。

You don't give up just because things are hard, not in business,

or if your family is depending on you.

不能因为出现问题,就放手不理。做生意不能这样, 你家人指望你的时候,更不能这样。

1.You seem upbeat this morning.

点拨:upbeat是“快乐的”的意思,这是这个词的比喻义。

2.Did you have fun with Blair last night?

点拨:have fun with sb意思“和某人玩得很高兴”。例如:

Did you have fun with your schoolmates for the weekend?(和校友一起度周末开心吗?)

He couldn't hurt you," she returned. "You might have some fun with him.( 她回答到:“他不会伤害你的,你也许可以跟他开开心。” )

3.Actually, we got into a pretty big fight.

点拨:get into a fight意思”吵了一架““发生了争执”。例如:

If you get into a fight with your BF, will you be the one to call him first or will you wait for his call?(如果你跟男朋友闹别扭了,你会先打电话给他还是等他打给你?)

此外,get into a fight还有“大打出手,打架”的意思。例如:

Don' t get into a fight with him, he can really dish it out.(别跟他动手, 他揍起人来可凶了。

Every once in a while they would get into a fight.(每隔一段时间他们会打架。)

4.Apologize even if it was her fault.

点拨:even if引导让步状语从句,意思是“即使,即便”。

例如:Even if I fail this time, I would try again.(即使我这次失败了,我还要再试试。)We should practice economy even if we are rich.(即使我们富裕了也仍应该厉行节约。)

5.Always it works for your mom.

点拨:work for sb意思是“对......有用,对......奏效”,经常是指是一些小花招,小把戏之类的能哄住某人。

例如:What he did only works for a children.(他的所作所为只能哄小孩子。)

6.You guys broke up?

点拨:break up意思是指(男女恋情上的)分手,分离。例如:

What will happen to the children if Peter and Alice break up ?(如果彼得和爱丽丝离婚孩子们将怎么办?)

The break up of their marriage was an enormous liberation for her.(她离婚一事对她是一大解脱。)

7.I'm just not sure if she's the girl for me.

点拨:the girl for me意思是“适合于我的女孩”。

8.I just think it might be good for us to take a break, you know?

点拨:be good for sb to do sth意思是“对于某人来说做某事是有益处的。”例如:

It is good for you to do some exercises every day. (每天锻炼对于你来说是有好处的。)

点拨:take a break意思是“休息一会儿”“暂停一下”。例如:

I'm always running around and having no time to take a break.(我总是忙来忙去,没有时间休息。)

He called to her to take a break in the shader. (他叫她打找个凉快地方休息一会儿吧。)

剧情领悟:take a break在这里是“暂时别开一下”的意思。因为在那晚,Nate把和Serena曾经发生过性关系的事情告诉了Blair,Blair非常伤心,两人便起了矛盾,所以双方都暂时不见面。

10.Maybe not right now.

点拨:right now的意思是“即刻,马上”。例如:

I am doing nothing right now.(我现在没做什么事情。)

I cannot give you our quotation right now. (现在我不能给你我们的报价。)

11.Eleanor Waldorf is gearing up to take her company public, and I've been courting her for months to let me handle the deal.

点拨:gear up是个固定短语,意思是“安排好,准备好”。例如:

I was all geared up to go on holiday, and now it's been canceled.(我兴致勃勃地做好去度假的准备,可是现在取消了。)

点拨:take sth publi c意思是“把......公众与天下”。例如:

She wants to take his privacy public.(她将自己的隐私公开了。)

点拨:for months的意思是“数月,好几个月”。Court在这里是“奉承”的意思。Handle the deal意思是“处理事务”。

11.It's just a rough patch, that’s all.

点拨:rough是“简单的”的意思,patch意思是“修补,弥补”。A roughpatch意思就是“简单的弥补”。

12.You don't give up just because things are hard, not in business, or if your family is depending on you.

点拨:give up是个固定短语,意思是“放弃”。例如:

Don't give up hope; keep on trying.(不要灰心,继续努力。)

My doctor advised me to give up smoking without delay.(我的医生劝我立即戒烟。)

点拨:depend on是个固定短语,意思是“依靠,以来”。例如:

I haven' t a car, I have to depend on the buses.(我没有汽车,只能靠公共汽车。)

We depend on the newspapers for information about what is happening. (我们依凭报纸获悉所发生的事情。)

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/502723.html