精美英文欣赏:交际面面观 Levels of Communication(1)(在线收听

Levels of Communication 1

交际面面观

Phatic communication: Using conventional messages to establish rapport,

交际沟通:使用传统的信息建立密切关系,

to break the ice, and/or to end a conversation.

打破僵局,以及/或结束一段对话。

You might hug, kiss, shake hands, bow, smile, make eye contact, and face one another.

你可能会拥抱、接吻、握手、鞠躬、微笑、眼神接触,并面对彼此。

We exchange pleasantries by using clichés.

我们用陈词滥调互相寒暄。

Clichés are overused expressions that have lost their original meanings

陈词滥调是被过度使用的语言,已经失去了原来的含义,

and have taken on new relational meanings.

有了新的相关含义。

We expect phatic communication at the beginning and end of every conversation,

我们期望每次谈话的开始和结束都能进行交际沟通,

regardless of our feelings about a person.

不管对一个人怎样看。

eg: Hello. How are you? I'm fine. How are you?

例如:嗨,你好吗?我很好,你好吗?

Thanks for coming. Have a nice day. You're welcome.

感谢你的到来。过得愉快。不客气。

Factual communication: Discussing events, making observations,

事实沟通:讨论事件,进行观察,

offering knowledge to others in a manner which can be called small talk.

以闲聊的方式向他人传播知识。

At business parties, we rely upon factual communication to build network.

在商业聚会,我们依靠事实通信来建立联系。

Factual communication includes reporting what you've read in a textbook,

事实通信包括报告你在教科书中所读的内容,

what you've read in a textbook, what you've studied for a test.

你在实验中学到了什么。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jmywxs/503060.html