精美英文欣赏:我真笨 I'm Stupid!(下)(在线收听

We were trying to sell our car about a year ago.

一年前,我们曾打算卖了我们的车。

A guy came over to the house and drove the car around for about 45 minutes.

一个哥们来看车,然后在附近开了45分钟。

We get back to the house, he gets out of the car,

等我们开车回家,他下车后,

reaches down and grabs the exhaust pipe, then says, "Damn that's hot!"

把手伸到车下摸排气管道,然后他说:“该死的,真热!”

See, if he'd been wearing his sign, I could have stopped him.

看到了吧,如果一开始就知道他说脏话这个特点,我就不会想把车卖给他了。

I learned to drive an 18-wheeler in may days of adventure.

在乐于冒险的日子里,我学会了开18轮的大卡车。

Wouldn't you know, I misjudged the height of a bridge.

你可能不知道,我低估了一座桥的高度。

The truck got stuck and I couldn't get it out, no matter how I tried.

结果卡车被卡住了,无论如何尝试,我都无能为力。

I radioed in for help and eventually a local cop shows up to take the report.

通过无线电我向当地警察寻求帮助,最终警察来了,对此事做了记录。

He went through his basic questioning ... okay ... no problem.

他和往常一样,例行公事地问话,……好的……没问题。

I thought for sure he was clear of needing a sign... until he asked,

我本以为他很清楚那里缺个路牌……直到他问:

"So, is your truck stuck?" I couldn't help myself! I looked at him,

“那么,是你的卡车被卡住了吗?”我愤怒极了,看了着他,

looked back at the bridge and then back to him and said,

回头望了眼那座桥,然后走到他跟前说:

"No, I'm delivering a bridge..." Here's your sign.

“不,是桥被卡住了……”这是警察记录员心不在焉的标志。

I stayed late at work one night and a co-worker looked at me and said.

一天晚上,我工作到很晚,我的一位同事看着我然后说:

"Are you till here?" I replied, "No. I left about 10 minites ago." Here's your sign.

“你还在这儿呢?”我回答,“不,我十分钟前就走了。”看来,睁眼说瞎话也成了一种习惯。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jmywxs/503061.html