看绯闻女孩学英语 114(在线收听

Laurel: This one missed her cue at the clothes show

这个模特错过了时装发布会

because she was throwing up a pear.

因为她把吃下去的梨全吐了出来

She was in Vera’s vogue spread.

她曾经在《Vogue时尚杂志》上给Vera当模特

Eleanor: I don't use Vera’s models.

我可不用Vera的模特

Laurel: None of these are right.

这些人都不合适

Well, that's because you're looking at the high fashion book

那是因为你在浏览顶尖时尚杂志

When you should be looking for a new face,

你应该找找新面孔

you know, someone who looks good in your clothes.

你知道吗 找个穿上你设计的衣服好看的人

Someone in this book, like I told you.

在这本书里找 好像我告诉过你的

Eleanor: I hate the American apparel effect.

我真痛恨美国时装效应

Laurel: But they're closer to what you need.

但是很接近你的需要啊

They're... they're now, they’re hip.

她们 她们前卫 颓废

Eleanor: If this person is supposed to represent Waldorf designs,

如果这个模特要穿出Waldorf的设计的味道来

you have to find me someone worthy of the clothes.Yeah.

你就要给我找个配得上这些衣服的人

Someone like me. Mm. Someone like my daughter.

像我这样的人 像我女儿

Laurel: Well, why not her?

嗯 怎么不试试

You want your line to represent the Waldorf lifestyle,

你希望你的服装能凸显Waldorf风格

who better to represent you than one of your own family?

还有比你家人更合适的人选吗

Eleanor: She was my first dress form.

她是第一个试穿我衣服的人

Serena: She'd love to!

她非常乐意

Blair: I would?

我行吗

Laurel: Eleanor?

Eleanor

Eleanor: Yes. It's perfect.

好吧 太完美了

Laurel: Eleanor Waldorf meet the new face of Waldorf for Bendel's.

Eleanor waldorf 这位是能够打动Bendel's的新面孔

Serena: Yay!

Yay!

Gossip girl: Is that a smile we see on B.'s lips?

Blair唇边挂着的是微笑吗

The spotlight's on her for once and S. actually helped her get it.

聚光灯再次打在她身上 事实上是S(Serena)帮她争取到的机会

I guess miracles can happen.

我想奇迹是会发生的

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/503632.html