看绯闻女孩学英语 143(在线收听

Rufus: Hey. I was just about…

嘿,我刚刚......

Lily: So I made some calls, but as it turns out none of my people know your people. Shocking, but true.

我打了些电话,结果发现没一个我的人认识你的人。这个震惊吧,但是是事实。

Either "Dan Humphrey" is an alias or your son is not very popular. Regardless, I need that number.

要么“Dan Humphrey”是个化名,要么你儿子不怎么受欢迎。无论如何,我需要那个号码。

Rufus: I realized when I got off the phone with you that I could've been a little bit more understanding.

跟你讲过电话之后,我意识到我本可以更通情达理一些。

Lily: You think…

你觉得......

Rufus: I called Dan.

我打电话给Dan了。

Lily: Thank you.

谢谢。

Rufus: And your son's not with them.

你儿子没和他们在一起。

Lily: He's not?

没有?

Rufus: But Serena got Eric on the phone, and he's okay and Dan said they would phone when they were all together.

但是Serena联络到Eric了,他没事。Dan说等他们找到他,会给我打电话。

Lily: Yeah, and you didn't think to call and tell me all of this?

你竟然没想到打电话通知我一声?

Rufus: I was just about to. Now I hate to say this, but why don't you sit and wait here? We should hear from them soon.

我正准备打的。我现在不想这么说,但是你干吗不坐下等会?应该很快会有消息的。

Lily: Fine. And I'll pass on a glass of that non premium liquor that you're drinking.But I will take something to eat.

好吧。我要婉拒你手上的那杯低质酒水,但我可以吃点什么。

Thank you for offering.What? You still know how to cook, don't you?

谢谢你的热情款待。怎么了?还记得怎么烧饭吧?

第一、词汇窜烧

1. alias: 别名,化名

e.g.The criminal Mick Clark has several aliases.

那个叫米克.克拉克的罪犯有化名。

2. popular: 受欢迎

e.g.Jeans are popular among the young.

牛仔裤年轻人很喜爱。

3. regardless: 无论如何

e.g.She is determined to do regardless of all consequences.

她不顾一切后果,决心这样做。

4. understanding: 通情达理的

e.g.We have been working for a better understanding between world religions.

我们一直在为促进世界上各宗教之间的互相谅解而努力。

5. premium: 高级的,优质的

e.g.At the premium end of the market, business is booming.

在市场的高端销售区,生意火暴。

6. liquor: 酒

e.g.The room was filled with cases of liquor.

房间里满是一箱箱的烈性酒。

第二、短语学习

1. be about to:即将,正要

e.g.A new book is about to be brought out.

一本新书即将出版。

e.g.I was just about to call

我正准备打电话给你。

2. turn out:结果是......

e.g.I did not expected that things should turn out like this.

我没料到事情的结果会是这样。

e.g.In good hands she will turn out a valuable woman.

如果有个好环境,她会变成一个大家喜爱的人。

3. made a call:打电话

e.g.As I had no money with me, I made a collect call.

因为身上没钱,我打了一个由对方付款的电话。

e.g.She made a long-distance call to Hong Kong.

她打长途电话到香港。

3. get off the phone:挂电话

e.g.Some people get chatty and are hard to get off the phone.

有些人喜欢聊天,而且很难让他放下电话。

e.g.Then let me get off the phone and check out the problem.

那么让我先挂掉电话查看一下问题。

4. hear from: 收到...的消息

e.g.He is growing impatient to hear from his wife.

他急切盼望着妻子的来信。

e.g.How often do you hear from you sister?

你多长时间收到你姐姐一封信?

5. a little bit: 一点点

e.g. Helen sing a little bit worse.

海伦唱得稍微差一点。

e.g.He was a little bit under the weather.

他生病。

第三、语法点拨

Lily: Either "Dan Humphrey" is an alias or your son is not very popular.

解析:这句话用either...or...连接2个简单句。意思是“不是......就是......”“要么......要么......”。

Rufus: Hey. I was just about…

解析:根据剧情,这句话是省略句,省略的此语是to do something。

Rufus: I realized when I got off the phone with you that I could've been a little bit more understanding.

解析:这句话的结果状语从句中使用了虚拟语气,谓语是should have done这个结构,这个结构用于表示在过去本应该做的事情而没有做。

第四、实用口语

1. 表示某人通过打电话联系到了某人,可以这样说:

Sb gets someone on the phone.

知识点津:on在这里是介词,表示方式,on the pone意思是“通过打电话”。

源自台词:But Serena got Eric on the phone, and he's okay,

2. 对于某些事情,我们不能使蛮劲,要做到同情达理解,可以这么说:

Sb. should be understanding.

源于台词:I realized when I got off the phone with you that I could've been a little bit more understanding.

3. 建议某人做某事,可以套用下面这个句型

Why don’t you do something?

源于台词:Now I hate to say this, but why don't you sit and wait here?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/503661.html