看绯闻女孩学英语 145(在线收听

Rufus: What's wrong with the sauce?

酱汁怎么了?

Lily: Oh, nothing, I'm just so happy to have a home-cooked meal.It just needs a little salt.

没什么,只是能吃到家常菜太开心了,就只要再加点盐。

Rufus: What? It's perfect.

什么?很完美了。

Lily: No, just a... just a pinch.

就加一点点。

Rufus: You haven't changed a bit. You always have to be in control.

你一点也没变,你总要控制一切。

Lily: Well, I don't remember you complaining.

在我印象里你可没抱怨过。

Rufus: Well, I wasn't allowed to. It was one of your rules.

你不准我抱怨。这是你的规则之一。

Lily: Yeah, well, I may hold the reins a little tight but life is complicated, especially once you have kids.

我可能管得有点紧,但生活是复杂的,尤其是有了孩子之后。

You know, when they're little, you're their whole world.

你知道,当她们年幼时,你就是他们的全部。

And then one day, the wall goes up and you're on one side, and they're on the other.

然后突然之间,你跟他们中冒出堵墙,你在一边,他们在另一边。

Rufus: Well, they don't like to admit it, but they want us to break through.

虽然他们不想承认,但他们希望我们能穿墙而过。

Lily: Yeah, well, maybe Serena, but Eric, I don't know what he wants.

Serena可能是这样,但Eric,我都不知道他想要什么。

Rufus: You're awfully concerned about a 14-year-old boy breaking curfew.

他不过是个没守宵禁的14岁男孩,你太过担心了。

Lily: Well, it's not my curfew he's breaking.He's been staying at the Ostroff center.

他没遵守的不是我的宵禁。他一直住在Ostroff中心。

Rufus: Ostroff center?

Ostroff中心?

Lily: Yeah.

对。

Rufus: Is it drugs? Drinking?

他吸毒?还是酗酒?

Lily: Um, no, he's not a bad kid.He's just... just, um, a lonely one.

不,他不是个坏孩子。他只是......很孤单。

Rufus: It's depression? Is it bad?

抑郁症?情况很糟吗?

Lily: Bad enough to try to kill himself.

糟糕到他企图自杀。

Rufus: I'm sorry.

抱歉。

Lily: No, I don't know why. I don't know what I did or I didn't do, but...

不,我不知道为什么。我不知道是我做过什么,还是疏忽了没做什么...

I just don't know what to do to... to make sure it doesn't happen again.

我现在不知道要如何防止这再次发生。

Rufus: All you can do is be there for them.

你要做的就是陪在他们身边。

Lily: Oh, I hope that's Dan or Serena.

希望是Dan或者Serena打来的。

Rufus: Hello? Hey, great. Uh, yeah. Actually, I can tell her.

喂,你好,很好。呃,对,实际上我能告诉她。

His mother's here with me. It's a long story. Sounds good. Take care.

她妈妈在我身边呢。说来话长了。听起来不错,小心点。

So he's with Dan and Serena, and everyone's fine.

他跟Dan还有Serena在一起,万事大吉啦。

Lily: All right, I should go meet them.

那好,我去跟他们碰头。

Rufus: I'll wrap this up.

我把这些打包。

Lily: No. You know what? This isn't gonna travel well.Why don't I just stay here and I can eat it quickly?

你知道吗?这些打包就不好吃了。不如我在这尽快吃完吧?

Rufus: It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

就这么浪费太可惜了。

第一、词汇窜烧

1. sauce: u.n. 酱汁

2. pinch: c.n. 一点点,微量,少量

3. complain: vt. 抱怨

4. rein: c.n. 缰绳

5. tight: adv. 紧紧地

6. complicated: adj. 复杂的

7. admit: vt. 承认

8. curfew: n. 宵禁

9. awfully: adv. 极端地,非常地

10. drugs: c.n. 毒品

11. lonely: adj. 孤单的

12. depression: u.n. 抑郁症

第二、短语精讲

1. be wrong with:有毛病,不正常

e.g.There' s something wrong with my eyes——I can' t see properly.

我眼睛有毛病了——看不清楚了。

e.g.There was something wrong with the switch and I got a shock.

电门有毛病,电了我一下。

2. in control:控制,掌控,管理

e.g.She may be old, but she's still in control of all that is happening.

她尽管人已老了, 然而仍由她掌管一切事情。

e.g.In spite of the panic, she remained serene and in control.

尽管人心惶惶, 但她却泰然自若。

3. break through:突围,冲破,突破

e.g.We attempted to break through the lines of the enemy.

我们企图突破敌人的封锁线。

e.g.Scientist say they is begin to break through in the fight against cancer.

科学家们说, 他们在防治癌症方面开始有所突破。

4. hold the reins:掌管,支配

e.g.Few kings now hold the reins of government.

现在很少有国王是掌握政权的。

e.g. If passion drives, let reason hold the reins.

如果激情飞奔,就让理智勒紧缰绳。

5. go up:上升,增长

e.g.This article is bound to go up in price.

这种物品肯定会涨价的。

e.g.It is certain that prices will go up.

物价上涨是肯定的。

6. be concerned about:关心,挂念

e.g.The whole society should be concerned about the health and sound growth of children.

全社会都应关心孩子的健康成长。

e.g.He was concerned about the recent blear in his vision.

他对他最近的视力模糊感到忧虑。

7. make sure:设法确保,确定

e.g.It may freeze tonight, so make sure the plants are covered.

今晚大概会有霜冻, 一定要把花草都遮盖好。

e.g.You must make sure of the time and place.

你必须把时间和地点弄清楚。

8. take care:当心,注意

e.g.When you clean off the slate, take care not to break it.

擦石板时,当心别把它弄碎。

e.g.Take care that quantity does not oust quality.

注意不要一味追求数量而忽视质量。

9. wrap up:包起来,打包

e.g.Use a cloth to wrap up the wound.

用布把伤口包起来。

e.g.I can wrap up the leftovers for you as well.

我也可以替你们把吃剩的打包好。

第三、泛讲短语

1. on one side:在一边

2. have a home-cooked meal:吃家常菜

3. a bit:一点点

4. kill oneself:自杀

第四、实用口语

有些事情发生因素很多,当别人问到您原因时,您一下子说不清,您可以这么说:

It's a long story. (一言难尽。)

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/503663.html