看绯闻女孩学英语 193(在线收听

Anne: I'm on my way. Uh, I'm late for my blowout at Arden's.

我就过来,我要赶着去Arden的宴会。

Nate: Mom, please. The drugs were dad's.

妈,拜托,那些毒品是爸爸的。

I mean I guess he thought it'd be easier on everyone.

我想他可能觉得我来背黑锅的话能让大家都好受些。

If I took the hit, but they were his.

但毒品确实是他的。

Anne: I don't understand.

我不懂。

Nate: No, he promised me he'd flush the coke, then I caught him buying more.

他答应过我会把毒品冲走的,但我又看见他买了。

Anne: The lengths that you will go to get out of trouble, Nate.

你以为这样就能为自己洗脱吗?

Nate: Mom, he has a problem. I need your help, please.

妈,他确实有问题我需要你帮忙,拜托。

You look down at the floor every time someone tries to tell you the truth.

每次别人跟你说事实的时候,你眼睛就会往地下看,

Just look at me. Mom. I saw dad buying drugs yesterday.

看着我,妈,我昨天看到爸爸买毒品了。

Anne: He's been under a lot of pressure,

他最近压力很大,

and if you hadn't been so difficult lately.

并且假如你最近,不是让人这么担心...

Nate: What?

什么?

Anne: Your latest rebellions have been very hard on your father, Nate,

你最近的反叛让你爸爸很为难,Nate。

all this business with Dartmouth, your issues with Blair.

你去达特茅斯读书的事,你跟Blair的问题。

Nate: Mom, dad needs your help.

妈,爸爸需要你帮他。

Anne: Not another word of this.

别说了。

We have a celebratory dinner to get to. Please wear a tie.

今晚我们还有个庆功宴要去,记得戴领带。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/504571.html