看绯闻女孩学英语 199(在线收听

Bart: This seat taken?

有人坐吗?

Chuck: Father.

爸爸。

Bart: Wow. The light of day doesn't do this place any justice.

白天的灯光对这里的欣赏有影响。

Pauletta Cho: I told him he had to check it out when the joint was in full swing.

我告诉他要检查一下当这里最热闹的时候。

Bart: Chuck, this is Pauletta Cho.

Chuck,这位是Pauletta Cho。

Chuck: Chuck Bass, pleasure.

Chuck Bass,你好。

Pauletta Cho: All mine.

你好。

Bart: Pauletta interviewed me for that recent piece in "the observer,"roped me into a lunch yesterday to pitch me on the idea of helping her with a career change.

Pauletta为最近的"观察家报"采访我。昨天拉我去吃午餐,问我关于帮她事业转型的意见。

Pauletta Cho: What can I say? I'm tired of reporting on titans. I wanna be one myself. Right.

该怎么说呢? 我厌倦了采访那些大人物了,我只是想做我自己。

Chuck: Well,uh,she’s better to help than my father?

那是...... 谁会比我爸更能帮忙?

Bart: As a test, I gave her your proposal that I was given to take a look at.

作为测试,我把你的建议给她了就是你给我看的那份。

Pauletta Cho: The math was fine, but what interested me was the wish fulfillment quality to the report.

计划不错,但我感兴趣的是能否按完全按照计划实现。

Bart: So perhaps,some,uh,old-school thinking and fatherly bias clouded my judgment.What do you say?Hmm?

所以也许一些陈旧的思想和父亲的偏见阻碍了我的判断。你觉得呢?嗯?

I love the idea of being a patron of burgeoning talent.

我觉得为刚斩露头角的人才,投资的想法不错。

Pauletta Cho: Shall we take a full tour?

我们参观一下?

Bart: Yeah.you know,I've been trying to get a hold of Lily,but,uh,I don't seem able to.

你知道,我一直都在尝试留着Lily,但看起来行不通了。

Chuck: Oh,and. There's something I have to tell you.

爸爸,有些事我得告诉你。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/504577.html