看绯闻女孩学英语 215(在线收听

Anne: Take your earphones out. Nathaniel, I've been calling you for 20 minutes.

把耳机摘下。Nate,我给你打了二十多分钟电话。

Nate: I'm sorry. What is it?

抱歉,什么事?

Anne: Blair's birthday party is tonight, isn't it?

Blair的生日派对是今晚吧。

Nate: Yeah.

是的。

Anne: I was thinking maybe you should give her something special.

我在想也许你可以给她一些特别的东西。

Nate: I'm sure she's already picked out something at the jewelry store and put it on hold.

我肯定她已经去珠宝店挑了些东西,并让珠宝店留着了。

Anne: Something more special than that.

比这个更特别的东西吗?

Nate: Mom, that's a family heirloom. I'm not giving it to Blair. It's an engagement ring.

妈,这是祖传的。我不会把它给Blair的。这是枚订婚戒指。

Anne: I'm not asking you to propose but it's important that Blair knows how much you value her loyalty.

我没让你求婚,但是应该让Blair知道你有多重视她的忠诚。

Nate: Her loyalty or her mother's?

她的还是她母亲的?

Anne: Eleanor's lawyers may have called.

Eleanor的律师可能已打过电话来了。

What difference does it make?

这有什么区别?

One day we'll all be family and they won't have a choice in these matters.

总有一天我们会成为一家人,在这个问题上她们不会有其它选择。

Nate: Blair and I broke up last night.

昨天晚上Blair和我分手了。

Anne: Well then get back together.

那么,就复合吧。

Nate: I don't think so.

我不想。

Anne: May I remind you it was your own rash actions that got us into this predicament?

需要我提醒你就是因为你的冲动行为,才使我们陷入今天的困境的吗?

Nate: We're in this predicament because Dad has a drug problem. I was trying to help him.

我们陷入今天的困境是因为我的父亲有毒品问题。我在试着帮他。

Anne: Then help him. Your father's acting the way that he is because he's scared.

那就帮帮他。你父亲今天的表现是因为他很害怕。

He needs you so much right now, more than he ever has. We all do.

现在他这么需要你比以往任何时候都需要。 我们现在都需要你。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/505165.html