看绯闻女孩学英语 256(在线收听

Celia: So is it's true what they say, about the apple and the tree.

所以他们所说的有关苹果和树的事是真的咯。

Rufus: Hello, Celia.

嗨,Celia。

I'd say it's nice to see you, but I know how you hate dishonesty.

很高兴看到你,但我知道你有多讨厌撒谎。

Celia: It appears that your son is taking my granddaughter to the ball tonight.

好像你儿子今晚要带我孙女去参加舞会。

Rufus: He is?

是吗?

Celia: I'd rather see that not happen.

我希望这不要发生

There's no point in being presented, if it's improperly,

如何不合适的话,也就没必要一起出席了

and your Daniel is not a proper companion, for a girl like Serena.

而你的Daniel并不适合,像Serena这样女孩的合适舞伴。

He's a,um,temporary distraction.

Serena只是暂时被他分了心。

I need her to focus, on her future.

我需要她关注自己的未来。

Rufus: Hers or yours?

她的还是你的?

Celia: I am willing to purchase all the paintings in this gallery

我愿意把画廊里所有的画买下来。

In exchange for you convincing your son, not to accompany Serena.

作为回报,你劝你儿子不要去陪Serena。

Before you answer, remember a grown man with children is in a very different position than a young man.

在你回答之前,记住有孩子的男人比单身年轻男子处境很不一样。

The money could be useful now.

而现在钱就变得很有用。

Not to mention, how much this sale would, mean to your wife's career as an artist.

更不用说,这笔买卖对于作为你画家的妻子,在她职业生涯上意味着什么。

Rufus: Your money was no good for me then and it's still no good with me now.

以前你的钱对我不起作用,现在依然不起作用,

And you can rest assured that like me, my son can't be bought.

不过我可以保证,我儿子像我一样不被收买。

Celia: And I can assure you, just like her mother, my granddaughter can be.

我也能确信,就像她母亲,我孙女也会那样选择。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kfwnhxyy/505206.html