纸牌屋第一季 第10集:法案(在线收听

The whole reason we do these meetings, Frank,

弗兰克,我们会面的目的

is so I can get accurate information from you.

就是为从你那儿得到准确的信息

I always said it was going to be close.

我始终说票数会很胶着

Then why did every article I read yesterday

那为什么昨天我读到的报道

say the leadership was confident the bill would pass?

都说领导集团相信法案会通过

Do you know Janine Skorsky?

您知道简宁·斯克斯基吗

She used to be the Herald's White House correspondent.

她曾任《先驱报》驻白宫记者

I remember Janine.

我记得简宁

She wrote an article for Slugline

她为头条网写了篇文章

reporting a verified vote count.

报道了一份经核实的计票结果

Once the media got ahold of that, it went everywhere.

一旦被媒体拿到,那东西就满天飞了

I don't know where she got that number.

我不知道她哪弄到的数字

Maybe she made it up.

或许是她编造的

It doesn't matter if she made it up.

是不是她编的不重要

The democrats seem divided.

外界认为民主党出现了分歧

The leadership looks incompetent.

领导集团就显得很无能

But compared to the the budget and our education act,

与财政预算和我们的教育法案相比

well, this was a minor bill, sir.

这不过是个小法案,先生

That happened to be in the national spotlight,

可它恰恰却受全国瞩目

which is what you wanted.

这是你想要的

I got the count wrong.

计票我算错了

It rarely happens, but it happens.

这很罕见,但确实发生了

What worries me is that the White House's influence

令我担心的是,白宫方面的影响

isn't translating into support on the hill.

没能在国会给你支持

Linda's involvement had no effect?

琳达的参与没起到丝毫作用

I wouldn't say that that's the case, sir.

并不是这么回事,先生

Did you sense any pushback, any fallout

教育法案之争有没有带来

from the education battle?

什么阻力和影响

Sir, the truth is I wasn't there.

先生,事实是我并未出席

I had to make a trip to California

我当时必须得去趟加州

to meet the Provost of Stanford for my son.

为我儿子去见斯坦福的教务长

I told you about it last week.

我上周跟您提过

It was my decision, sir.

这是我的主意,先生

I made a judgment call

我当时认定

that we could pass the bill without her help.

没有她的帮助法案也能通过

But, look, tight votes like this,

但事实是,这种差距甚微的投票

you can analyze them to death,

分析不出个所以然来

but at the end of the day, we came up short.

最终结果就是我们票数落后

That's my fault, no one else's. Certainly not Linda's.

这只归咎于我个人,绝非琳达的错

I shouldn't have gone.

我当时就不该离开

The meeting didn't even work.

那场会面毫无成果

I thought you said they were reconsidering.

你不是说他们会重新考虑

No. I got an email this morning.

不,我今早收到一封邮件

They decided not to overturn the admissions decision.

他们决定不推翻招生办的决定

Oh, Christ. I'm sorry, Linda.

天呐,真是遗憾,琳达

Not a great day so far.

今天不怎么顺利

But I appreciate your covering for me in there.

不过还是要谢谢你刚才为我打圆场

There may be a way to turn Linda's bad luck into my good fortune.

或许琳达的噩运能变成我的机遇

But first I must deal with treason within the ranks...

不过首先我要解决组织内的背叛

the two renegades who voted against the bill.

那两个投反对票的叛徒

I have zero tolerance for betrayal,

我绝不容忍背叛行为

which they will soon indelibly learn.

很快,他们就会永远记住这点

I know why you lost the vote.

我知道投票失利的原因

Somebody got to Vanderburgh and Abrams.

有人去找了范德博格和艾布拉姆斯

Remy Danton.

雷米·丹顿

Your wife.

你妻子

I've got contacts on both their staffs.

我在他们两边都有联络人

There was a meeting between the three of them.

他们三人见过一面

I know. I arranged it.

我知道,我安排的

She told them to vote no. No, not true.

她让他们投反对票,不是这样

Sources on two different staffs saying the exact same thing?

那两边的人怎么说法完全一致

That makes no sense.

这完全没道理

I'm not telling you what makes sense,

我不是在跟你讲道理

I'm telling you facts.

我是在陈述事实

This is a juicy story, Francis.

这可是个猛料,弗兰西斯

Carly will love it.

卡莉绝对会喜欢

The majority whip's wife stabs him in the back.

多数党党鞭的妻子在背后捅他刀子

Be careful, Zoe.

当心点,佐伊

I'm feeding you.

我在给你提供信息

Now you have to feed me.

现在你该给我提供信息了

So give me something better.

给我点更好的新闻

Are you going to answer my question?

回答我的问题

Did she or didn't she?

她有没有那么做

Tell me now, or so help me God,

快说,否则上帝保佑

I will make it my mission in life

我会倾尽一生

to not only destroy your careers,

毁掉你们的职业生涯

but to obliterate all hope and happiness that you manage to cling to.

碾碎你们努力博得的一切幸福与希望

She said it would be okay... To backstab me?

她说我们可以,在背后捅我刀子吗

To do what we thought was right.

做我们认为对的事

So she did tell you to vote no.

那她的确让你们投反对票了

She said it wouldn't be the end of the world if the bill failed.

她说即使法案不通过也不是世界末日

Those were her exact words.

这是她的原话

You discuss this with no one. Is that understood?

这件事不许跟任何人说,明白了吗

Do you blame yourself for not being in Washington to secure the votes?

没待在华盛顿为法案拉票你感到自责吗

A bill this size is a team effort.

这么大的法案要靠团队合作

There are a lot of sponsors.

还有其他联署人呢

But you were the chief sponsor and the bill manager.

但你是主发起者,法案的负责人

That's true.

话是不错

So shouldn't you have been in Washington?

那你不是该留在华盛顿吗

I'm running for Governor.

我在竞选州长

I have a commitment to the people of my state.

我要履行对宾州人民的职责

Are you aware that the Swofford campaign

你是否知道斯沃夫阵营

is putting out a new commercial today that says,

今天放出新的宣传语

quote, "If Peter Russo can't follow through in congress,

"如果彼得·罗素在国会都撑不下去

can he follow through with sobriety?"

他还能抵住酒精的诱惑吗"

That's all. Thank you very much.

访问到此结束,非常感谢各位

Do you want to comment? Thanks, guys.

你不作出回应吗,谢谢各位

Congressman!

议员先生

All I said was what you always say... to vote their conscience.

我不过是说了你常说的,凭良心投票

You encouraged them to defy me.

你鼓动他们违抗我

I met with them. That's what you asked me...

我见过他们了,你要我...

No, that is not what you did.

不,你不是只见面了

I specifically told you I needed them to vote yes on this bill.

我明确说了需要他们投赞成票

There was no room for interpretation.

根本毫无歧义

It's a deliberate lie, so don't try to sugarcoat it, Claire.

你存心撒谎,不要再粉饰了,克莱尔

I needed Remy's help. You wouldn't offer any.

我需要雷米的帮助,你又不帮我

Oh, wait.

等下

You did this for Remy?

你是为雷米这么做的

No. For myself. To get my shipment out of Sudan.

不是,为我自己,我要把货从苏丹运出来

He provided assistance.

他施以了援手

In exchange for defeating the bill.

以否决法案作为代价

No. In exchange for not helping it succeed.

不,只是没有促成法案通过

Which is the same goddamn thing.

不就是一回事吗

Do you realize you have endangered

你知不知道你危及了

everything that we have been working toward?

我们一直以来苦心经营的一切

There was a timetable here, Claire.

一切都安排好了啊,克莱尔

We needed strong momentum right up until the last minute.

直到最后一刻我们都得保持这股劲头

I can't operate based on plans you haven't shared with me.

你遇事不和我商量,我怎么依计划行事

Then you should've asked me first.

那你也该先问我一下

No, I'm not going to ask for your blessing

不,我不会每次做决定

on every decision I make, Francis.

都征求你的意见,弗兰西斯

We make decisions together.

我们是一起做决定

Yeah, well, it hasn't felt like that.

我怎么没觉得

Not for the past six months.

至少过去六个月不是这样

I don't feel as though I'm standing beside you.

我没觉得我们是在并肩作战

Other people know, Claire.

有人知道这事,克莱尔

This could become a story about us.

这可能成为我们的把柄

And that's something you do not recover from.

而且是一竿子就能把人打死的事

Who? That's something that follows you for life.

谁知道,这种事永远洗刷不掉

Who knows?

谁知道

Zoe.

佐伊

I thought you said she could be trusted.

你不是说她可以信任吗

What about our trust?

那我们之间的信任呢

You can't control her, can you, Francis?

你无法控制她,是吧,弗兰西斯

She wouldn't have been a problem if you hadn't lied.

你如果没撒谎,她就不是问题

No, she wouldn't have been a problem

不,如果你没跟她上床

if you hadn't dropped your pants.

她才不是问题

And you come in here, to my office, and berate me

你来我办公室,痛斥我一顿

when you're the one who's exposed us?

而实际上这都是你的错

Don't you try to turn this around on me.

你休想把矛头指向我

I fired half of my staff for us.

我为你解雇了一半的员工

I have turned down donations for us.

回绝了送上门的捐款

I drafted Peter's bill for us.

起草了彼得的法案

I diverted time and energy away from my goals for us.

搁置我自己的理想,去忙你的事

Okay, I don't wanna have to say this,

好吧,我本不想这么说的

but maybe you need to hear it.

但你或许该听听

C.W.I. is important, yes,

净水计划是重要

but it doesn't come close to what we are trying to accomplish.

但它根本比不上我们努力奋斗的目标

You must see that!

你要认清这一点

I'm just being honest.

我只是实事求是

Then be honest about how you've been using me

那就老实承认你利用了我

just like you use everybody else.

就像你利用其他人

That was never part of the bargain.

可从没说过会是这样

Is it the hot flashes?

是因为潮热(更年期症状)吗

Get out.

滚出去

Get out.

给我滚

I'll see you back at the house.

回家再见

I'm on my way to the office.

我在去办公室的路上

Let me call you when I get there.

到那儿给你电话

No, no. We need to talk now.

不,现在就谈

I know you're upset, Peter,

我知道你很生气,彼得

but that's not going to achieve anything.

但那也没有用

I am more than upset, Frank.

我不止生气,弗兰克

Change your tone. I'm in no mood.

注意你的语气,我没心情

I don't give a fuck! Goodbye, Peter.

我不在乎,再见,彼得

You hang up on me now, you're not gonna appreciate who I call next.

你挂我电话,就别怪我接下来去找谁

Excuse me? I promised my people jobs.

你说什么,我承诺给我的人民工作

You promised me you could get this bill passed.

你承诺会让这份法案通过

You failed on your promise. I'm not gonna fail on mine.

你食言了,但我不会

So however you need to fix it, you figure it out.

无论你想什么办法,把这问题解决掉

Otherwise, I go public with Kapeniak and the Kern editorial.

否则,我就把科佩尼科和科恩社论的事抖出来

You need to cool down

你需要冷静

and think very carefully about what you just said.

仔细地考虑下刚才说的话

You don't understand. I'm not afraid of you anymore, Frank.

你不明白,我不再怕你了,弗兰克

Then you're misguided.

那你就大错特错了

My past is out in the open.

我的过去已经公开了

You don't hold that over my head anymore.

你再也不能以此威胁我了

They don't know everything, Peter.

他们不知道所有事,彼得

You destroy me, you destroy yourself.

你毁了我,就是毁你自己

Fix it.

快解决

What do you want me to do? We have to accelerate things.

你要我怎么做,加快进度

Isn't it too early?

是不是早了点

It's almost two full months into the election.

离选举还有近两个月

That gives the White House too much time to vet somebody.

这样白宫的审查能做得很充分

Peter's crossed the line.

彼得越界了

We built up his confidence, and now we're losing control of him.

我们为他建立自信,现在控制不住他了

Maybe he was just blowing off steam.

也许他只是在发脾气

No. He's determined. We have to act now.

不,他主意已定,我们得马上行动

You have everything you need on your end?

你那边准备妥当了吗

Give me a when and a where.

给我时间地点就行

Some sort of social setting's preferable.

最好是社交场合

Anything else? I'll need cash.

还有吗,我需要现金

About three grand.

大概三千

It'll be in your top drawer by tomorrow morning.

明早放在你上层抽屉里

Sir...

先生

Once we do this, we're committed.

一旦这么做,就不能回头了

Understood. I can't predict how he's gonna react.

我知道,我无法预测他的反应

Well, I won't be blackmailed.

我不能忍受勒索

Hello?

Zoe Barnes?

佐伊·巴恩斯

Yeah. Who is it?

是的,你是谁

Claire Underwood.

克莱尔·安德伍德

Zoe?

佐伊

I apologize for not buzzing.

很抱歉我没有按门铃

Somebody was coming in the building when I was downstairs,

我在楼下时,正好有人进楼

so I just figured...

所以我就...

This is nice... fire escape.

有防火梯,不错啊

Hey, could you please not go through my things?

你能别乱碰我的东西吗

Oh, I'm sorry. Am I intruding?

对不起,我打扰到你了吗

Yeah, actually. You are.

是啊

Well, that makes it a twoway street, I suppose.

那我们真是彼此彼此了

Okay, if you... if you came here to punish me...

如果你是来惩罚我的

Fine. I get it.

好吧,我懂的

Such a shame,

真可惜

how naive you are.

你太天真了

I'm not naive. No?

我不天真,是吗

I've known everything from the beginning, Zoe.

我从一开始就知道一切,佐伊

My husband and I tell each other everything.

我和我丈夫之间无话不谈

Don't you believe me?

你不信我吗

Is there a spider I can trap?

这里有蜘蛛让我抓吗

I'm not here to punish you or to tell you to stop.

我不是来惩罚你,或是叫你停手

I just thought I should open those big bright eyes.

我只是想让你睁大眼睛看清事实

I think you should leave.

我想你该走了

I think I should too.

我想也是

Maybe you're not that naive.

也许你没那么天真

A lesser woman wouldn't have opened the door.

换个小丫头连门都不敢开

Union Station, please.

到联合车站

This is Claire. I'm unavailable to answer the phone,

我是克莱尔,现在不能接听你的电话

but if you leave a message,

如果你留了言

I'll be sure and get back to you shortly.

我会尽快回复你

Thank...

谢谢

Hello? Zoe.

喂,佐伊

You don't have to tiptoe.

你不用轻手轻脚的

I thought you fell asleep.

我以为你睡着了

No. Just thinking about work.

没有,在想工作的事

I don't have anything for you yet. I will soon.

我现在还没有料给你,很快就有了

I know you will.

我知道

You can spend the night if you want.

你愿意的话,可以在这里过夜

Early meetings.

还要早起开会

Wouldn't have time to get home and change.

那样就没时间回家换衣服了

You seem distracted. I have a lot on my mind.

你好像心神不宁,烦心事太多

Like what?

比如

Work, just like you. No Claire?

工作的事,和你一样,克莱尔呢

Or maybe she qualifies as work.

或者她也算工作

She didn't mention anything?

她什么都没提吗

About...

提什么

I thought you didn't keep things from each other.

你们不是无话不谈吗

Look, just say what you want to say.

想说什么就说

She came by here a few hours ago.

她几个小时前来过

We had a nice little talk.

我们聊了一会儿

Don't let me keep you.

你走吧

You should go home, get some rest.

你该回家休息一下

Tell Claire I said hi.

代我向克莱尔问好

This is Claire. I'm unavailable to answer...

我是克莱尔,现在不能...

The lights in the Whartons' house will go on in a few moments.

沃顿家的灯待会儿就要亮了

They always get up precisely at quarter to 7:00,

他们总是6点45准时起床

which is just the time that Claire would be going for her run,

如果克莱尔在这儿

if she were here.

她就会这时去跑步

Rebellion on all fronts...

谁都不听话

Claire, Zoe, Russo.

克莱尔,佐伊,罗素

I must not lose my resolve.

我不能失去决心

I will march forward,

我会继续向前

even if I have to do so...

即便我必须

alone.

独自前行

See? Told ya.

说中了吧

Good morning.

早上好

Hi, Frank.

你好,弗兰克

How are you? I'm good.

你好吗,很好

Have you heard from Claire? Yeah, I got her message.

收到克莱尔的消息了吗,嗯,她的短信

How's she feeling? A lot better.

她感觉怎么样,好多了

Good. She said she'd be gone for the rest of the week.

很好,她说她下周前都没法来

Is it the flu or something? Something like that.

是流感吗,差不多

I just came over to pick up a few things from her office.

我就过来到她办公室拿点东西

I could've sent somebody over. Oh, no. It's no big deal.

我可以找人送去的,不,没事的

In fact, I also came here to ask you a favor.

其实,我还想来请你帮个忙

You went to Stanford, correct?

你念的斯坦福,对吧

Valedictorian? Yeah.

还致了告别辞,对

Do you know the provost? Warren Tynsdale.

你认识教务长吗,沃伦·泰斯戴尔

He flies me out to do fundraising events.

他让我组织募捐活动

Supposedly I'm the poster child for alumni.

可能我是校友的杰出代表吧

Making the world a better place.

让世界更美好

Well, that is good, because this is important.

那很好,这事很重要

Linda Vasquez, the President's chief of staff...

琳达·瓦斯奎兹,总统的幕僚长

her son, Ruben, applied.

她的儿子鲁本递了申请

I'd love for you to get on the phone with Tynsdale

我希望你能打电话给泰斯戴尔

and tell him that they should accept him.

告诉他学校应该录取他

I don't know. I... I've never recommended anyone.

这...我从没推荐过别人

All the better. It'll carry more weight.

这样更好,更有分量

Can I meet Ruben first?

我能先见见鲁本吗

I would really prefer that Linda not know.

我其实不想让琳达知道

In fact, it would be better if both she and Ruben

其实,最好让他们母子

believed he got in on merit alone.

都以为他是因为出色而被录取

Will you please do this favor for Claire and me?

能帮我和克莱尔这个忙吗

And for the President.

也算帮了总统

Thank you.

谢谢

More contrast.

增加对比度

We need to catch the edge of his face.

我们要捕捉他的面部轮廓

Let's recrop it. Bring it in a quarter of an inch on the left.

重新剪裁吧,左边加四分之一英寸

Would you...

能去...

Somebody named Claire?

有个克莱尔找你

Remy.

雷米

You hungry?

饿吗

I don't eat pork.

我不吃猪肉

When did that happen?

什么时候的事

When we started lobbying for the meatpacking industry.

开始给肉类加工业游说时

Freddy, half a rack for me,

弗莱迪,给我半块肋排

and some Collard Greens for my friend here.

再给我朋友来点羽衣甘蓝

I'm good. I already ate lunch.

不用了,我吃过午饭了

Half a rack coming up.

半块肋排马上就好

I don't usually do business here.

我一般不在这儿谈公事

This is my little secret.

这里是我的小秘密

I'd love it if we could keep it that way.

希望你别说出去

I don't think you have to worry about me bringing clients by.

你不用担心我会带客户过来

You seem tense, Remy.

你好像很紧张,雷米

I assume you're upset about the watershed bill.

流域法案的事你很生气吧

Not with you. You were just doing your job.

我不怪你,你只是在做本职工作

But now I have to do mine.

但我也得做好我的工作

I'd like to propose a partnership.

我想建立合作关系

I'm always open to partnerships, Frank.

我一向愿意合作,弗兰克

If Peter Russo were a pronatural gas candidate,

如果彼得·罗素支持天然气开采

how valuable would that be to Sancorp?

对桑科有多大的价值

The watershed bill was antidrilling.

但流域法案反对开采

Peter's proemployment, not antidrilling.

彼得是支持就业,不是反对开采

He just wants to bring employment to his people,

他只是想为选民创造更多就业机会

and Sancorp is building refineries.

而桑科刚好在建设精炼厂

Mostly on site.

但大多数都建在当地

Do you think they would be open

你认为桑科会考虑

to considering Philadelphia?

在费城建厂吗

I can talk with them, but I can't make any promises.

我可以和他们谈谈,但不能保证

Oh, I don't want any promises. Just engage with Russo.

我不需要保证,你就先去和罗素谈谈

You know, give him a glimmer of good fortune.

描绘一下美好前景之类的

Frank, here you go.

来了,弗兰克

Come on. Smell that.

闻闻这香味

You sure you don't want to reconsider your stance on pork?

真不想改主意吗

Brain food, brother.

健脑食品啊,兄弟

I love it. 850.

我喜欢这地方,每月850美金

You can afford that?

能付得起吗

Yeah. Yeah, I think so.

没问题

First and last month are taken care of.

首末两月的租金已经付过了

So is the security deposit.

押金也付了

That's to buy some furniture.

用这笔钱买点家具吧

I'll pay you back. I promise.

我会还给你的,我保证

It's not necessary.

不用了

But I do need you to do one thing for me.

不过我确实要请你帮个忙

I come across as a hypocrite. You need jobs.

人们会觉得我是个伪君子,你得增加就业

Do you really care how you deliver them?

谁会在乎那些职位是怎么来的

First, I advocate for more regulation for the watershed,

我先是主张加强对流域的管制

then I cozy up to the drilling interests?

然后又去投奔开采业

Yeah, but natural gas is the future, Peter.

但天然气是大势所趋,彼得

This is an industry that could bring

这一产业能在未来十年

100,000 jobs into your state over the next decade.

给你家乡带来十万个工作岗位

I agree with Peter. It seems like flipflopping.

我和彼得想法一致,这样做有点出尔反尔

Sancorp's lobbying efforts is why we lost the watershed bill.

流域法案的流产要归咎于桑科的游说

But they can also be a very powerful ally.

但他们也会成为强大的盟友

Our message is a "Fresh start."

我们的竞选口号是"崭新的开始"

This makes you look like business as usual.

这么做会让人觉得你并没改变

This is politics.

这是政治

There are seized opportunities and missed opportunities.

你可以抓住机会,也可能错过机会

Seize this one, Peter.

抓住这个机会,彼得

Sancorp can commit to building new refineries in Philly?

桑科能保证在费城新建精炼厂吗

Sancorp will commit to discussing it with you.

桑科能保证和你商讨此事

I need more than that. Look, you asked me to fix a problem.

这可不够,你让我解决问题

I've come to you in less than 24 hours with a solution.

我在24小时之内就给出了解决方案

Can you meet me halfway?

你能不能也做出让步呢

What would be the first step?

第一步要怎么做

All right. You remember Remy Danton?

很好,还记得雷米·丹顿吗

Oh, come on. He led the charge against the watershed bill.

得了吧,就是他牵头反对流域法案的

I know. That's not the point.

我知道,但这不重要

One of his other big clients is the McNeally cancer institute.

麦克奈利癌症研究所也是他的大客户之一

They're having a big gala tonight...

他们今晚将举办一场宴会

a cocktail party... for their donors.

鸡尾酒会,宴请捐款人

Remy will be there.

雷米也会到场

We have events in Haverford and Gladwyne...

我们在哈弗福德和格莱德文有活动...

Yeah, well, this is more important.

这件事更重要

You also have a radio interview tomorrow morning

你明早还要跟匹兹堡当地的电台

with a local Pittsburgh station?

做连线访谈,对吗

Yes. All right.

是的,好吧

Meet with Remy tonight.

今晚和雷米谈谈

And if it goes well and if you're comfortable,

如果谈得顺利而且你也愿意

tomorrow morning on the radio,

就在明早访谈的时候

you support their drilling efforts.

表示支持他们开采

And Remy has assured me if you do that,

雷米已经向我保证,如果你这么做了

he can push Sancorp in the right direction.

他会说服桑科跟我们合作

Cancel the events tomorrow.

取消明天的活动

Head back to Philly, do some damage control.

回费城去,尽力弥补损失

I'll see you tomorrow afternoon. Peter...

我明天下午就过去,彼得

Please.

拜托

Okay.

好吧

I'm gonna go make some calls.

我去打几个电话

Peter, have you mentioned anything to her about Kapeniak or...

彼得,你跟她提过科佩尼科吗

No. I haven't mentioned it to anybody.

没有,我没跟任何人说过

All right. Stamper will come by in the morning

好吧,明早斯坦普会过去

and brief you on the talking points.

向你说明要点

When did you take this?

这是什么时候拍的

Oh, it was about 7:00 in the morning.

大概是早上七点

The sun had just come up.

太阳刚出来

You were asleep... right here.

你正在酣睡,就在这里

The light was perfect.

光线很完美

I had no choice.

我情不自禁

I always slept so well in this apartment.

在这个公寓我一向睡得安稳

How long are you in town for?

这次要待多久

I don't know.

我不知道

I haven't decided.

还没想好

You have no luggage.

你没带行李

It smells the same.

这里的味道还是一样

Feels the same.

感觉也没变

I think Sancorp is missing out,

不在费城占有一席之地

not having a significant presence in Philadelphia.

是桑科的损失

There are advantages to centralizing in a major urban center.

以大城市为中心是有好处

But the disadvantages are commercial real estate prices,

但也有缺点,商业地产的地价

city taxes, building a pipeline.

缴城市税,铺设管道

It's all very costly.

这些都耗资巨大

So they'd have to reduce costs elsewhere.

那就得从其他方面削减开支

Significantly. How can I help with that?

当然,我能帮上什么忙

Statewide permitteduse zoning.

开放全州土地

No more conditional zoning.

去除区划限制

The municipalities are slowing down development.

地方政府阻碍了发展

That's the state legislature.

但这是宾州法律啊

You come out in support of permitted use,

你要是支持开放土地

and you get elected Governor.

就能当选州长了

That'll put pressure on the legislature.

这能给立法机构造成压力

Sancorp is very interested in having

桑科很愿意在哈里斯堡(宾州首府)

a powerful friend in Harrisburg.

结交一位有分量的朋友

My opponent's prodrilling.

我的对手也支持开采

Your opponent isn't asking for refineries in Philadelphia.

但你的对手没说要在费城建精炼厂

We prefer friends we can count on.

我们更喜欢靠得住的朋友

Have your clients listen to WZPZ tomorrow at a quarter to 8:00.

让你的客户明早7点45分收听WZPZ

It's a Pittsburgh station.

是匹兹堡的电台

It's been a pleasure, Congressman.

聊得很愉快,议员先生

I look forward to talking again soon.

希望能尽快再谈

You got a light?

有打火机吗

This is a cancer research event.

这可是癌症研究宴会

I know. I helped organize it.

我知道,我也帮忙组织了啊

You work for the institute? No. The hotel.

你在研究所工作,不,是酒店

And they let you smoke here?

他们让你在这儿抽烟

No. The manager would kill me.

不,经理会杀了我的

Well, at least it got you talking.

不过至少让你开口了

Are you having a good night? You look happy.

今晚很顺利吗,你看起来很高兴

Uh, I am. I am. I'm having a great night.

是啊,很顺利

Why? I just got some very good news.

为什么,刚刚收到了好消息

We should celebrate. What are you drinking?

那得庆祝一下,你要喝什么

You know, I was just leaving, actually.

其实我正打算走了

You haven't even asked my name yet.

你还没问我叫什么呢

I apologize, but I have to go. It's Rachel.

抱歉,但我得走了,我叫瑞秋

I'm not trying to be rude, but I got a big meeting tomorrow.

我不想失礼,但我明天还有个重要会议

Then don't be rude. Just stay a few more minutes

那就别失礼,再待会儿

and keep me from having to mingle.

这样我就不用找人攀谈了

My date ditched me.

我被男伴甩了

So if you abandon me now, that would be very rude.

你要是现在撇下我,那就很失礼了

These heels are killing me.

高跟鞋真要命

Feel that. Feel that blister.

摸摸看,这些水泡

Hey, I...I have a girlfriend.

我有女朋友了

I'd be surprised if you didn't.

要没有才奇怪呢

Why'd your date ditch you?

你的男伴为什么要甩了你

Mmm. Very scandalous.

说来很丢人

What happened?

怎么回事

Clink glasses with me.

碰个杯

I'm petite, but I can hold my liquor.

我虽然个子小,但很能喝

Obviously.

看出来了

When I do get drunk, though...

我一喝醉了就...

What then?

就怎样

I get undressed.

就脱衣服

What about you?

你呢

What are you like when you get drunk?

你喝醉了会怎样

It's not pretty. Pretty's overrated.

不太好看,好看不顶用

I like it when things get a little bit ugly.

我反而喜欢不堪的场面

When I work late nights,

我要是工作到很晚

they let me stay at the hotel

他们就让我住酒店

so I don't have to drive home.

我就不用开车回家了

This one is yours.

这张给你

Room 1121.

1121号房间

Sir?

先生

In here.

在这儿

You wanted to see me?

您找我吗

I need you to locate somebody.

我要你找一个人

Who?

My wife.

我太太

Do you have a way of doing that?

你有办法做到吗

I do, sir.

有,先生

I know a guy in missing persons...

我认识一个人,失踪人口部的...

She's not missing. I just...

她没有失踪,我只是

don't know where she is at the moment.

不知道她现在在哪里

I trust him.

我信任他

We can do this off the books.

我们可以私下办

Good.

很好

I'll get on it right away.

我这就去办

Come on. Give us another one.

来嘛,再说个笑话

No. I'll tell you why.

不,我告诉你

Because my mother always used to tell me to smile more.

我妈妈以前总让我多笑笑

Always drove me crazy. She'd say, "Claire",

总让我抓狂,她会说, "克莱尔

"Why have you that scowl all the time?

你怎么总是愁容满面

You look so much more beautiful when you smile."

你笑起来的样子美多了"

It was never a real conversation.

我们从来没真正聊过

There was never, "Oh, what do you feel?"

她从来不会问我, "你感觉怎么样"

Or "What are you thinking?"

或者"你在想什么"

Just so long as I looked beautiful and happy.

只要我看上去漂亮幸福

That's all she cared about.

她只关心这个

So you want me to ask you

那你是希望我问你

what you're thinking and feeling?

你在想什么,感觉怎么样

All the time.

一直问

I actually do wanna know what you're thinking and feeling.

其实我也挺好奇你的想法和感觉

How sad am I? Yes, so tell me first.

我真可悲啊,是啊,不如你先说

What? Tell me first.

什么,你先告诉我

I think I'd better get dressed. What? Why?

我还是去穿衣服吧,什么,为什么

Uh, because...

因为...

I've got friends coming over,

我约了朋友来

and as a host, I should probably wear clothes.

作为主人,总得穿件衣服

Really? Yeah.

真的吗,对

Why do you do that? Well, you know.

那是为什么,你懂的

It's proper? Kind of.

比较妥当,差不多

Oh, fuck.

该死

Thought you might have bailed.

还以为你不来了呢

Sit down.

坐吧

Vodka or whiskey?

伏特加还是威士忌

Uh, you go ahead.

你喝吧

Come on. You can be a good boy downstairs, not up here.

拜托,你在楼下装乖就算了,在这儿不用啊

Seriously, I'm good.

真的,我不用

Whiskey, I think.

威士忌吧

So what's your good news?

你的好消息是什么

I wanna know what we're celebrating.

我想知道我们在庆祝什么

Why did your, uh... why did your date ditch you?

你的男伴为什么甩了你

I asked you first. I did, downstairs.

我先问的,我在楼下就问了

He works on the Hill.

他在国会工作

Some staffer or something.

工作人员之类的

I don't know. I think he's a glorified gofer.

我也不清楚,可能就是个普通职员

A friend set me up with him.

一个朋友介绍的

So I said he should come tonight, keep me company.

我说他今晚可以过来陪我

But all he wanted to do was schmooze.

但他只想和我闲扯

So I brought him into the women's bathroom,

我就带他去了女盥洗室

told him he was being an asshole.

跟他说他是个混蛋

He told me I was being childish.

他反过来说我幼稚

So I slapped him.

我就扇了他一巴掌

You slapped him?

你扇他耳光

Yeah. Big red hand mark right across his face.

没错,脸上五道红指印

I think he was embarrassed to be seen by the Schmoozerati.

我想他怕被人看见丢脸

So he left.

所以就走了

And that is the last time

这是我最后一次

I go on a date with a guy who wears a flag pin to work.

和戴国旗胸针上班的人约会了

I'm one of those guys who wears a flag pin to work.

我也是其中之一

This isn't really a date, is it?

我们也不是在约会啊

I really shouldn't be here.

我真的不该来这儿的

That's what makes it fun.

这样才有趣

Tell me your good news. I wanna know what we're toasting to.

告诉我你的好消息,我们为什么干杯

Let's toast to you.

我们为你干杯

I'm your good news? Okay, I'll toast to that.

我就是你的好消息,好啊,干杯

What are you...

你这是...

I didn't wanna wait at the Herald.

我不想在《先驱报》报社等

I was gonna call you, but...

我本来想给你打电话,但是

Can I stay at your place tonight?

我今晚能住你家吗

Uh, stay with me?

和我住

Well, just on your couch

我睡沙发就行

for a night or two.

就一两晚

Uh, why?

为什么

I can't be in my apartment.

家里待不下去

Did something happen? No. I...

发生了什么,没有

I'm sorry.

抱歉

Zoe.

佐伊

Come on.

走吧

What time is the interview?

采访几点开始

Quarter to 8:00. I'll be with him.

差一刻八点,我在一旁守着

And where's Peter now?

彼得现在在哪

Are you sure you want the details?

你真想知道细节吗

Just tell me, is it going well?

告诉我进展是否顺利就行

Hasn't been any updates.

还没有新消息

But if it does go well, you'll be ready?

如果进展顺利,你准备好了吗

I'm ready. I've been ready. I'm ready.

我早准备好了

Anything else? We never played chess before, have we?

还有事吗,我们从没下过国际象棋吧

I don't know how.

我不会

You want me to teach you?

要不要我教你

I should really get some rest.

我该去休息了

Be fresh for the morning.

为明早养精蓄锐

Yeah, another time.

好,下次再说

1160, WZPZ, 7:45.

7点45 调幅1160 WZPZ

Good night.

晚安

I hate being kept in the dark.

我讨厌不知情

Waiting.

焦急等待

Speculating.

胡乱猜测

Useless.

无能为力

Oh, come on! Let's dance.

来吧,和我跳支舞

It's not a big deal.

没事的

Come on, let's do it. No.

来跳舞嘛,不要

No, please, I can't. Not now.

拜托了,我真的不跳

Come on.

来吧

This is really nice.

这房子真不错

Do you want anything? Water? Juice?

要喝点什么吗,水还是果汁

No, thanks. I'm good.

不用了,谢谢

Uh, you can have the bed. I'll sleep on the couch.

床让给你,我睡沙发吧

No. No.

不用不用

It's fine.

没关系

Please, Lucas, let me sleep on the couch.

拜托了,卢卡斯,让我睡沙发吧

I'll feel bad.

不然我良心不安

All right.

好吧

Can I help? I got it.

需要帮忙吗,我来吧

So,

那个

you know, we don't have to talk if you don't want to.

你不想谈就不要勉强

But I haven't seen you in, like,

不过我们

six months.

六个月没见了

Except for when I drunkenly stalked you at your...

除了我上回喝醉了跟踪你

Right. That was kind of adorable.

嗯,挺可爱的

It was either psychotic or sad.

应该说是发疯或是可悲

Not adorable.

哪里可爱

Yes, it was.

真的挺可爱

Can you hand me that pillow?

能把枕头递给我吗

So, why do you need to get out of your apartment?

为什么要离开公寓

It just felt small.

感觉太小

Well, it can't be smaller than my place.

不会比我这儿还小

No. I don't mean size. I mean...

不,不是面积小,是...

I felt trapped.

我感觉像一只困兽

Like I was in a place that I didn't actually live.

好像我并不住在那里

Does that make any sense?

你能明白吗

I guess.

或许吧

Okay.

好了

There you go.

搞定

Um, anytime you need to get up?

你什么时候起床

Um, I'll just set an alarm on my phone.

我用手机定闹钟就好

All right. Well, feel free to watch TV.

好吧,想看电视就看

I can sleep through anything.

再大声我都睡得着

Hey, thank you, Lucas.

谢谢你,卢卡斯

Hey, that's the last of it.

就剩这么点了

Better make it count, then.

那可得好好利用

Drink up.

喝光

Do I look familiar to you?

你觉得我面熟吗

Familiar? No.

面熟吗,不觉得

My face? My body? No.

脸和身体,没印象

How about my voice?

那我的声音呢

Have we...

我们以前...

No.

没有

No. I was just wondering

不,我只是好奇

if you had a thing for brunettes with blue eyes.

你是不是偏爱蓝眼睛的褐发女人

Hey, where you going? Come back here.

你去哪,回来

I wanna see you better.

我想看得清楚点

Shit. The sun's up?

该死,天亮了

Has been for a while.

亮了有一会儿了

Oh, fuck. What time is it? 7:15.

该死,几点了, 7点15了

Fuck. I have an interview in half an hour.

该死,我半小时后有个采访

Skip it. I can't. I gotta do it.

别做了,不行,必须得做

You can keep the room till noon.

你可以到中午再退房

Hello? I'm at your building.

你好,我在你家楼下

The front desk keeps calling up, but there's no answer.

前台一直打电话,但没人接

I'm not there. Then I'll come to you. Where are you?

我不在那儿,那我去找你,你在哪

I'm... I'm at the Park Highmore hotel.

我在,在帕克海默尔酒店

Are you okay? You sound drunk.

你还好吗,好像喝醉了

It was, uh... yeah. Yeah. I'm... I'm all right.

就是,嗯嗯,我没事

You have the interview. I know!

你还有个采访,我知道

Have you been drinking, Peter?

你又喝酒了吗,彼得

Uh, what? No. Um, I just decided to spend the night here.

什么,没有,我只是想在这儿住一晚

What room are you in?

你在哪个房间

11, uh... 1121.

11 1121号

Stay there. I'm coming right now.

待在那儿,我马上过来

Jesus, Peter. What happened? You're drunk.

天哪,彼得,怎么了,你喝醉了

I'm fine. I can smell it on you.

我没事,我都闻到酒味了

Okay, I had a drink or two.

好吧,我是喝了一两杯

It was nothing crazy.

没喝多

We can't do this interview.

我们不能接受采访了

I'm sober. I can handle it.

我很清醒,应付得来的

You're slurring your words.

你话都说不清楚了

I'm good.

我很好

I think we should cancel.

还是取消吧

I'm gonna do the interview.

我要接受采访

Just give me the talking points.

给我谈话要点就行

Sorry.

抱歉

Sorry. I...

抱歉,我

It's all right.

没关系

The couch had a spring in it or something, and my back...

沙发床里有个弹簧还是什么,我的背

No.

没事

It's all right.

没关系

I don't mind.

我不介意

Sir, I heard from my friend.

先生,我朋友来消息了

Missing persons.

失踪人口那个

And?

然后呢

She's in New York. What hotel?

她在纽约,哪家酒店

Not a hotel, sir.

没住酒店,先生

So she's not alone.

她没自己住

No, sir.

是的,先生

Adam Galloway?

亚当·嘉乐威吗

Yes, sir.

是的,先生

I have more information.

还有别的消息

I don't need to know.

我不想知道

Turn on 1160 A.M.

调到调幅1160

He's running to fill Jim Matthews' old post as Governor of Pennsylvania.

他正在竞选接替吉姆·马修斯做宾州州长

Glad to have you with us, sir.

很高兴你能来作客,先生

It's good to be here, Jim.

我很高兴,吉姆

It's mark. Sorry. Right. Mark.

这是马克,抱歉,马克

That's okay, Congressman.

没事,议员先生

It happens all the time this early in the morning.

这么早难免有点犯糊涂

So, Congressman, the watershed act.

议员先生,流域法案

Yes. Uh, I'm ashamed of the...

是啊,我为此感到羞愧

well, I'm not ashamed. That's not the right, um...

不,我并不感到羞愧,不对

I'm disappointed, um, because, you know,

我很失望,因为

the water...

流...

It's, um... it's... actually, what I'd like to discuss is...

就是,其实我想说的是...

we all know that natural gas...

大家都知道我们州的...

that it's... it's a growing... uh, in our state...

天然气一直...在发展

it's a... it's a big part of, um...

它是经济的...

economically, the way things are going.

重要部分...就目前情况而言

And I'd like to say... to announce...

我想说...想宣布

in terms of, um...

就某些方面

Are you familiar with drilling regulations...

你熟悉开采条例吗

permitted use versus conditional use?

开放使用和限制使用的

Are we still talking about the watershed?

我们是在说流域法案吗

No. Drilling. Natural gas.

不,开采,天然气

Sir, you supported increased regulation.

先生,你之前支持加大监管啊

Well, no. I... I...

不,我...

it may have looked that way, but, uh,

可能看起来是这样,但...

in fact, to be clear, I'm for less...

事实上,其实我是赞成少些...

regulation.

监管的

Yes, sir.

好的,先生

In the watershed bill, the language clearly stated...

但流域法案中,清楚表明...

It didn't pass.

但它没通过

Well, right. That's what I'm asking about.

没错,这就是我的问题

What about it? Why it didn't pass?

什么意思,它为什么没通过

I just said.

我刚说了

No, sir. I don't think you did.

不,先生,我认为你没有

It just didn't.

它就是没通过

Sir, three days ago, you predicted...

先生,三天前,你预测说...

I'm talking about fucking natural gas.

我在说他妈的天然气

I'm sorry.

对不起

Congressman, I have to ask you a question,

议员先生,我得问你一个问题

and it may come across as indelicate,

可能会有点唐突

but are you drunk right now?

你是不是喝醉了

What? No. No. I'm fine. I'm fine.

什么,没有,没有,我没事,没事

I'm just... I'm really tired, you know?

我只是...很累

I've been on the campaign trail for a few weeks now,

我忙了几周的竞选活动了

Congressman?

议员先生

Congressman? Congressman?

议员先生,议员先生

It's my fault.

都是我的错

I shouldn't have let you.

我不该让你做的

I'm fucked.

我完蛋了

Okay. Listen. We sober you up.

听着,我们先帮你醒酒

We'll make some kind of announcement as soon as possible.

再尽快发表个声明

There's nothing I can say.

说什么都没用了

We'll figure this out.

我们会想出对策的

Come on.

起来

You're gonna take a shower.

去冲个澡

Come on.

来吧

There you go. Come on.

这就对了,来吧

How bad is it?

有多糟

It all depends on whether

关键要看

it gets picked up by the mainstream press.

主流媒体会不会报道

Well, shall I fill in the president? No. Hold off on that.

那要告诉总统吗,不用,先别说

I need to speak to Peter, coordinate with his campaign.

我要和彼得谈一谈,协调一下他的竞选

You'll be the first call I make.

完事了第一个打给你

Frank, before you go,

弗兰克,先别挂

I got an email this morning.

我早上收到一封电邮

Stanford reversed their decision.

斯坦福改变了决定

That's wonderful.

太好了

The Provo said Gillian Cole reached out to him.

教务长说吉莉安?科尔跟他打了招呼

I googled her. She works for Claire.

我上网查了,她为克莱尔工作

Thank you. No reason to thank me.

谢谢你,不用谢我

Ruben was just ecstatic.

鲁本高兴极了

I don't know how I'm gonna repay you.

我都不知道该怎么报答你

The fact that your son is happy is more than enough.

你儿子高兴就够了

You'll keep me posted on Peter? You bet.

彼得那边你随时通知我,当然

Okay.

好的

Hey, boss.

先生

Are you still with him? Yeah.

你还和他在一块吗,是的

He's taking a shower. How're we looking?

他在冲澡,情况怎么样

Zoe Barnes posted ten minutes ago.

十分钟前佐伊·巴恩斯在网上曝光

It's already on the New York times web site.

《纽约时报》官网已经报道了

The kid is done.

这孩子完了

Have Nancy set up a meeting with the Vice President.

让南茜安排跟副总统会面

Today if possible. Will do.

最好今天,就去办

And keep an eye on Peter. He's done his duty.

留心彼得,他该做的都做了

Let's get him back on his feet. You got it.

让他重新振作起来,没问题

And now Jim Matthews comes to the fore,

现在轮到吉姆·马修斯出场了

though he doesn't know it yet.

不过他自己还不知道呢

He will find solace in his beloved Pennsylvania,

他会在他心爱的宾州找到慰藉

though Peter Russo will find solace nowhere.

而彼得·罗素则没那么幸运

It only takes ten seconds to crush a man's ambitions.

十秒钟就足以摧毁一个人的雄心

I need to take care that I protect mine.

我得小心保护自己的雄心

Peter.

彼得

Peter!

彼得

Peter?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/zpwdy/507054.html