纸牌屋第二季 第12集:雷蒙德受调查(在线收听

You're parsing the law.

你讲的是法律

And I'm talking about a spiritual code.

我讲的则是精神层面的法则

Confidentiality is a covenant.

保密协议是一份契约

Not only between myself and those I counsel,

不仅在我和接受我咨询的人之间成立

but also between myself and the Lord.

在我自己和上帝之间也成立

Dr. Larkin, my chief focus here is the money laundering.

拉金博士,我现在重点关注的是洗钱案

If the President brought up Xander Feng,

如果总统先生提到过冯山德

Raymond Tusk, the Adohi Casino

雷蒙德·塔斯克,还有阿道希赌场

It doesn't matter what the focus is.

不管重点是什么

I can't share anything we discussed privately.

我都不能向你透露私人谈话的内容

Religious guidance is protected.

宗教指导受法律保护

But you were also conducting professional therapy.

但你也提供专业的心理咨询

I never claimed that.

这我从未承认过

Mr. And Mrs. Keith confirmed as much.

基斯先生及太太已经证实了

We were at their house.

我们是去了他们家

But they didn't participate in any of our conversations.

但他们并没有参与谈话

So how would they know?

他们又怎么可能知道

So you're saying you only gave religious counsel?

你是说你只提供宗教咨询吗

That's how I choose to interpret it.

这是我对我工作的理解

The President and his wife have never once attended your church.

总统夫妇从没去过你的教堂

They're not even the same denomination.

甚至都和你不是一个教派的

Irrelevant.

无关紧要

Not legally speaking.

法律上可紧要得很

I'm certain I can convince a judge to issue a subpoena

我绝对能说服法官发传票给你

on the grounds that you weren't their legitimate spiritual advisor.

因为你并非总统夫妇正式的宗教导师

Which is your prerogative.

那是你的特权

But I can appeal. And I would.

但我会上诉,我肯定会

You'd lose.

那你一定败诉

The only circumstance by which I would talk

除非对方放弃保密权利

is if someone personally waived their privilege.

我绝不会回答你的问题

Otherwise I'd rather face contempt of court.

否则我宁可被判蔑视法庭

It's a matter of ethics.

这事关道德

Mr. President. Ah, you brought it back in.

总统先生,你又把沙袋挪回来了

Floyd Mayweather visited the White House this morning.

弗洛伊德·梅威瑟(著名拳击手)今早来白宫参观

I thought he'd get a kick out of it.

我觉得他看见这个肯定很兴奋

Did he have a go at it?

他没打几拳

He threw a combination I thought would bust the stitching loose.

他打了套组合拳,我都担心把沙袋打爆了

Well, that must have been a treat to watch.

那场面一定很好看

He was telling me it's not just about the power.

他告诉我,这不仅仅是力量的问题

Plenty of boxers are more powerful than he is.

比他更有力量的拳手不少

No, it's his tactics, his precision, his speed.

关键是他的战术,他的准头和速度

Most important? His counter punch.

最重要的一点,就是他的反击

He dances and dodges and then picks the perfect moment to strike.

他躲闪腾挪,选择最完美的时机一拳制胜

Does that sound familiar?

听着耳熟吗

How do you mean, sir?

什么意思,先生

You gave this to me as a gesture of friendship.

你送我这个沙袋,作为友谊的表示

When I look at this now, I don't see friendship.

但我现在看着它,却感受不到友谊

I see calculation.

我看到的是算计

You set me up, Frank.

你算计我,弗兰克

What?

什么

Your back channeling. The special prosecutor.

你的私下接触,还有特别检察官

When I think about Raymond, about Linda, about Jim Matthews...

再想想雷蒙德,琳达,还有吉姆·马修斯

You are wrong, sir.

你想错了,先生

Questions from Dunbar about the marriage counseling.

这是邓巴就婚姻咨询问的问题

"It's a needle in the haystack she's not trying to find."

"那是大海里的一根针,还不是邓巴要找的那根"

That's what you said. Well, she found the needle.

这是你的原话,她还真就捞着了

I am shocked, sir. I I never

我非常震惊,我绝没

Like hell you are. You want to deminish me.

你震惊才怪,你想削弱我的权威

Diminish you?

削弱你的权威

Laying the groundwork for a challenge in 2016.

为你2016年挑战我打基础

I am sorry to have to say this, sir, but you are being ludicrous.

恕我无礼,但你这论调太荒唐了

Do you really think I'm so blind?

你真以为我瞎了吗

A vice president has never challenged a sitting president.

从没有哪个副总统挑战过在位总统

You've climbed the ladder doing things other men would never do.

你往上爬的过程中已经做过不少别人不会做的事了

Always in service to you and the party.

全都是为了服务于你和本党的利益

It was you idea to hand over those logs.

交出行程记录是你的主意

You connected the White House to China, the casino --

是你让白宫和中国扯上了关系,还有赌场

Raymond Tusk entangled us with China and the casino.

是雷蒙德·塔斯克让我们与中国和赌场扯上了关系

And if I hadn't intervened --

要不是我及时干预

You can't dodge and duck like Floyd. I've learned your moves now.

你没有弗洛伊德那套腾挪的本事,我识破你了

This office breeds paranoia. Don't give into it, sir.

当了总统就易多疑,你别这样,先生

I'd ask for your resignation if it wouldn't make things worse.

要不是会引人非议,我就会要求你辞职了

But from this moment forward, I don't want to hear your voice,

但从此刻开始,我不想听你的任何建议

I don't want to see your face.

也不想看见你

And if I do, I will put you on your god damn back.

再让我看见你,我就让你吃不了兜着走

Exile. I've managed to isolate the president from everyone.

我被驱逐了,我成功将总统和其他人隔开

Including myself.

包括我自己

"Congresswoman Sharp is a perfect example "

夏普女众议员淋漓尽致地展现了

of how the military brainwashes us

军方是如何将我们洗脑

into never questioning the party line.

从而绝对服从党派路线的

Her opposition to the bill is disgraceful.

她对法案的反对是可耻的

It will cost thousands of men and women

这会使数以千计的男性和女性

the justice they deserve,

得不到他们应得的公正

and some of them their lives."

甚至会毁掉一些人的生活"

Those are Megan Hennessey's words. They're biased.

这都是梅根·汉纳希的话,他们有失公正

They're Claire's words. Hennessey's just the mouthpiece.

这是克莱尔教她说的,汉纳希不过是传声筒

Why does it say here that I declined to comment?

为什么文中还说我拒绝置评

You said you didn't want to kick up dust if we could avoid it.

你说过,会惹麻烦的事能躲就躲

It's the New York fucking Times. You should've let me know.

这是《纽约时代杂志》 你应该告诉我的

That was my call. I'll take the blame.

是我的决定,我承担责任

Find out when Hennessey's next appearance is.

查明汉纳希接下来会在哪里出现

I'm gonna beat this bitch down.

我要搞垮这个婊子

I know she went after you, but going after her is

我知道她针对你,但是针对她的话...

Not her. Claire Underwood.

不是她,是克莱尔·安德伍德

I understand how Garrett might misconstrue things,

我知道加勒特可能会产生误解

given the pressure he's under.

毕竟现在他压力很大

But you can't honestly believe it yourself.

但你肯定不会相信吧

I don't know what to believe anymore.

我已经不知道该相信什么了

Francis is devastated. All he wants to do is help,

弗兰西斯非常沮丧,他只是想帮忙

but he feels like he's being unfairly accused.

但他觉得自己受到了冤枉

I don't want to believe it, Claire, but Garrett is convinced.

我也不想相信,克莱尔,但加勒特确信不疑

Will you talk to him?

你能跟他谈谈吗

I have to concentrate on keeping my family together right now.

我现在得集中精力维护我的家庭

Not getting into arguments over --

而不是跟他争吵关于...

If Francis were really up to something,

如果弗兰西斯真有什么图谋

don't you think he would have told Dunbar about the therapy?

那他怎么不直接把咨询的事告诉邓巴

He basically did by forcing us to hand over the logs.

他逼我们交出记录就等于那么做了

Your husband chose to hand them over.

那是你丈夫的决定

If he'd said no, Francis wouldn't have pressed the issue.

如果他拒绝,弗兰西斯是不会逼他的

I don't want to debate this with you, Claire.

我不想跟你争这个,克莱尔

All I'm asking is that you really think this through, Tricia.

我只求你好好想想这件事,特莉莎

Is he with you right now?

他现在跟你在一起吗

Who?

Frank.

弗兰克

No. It's just you and me.

不,只有我和你

I want to get off the phone.

我要挂电话了

Will you please talk to Garrett?

拜托你跟加勒特谈谈好吗

Goodbye, Claire.

再见,克莱尔

What do you think?

你怎么看

I don't think she's going to side with me instead of her husband.

我不觉得她会抛开丈夫站在我这边

Did Tricia tell anyone else about the Xanax besides you?

除了跟你,特莉莎还跟别人说过阿普唑仑的事吗

I doubt she would. She's very sensitive about it.

应该没有,她对此非常敏感

If she'd only told someone else, then we could just leak it.

她要是跟别人说过,我们就可以把消息传出去

But it'll be too obvious.

但是这太明显了

The doctor.

医生

He's protecting them. He won't say anything.

他在保护他们,他什么都不会说的

Unless they waive the privilege.

除非他们放弃保密特权

They have absolutely nothing to gain by that.

那对他们可没有好处

But we do.

但是对我们有

You have to meet with Tusk.

你得去见塔斯克

Why would he talk to me after I back-stabbed him?

我背叛了他,他为什么还要见我

That's precisely why he'll talk to you.

正因为如此他才会见你

Well, I can't go to St. Louis. You know --

我不能去圣路易斯,你知道的...

Tusk will come east. Your job is to get in the same room with him.

塔斯克会来东部,你要做的就是找到他

What's the play? Remy Danton.

什么计划, 雷米·丹顿

Go. Get me Durant, in person.

去,让杜兰特来找我

I'll set it up.

我来安排

And Doug? Let's make sure we're airtight on everything else.

道格,一定确保其他方面我们万无一失

No Achilles heel.

不能有软肋

Yes, sir.

是,先生

"Cry, 'Havoc,'" Said he who fought chaos with chaos,

"灾难来临了" 用混乱对抗混乱的人说

"And let slip the dogs of war."

"让我们释放战争恶魔"

Missed appointments. No contact in weeks. You know the rules.

失约,数周不联络,你知道规矩

I'd like to speak to Agent Green, please.

我要跟格林特工谈

What are you up to?

你想干什么

Put Green on the fucking line, please.

给格林打电话

Anything you have to say, you can discuss it with me.

不管你想说什么,都可以跟我说

What I have to say is way above your pay grade.

我要说的事远远超出了你的级别

Where do I turn off this shit?

我怎么关掉这破玩意

Look at the other screen, to the left.

看看左边的那块屏幕

What is this?

这是什么

That is the access grid to all eight of AT&T's data centers.

这是美国电话电报公司八个数据中心的访问网格

So what do you say you un-cuff me

所以你还是解开手铐

and tell Agent Green I'll be waiting for his call?

然后告诉格林特工我在等他的电话吧

I'm trying to repair relations with China.

我正在试图修复与中国的关系

Giving Feng asylum would be a slap in the face.

给冯政治庇护就是一记耳光

Garrett's in trouble. He needs to appear resolute.

加勒特有麻烦,他得表现出决心

We're only as strong as the president we serve.

我们的总统有多强,我们就有多强

We have to rescue him.

我们必须拯救他

How can you be sure his testimony won't implicate the White House?

你怎么能确定他的证词不会扯上白宫

He knows where his bread is buttered.

他知道谁有奶,谁是娘

This isn't about you saving the president.

你这不是要拯救总统

Of course it is. We've been down this road before, Frank.

当然是, 这不是第一次了,弗兰克

Michael Kern, Adam Galloway.

迈克尔·科恩,亚当·嘉乐威

I wanted to become secretary of state

我想当国务卿

in order to engage in productive diplomacy,

是为了进行有成效的外交

not full-time damage control.

而不是全职损失控制

Which is why we have to put Garrett back on his feet.

所以我们要让加勒特回到正轨

You want him on his ass, Frank.

你是想让他脱轨吧,弗兰克

Is this what the president told you?

是总统这么跟你说的吗

He's paranoid, Cathy.

他现在太多疑了,凯茜

He's trying to turn people against me.

他想让大家跟我反目

You're turning them against yourself.

是你自己的行为让大家跟你反目

You're asking me to undermine the president.

你在要求我坑害总统

All right.

好吧

Let's say that what the President has accused me of is true.

假如总统对我的指责属实

Would that be so bad? If taken to its conclusion?

这就真的很糟吗,考虑一下这么做的结果

Wouldn't you stand to benefit?

对你没有好处吗

Wouldn't the country?

对国家没有好处吗

I don't want anything to do with this.

我不想牵扯进去

Just one more time, Cathy.

就再做一次,凯茜

Let's unshackle ourselves.

别去管那些条条框框

This is a one-time offer, Mr. Feng.

机会只有一次,冯先生

I would need it in writing. Open-ended, no restrictions.

我要白纸黑字写下来,不加任何条件

The same goes for legal immunity.

法定豁免权也是一样

First I need to know whether or not

首先我要确认

you funneled money through Lanagin's casino.

你是否通过拉尼根的赌场洗钱

No, no. I will speak freely once I've arrived safely

不,等我安全抵达美国

in the United States.

我才会全盘托出

Unless you provide valuable evidence now,

除非你现在就能提供确凿证据

the attorney general will not grant immunity on any level.

司法部长不会答应任何豁免权

I've denied these allegations in China.

我在中国已经全部否认了这些指控

My enemies want me dead.

我的敌人想置我于死地

You're asking me to give them confirmation.

你这是逼我给他们证据

And we're giving you safe haven in return.

作为回报,我们会给你提供避难所

I already have safe haven in Dubai.

我在迪拜已经有避难所了

Your asylum there is only temporary.

你在那里的庇护所只是暂时的

We're offering you permanent status.

我们给你提供的是永久身份

I'm confident that they will grant me permanent status.

我相信他们也会给我永久身份

Did you hear that directly from the Minister of Foreign Affairs?

是外交部长亲口跟你说的吗

Because I just spoke to him.

因为我刚跟他谈过

Right now you are a man without a passport.

现在你连护照都没有

Whatever assets Beijing hasn't seized are frozen

北京方面还没查封的资产

in every country with close ties to the United Sates or China,

也都被所有和中美关系紧密的国家冻结了

which is just about every country in the world.

基本上是全世界所有国家

You want your freedom and fortune. We want information.

你想要自由和金钱,我们想要信息

Mr. Feng?

冯先生

What do you need to know?

你想知道什么

Confirm for me the existence of a money-laundering scheme.

向我证实确实有洗钱行为

Yes. We used the casino to mask foreign contributions.

是的,我们用赌场来掩饰外资流入

All right.

好的

One of you want to tell me what this is all about?

你们中谁跟我讲讲这是怎么回事

You have to comply.

你必须得遵从

You mean I have to show up.

你是说我得出席

Unless we appeal.

除非我们上诉

We'd lose.

我们会输

She wouldn't have issued the subpoena

她要不是证据确凿

unless she had something substantial.

也不会传唤我

I agree.

我同意

Which is why I think you should go

这就是为什么我觉得你该去

and plead the Fifth.

并拒不解释

What do you think she has?

你觉得她手上有什么

I don't want to speculate.

我不想妄加推断

God damn it, I pay the six of you more in one day

老天,我付给你们六个一天的钱

than it costs to put a kid through college.

比供个孩子上大学都多

And I pay you to know more than I do.

我请你们是要你们比我知道得多

Her line of questioning will tell us a lot.

她问询时说的对我们会很有帮助

We can use that to prepare our defense in case there's an indictment.

万一她真要提出指控,我们可以据此准备辩护

When do I have to go?

我什么时候走

Your interview is the day after next.

你的会面是在后天

48 hours?

48小时

Having trouble starting it?

发动不了吗

Yeah. I think the battery might be dead.

是的,可能电池没电了吧

I have some cables if you want to try and jump it.

如果你想试试跨接启动,我有电线

You sure you don't mind?

这真的不麻烦吗

Not at all.

一点也不

All right. It's really nice of you.

好吧,你真是太好了

Pop your hood. I'll bring my car around.

开引擎盖,我把我车开过来

Sure.

This is Peter. He's the guy who drove me back.

这位是彼得,他开车送我回来的

Where do you want these?

这些要放哪

I'll take 'em. Thanks.

我来拿,谢谢

Rachel, right?

瑞秋,是吗

Yeah.

是的

Lisa said you two were roommates.

丽萨说你俩是室友

Can I get you something? A glass of water?

要我给你拿点什么,来杯水吗

No, thanks. I should really get going.

不用,谢谢,我得走了

All right. I can't thank you enough.

好吧,太谢谢你了

My pleasure. Good luck with the car.

不客气,希望车能修好

Thanks.

谢谢

I hope it's only a dead battery. Have a good night.

希望只是电池没电,晚安

We should give him some money.

我们应该给他些钱

Peter.

彼得

She needs to be gone.

她得离开

Y-- you told me she could stay.

你跟我说她可以留下的

I changed my mind.

我改主意了

But you said you didn't care if she was here --

你说你不在乎她在不在这儿

I don't need to explain myself.

我不需要解释什么

You can't stand it, can you?

你受不了了,是吗

The idea that I might actually love somebody.

受不了我爱上了别人

That I might have somebody in my life who isn't you.

受不了我生命中除了你还有别人

If you care about her, make it happen, Rachel.

如果你在乎她,就让她走,瑞秋

Is everything okay?

没事吧

Yeah. You need to tell your friend that I won't take any money.

没事,告诉你朋友我不会要钱的

I was happy to do it.

我很乐意帮忙

We all need a good Samaritan every now and again.

我们都需要好心人帮忙

Did you feel justice was served

麦金尼斯将军被判处

when General McGinnis got sentenced to 40 years?

四十年有期徒刑时,你觉得正义得到伸张了吗

Yes, as far as his crimes go.

就他的罪行而言,正义是得以伸张了

But not for thousands of servicemen and --

但还有成千的服役士兵没有...

I'm -I'm sor-I'm sorry to interrupt.

抱歉,抱歉打断你的讲话

m-- my producer is telling me that,

我的制作人告诉我

Jacqueline Sharp has called in,

杰奎琳·夏普刚打电话来

the house majority whip. C-- congresswoman, are you there?

众议院多数党党鞭,议员女士,您在吗

Yes, I'm here, Chris. And thank you for taking my call.

是的,我在,克里斯,谢谢你接我的电话

Thank you.

谢谢你

Hello, Megan.

你好,梅根

Congresswoman.

议员女士

First of all, as a veteran like yourself,

首先,作为一名老兵

I want to thank you for your service to our country.

我想感谢你对国家的贡献

Duty doesn't require thanks.

这是责任,无需感谢

I'm glad you brought up duty,

我很高兴你提到责任这个话题

because you recently equated it with brainwashing.

因为你最近将它称之为洗脑

That's not what I meant.

那不是我的本意

You said "Toeing the party line."

你说"紧跟党派路线"

What I meant was that the culture and the system is one that --

我的本意是文化和体系是...

I didn't call to argue with you, Megan.

我不是打电话来和你辩论的,梅根

The opposite.

恰恰相反

We can't fix this problem until we find some common ground.

我们要解决这个问题,就必须找到共同点

Wouldn't you agree?

你不觉得吗

There is no middle ground as far as I'm concerned.

就我来看这个问题没有妥协空间

The military needs to change --

军队需要改变

Can't we agree that you and I served

你和我都曾经在军中服役

so that we could protect open debate,

以保护人民自由辩论的权利

which is the very bedrock of democracy?

而这正是民主的基础,你说不是吗

Yes, in theory, but that's not what I'm talking about.

理论上是的,但这不是我要说的

Not in theory. In reality.

不是理论上,是实际上

Brave men and women die fighting for that freedom.

勇敢的人为了这份自由不惜牺牲生命

The meaning of bravery is fighting for the freedom

勇敢的涵义就是为那些和你意见相左的人

of those with whom you disagree.

也同样享有自由而战斗

Sure, but let's get back to the issue here.

当然,但我们回到真正的话题上来好吗

What I don't think is brave is Claire Underwood

我认为不勇敢的人是克莱尔·安德伍德

dodging this debate and having you fight this battle for her instead.

逃避这场辩论,找你替她进行这场斗争

That's not true.

不是这样的

Then why am I talking to you instead of her? It's her bill.

那我为什么在和你而不是她谈话,这是她的法案

It's not just hers. It's all of ours.

不只是她,是我们共同的成果

Except one of you is brave enough to say it,

可是你勇敢地说出来了

and the other is a coward.

而她却是个懦夫

Mrs. Underwood was brave enough

安德伍德夫人勇敢地

to go on national television and admit that she

在全国性电视节目上承认她

Yeah, and where has she been since then?

没错,但那之后她去哪了

Deflecting scandal and hiding from the press.

应付丑闻,躲避媒体

You called me disgraceful in The New York Times, Megan,

梅根,你在《纽约时代杂志》上说我可耻

and you have every right.

你当然有这个权利

But I also have the right to say that Mrs. Underwood is disgraceful,

但我也有权说,安德伍德夫人是可耻的

because there is nothing

因为没有什么

more disgraceful than running from a battle.

比当逃兵更可耻

Megan? That is -- we're not even...

梅根,我们根本没有

We'll be right back.

我们马上回来

Where are you going?

你要去哪

To the Capitol.

去国会

Did Feng mention either me or the president?

冯提到我或总统了吗

Dunbar wouldn't say.

邓巴不肯说

But the fact that Feng confirmed the money laundering

但冯确认了洗钱行为

increases focus on the White House.

这足以让白宫更受关注

Well, as long as we're innocent, which we are.

反正我们是清白的

Raymond Tusk has been subpoenaed.

雷蒙德·塔斯克被传唤了

Why did you ask for this meeting, Bill?

你为什么找我们见面,比尔

Just keeping us in the loop?

就为了向我们通报消息吗

Did you encourage Secretary Durant to offer Feng asylum?

是你让国务卿杜兰特给予冯政治庇护吗

Bill, for god sakes.

比尔,我的天呐

The president could have asked me that question himself.

总统也可能问我这个问题

As the White House counsel, it is my responsibility --

作为白宫顾问,这是我的责任

No, I did not.

不,我没有

So you're saying Durant acted of her own accord.

那么这是杜兰特自己的主意喽

I have no idea what her motivations were.

我不知道她的动机是什么

I'm just as shocked as the president

我和总统一样感到震惊

that she would have gone through with this without his direct approval.

她居然没经过他本人允许就擅自而为了

There's another matter I'd like to discuss.

还有一个问题我想和你谈谈

Privately, if we could.

如果可以,最好只跟你谈

Just give us a few moments.

让我们单独待会儿

The therapy.Yes.

咨询, 是的

To be specific, the confidentiality waiver.

具体说,就是放弃保密权

Feng's testimony puts us in a very awkward position.

冯的证词把我们推到一个非常尴尬的位置上

We're under a great deal of pressure to waive the privilege.

我们现在面对放弃保密权的极大压力

If we don't, it implies that the president

如果不放弃,就相当于总统

may have confessed to things he didn't.

承认了他没做过的事

Dunbar is just grasping. Don't give in.

邓巴只是在瞎猜,别让步

I don't want to.

我不想让步

But Larkin's argument for spiritual confidentiality is shaky at best.

但拉金宗教指导保密协议的说法并不可靠

We want to control how this thing plays out.

我们想控制事态的发展

How can I help?

我能帮什么忙

We need to know if anyone else might pop out of the woodwork.

我们要确保不会再节外生枝

Well, I haven't mentioned it to anyone, and neither has Claire.

我没对任何人说过,克莱尔也没说过

I would never betray the president's trust like that.

我不会辜负总统对我的信任

Thank you for your time.

谢谢你抽出时间

Tell the president it saddens me that

告诉总统,我非常难过

we now have to communicate through lawyers.

我们现在只能通过律师交流

I will make myself available

要是他想亲自

if he wants to discuss any of this in person.

和我谈谈,我会抽出时间的

Yes, sir.

好的,先生

What Megan said was offensive.

梅根的话太过分了

She shouldn't have questioned your character.

她不该质疑你的品行

Those were talking points. Carefully crafted, and not by her.

那都是精心准备的谈话要点,而且不是她准备的

I'm not here to pick a fight, Jackie. I'm here to end one.

我不是来挑衅的,杰姬,我是来解决问题的

Well, it'll end soon enough when the bill goes to the floor.

只要法案进行投票,这事就会结束

It won't go to the floor.

不会进行投票的

I've spoken to Elaine Brooks and I'm withdrawing the bill.

我跟艾琳·布鲁克斯谈过了,我要撤销法案

What you said had some truth.

你说的有一定道理

And early on you offered

之前你提出

to sit down with me and find a middle ground.

我们一起找个折中的办法

I decided to draw a line in the sand.

我那时拒绝了你

And the braver thing would've been for me

但勇敢的做法应该是

to swallow my pride and sit down with you.

收起我的骄傲,跟你好好谈

If you're still open to that, I'd love to start over.

如果你还愿谈,我想重新开始

Are you and Frank up to something?

你和弗兰克在打什么主意吗

A passable bill.

一项能通过的法案

He had Nancy spy on me. He brought my personal life into --

他让南茜监视我,他把我的个人生活搞得

Francis is used to getting his way.

弗兰西斯习惯了事事得逞

And he'll do anything to make sure he does,

他会不惜一切确保成功

especially if it's something important to me.

尤其是对我重要的事

I don't know, Claire. I'm skeptical.

我不知道,克莱尔,我很怀疑

We're deeply sorry for the way we've treated you

之前那样对待你,我们深表歉意

and we want to rebuild the trust we've lost.

我们想重拾失去的信任

Do you think that's possible?

你觉得这可能吗

I'm sorry to ambush you. I tried calling.

很抱歉突然这么来了,我打过电话

You can't do this to me, Claire.

你不能这么对我,克莱尔

I was very clear that I have to respect Garrett's wishes --

我说得很清楚,我必须尊重加勒特的意愿

Not that. The sexual assault bill.

不是那个,是性侵犯法案

It's not going to a vote.

不会进行投票了

Did the speaker remove it from the docket?

议长从日程中删除了吗

No. I did. I just spoke to Jackie.

不,是我撤掉了,我刚跟杰姬谈过

This is because of what she said about you?

是因为她那样说你吗

My main concern is that she doesn't come after you next.

我主要是担心她接下来会不会对付你

Not while you and Garrett are going through the investigation.

你和加勒特接受调查期间绝不能发生这种事

I thought you should be aware

我想来告诉你

because I know how much this bill meant to you.

因为我知道这项法案对你有多重要

All the work you've put in.

你为法案投入了那么多

That we've put in. But we'll pass Jackie's version,

我们都投入过,但我们要通过杰姬的法案

take this baby step, and build on it.

迈出这一小步,循序渐进

I'm disappointed about the bill,

法案的事我很失望

but I have to say, I'm relieved.

但不得不说,我松了口气

How are you holding up?

你还好吧

Did you hear what Catherine did? Giving Feng asylum?

你听说凯瑟琳做了什么吗,许诺冯政治避难

Inexcusable.

不可原谅

Garrett's beside himself. He feels cornered,

加勒特气疯了,他觉得走投无路

like we have no choice but to waive the privileges now.

这下我们除了放弃保密权别无选择

But what about the medication?

药物的事呢

I know. I shouldn't be sharing this.

可不是啊,我不该说的

We don't have to talk about it. You should go.

不说了,你该走了

I know you have a packed schedule.

我知道你日程排得很满

Thank you for doing this.

谢谢你这么做

All I had to do was get her alone in a hallway.

我只是在走廊里单独找上了她

I meant with Jackie.

我是说杰姬那边

We have our priorities.

我们要分清轻重缓急

Well, I know it isn't easy to let go of something like that.

我知道做这样的放弃并不容易

Promise me something.

答应我一件事

Anything.

你说吧

I can't live in this house alone.

我不能一个人住在这房子里

I'm not going anywhere.

我哪也不去

You say that, but this could all backfire.

你是这么说,但这事可能事与愿违

Raymond will plead the Fifth.

雷蒙德肯定会拒不解释

If he names me, it's an admission of his own wrongdoing.

如果他提到我,便是承认有罪了

I'm more worried about Garrett.

我更担心加勒特

You've made a powerful enemy.

你制造了一个有力的对手

We're stronger than they are.

我们比他们强

And he's still the president.

可他仍然是总统

I promise you, of all of the sacrifices that you've had to make,

我向你保证,你被迫做出的一切牺牲之中

divorcing a convict will not be one of them.

绝不会包括与一名罪犯离婚

We can't waive the privileges, Garrett.

我们不能放弃保密权,加勒特

Well, we don't have a choice anymore. Feng confirmed the money.

我们没别的选择了,冯承认了那笔钱

Over the phone. Not in a formal interview.

在电话上承认的,不是当面正式承认的

Rescind the asylum. Send him back --

解除对他的庇护,送他回去

Obstruction of justice.

妨碍司法公正

Is that what Galich said?

嘉利克这么说的吗

Definitely how it would be perceived.

别人肯定会这么想

And anything we do that looks like a failure to cooperate

我们任何不配合调查的举动

amplifies that perception.

都会加重他们的猜疑

I just don't want our marriage put on display.

我只是不想公开我们的婚姻问题

Look, Dunbar'll ask if I brought up China. I didn't.

邓巴会问我是否提及过中国,我没有

So Larkin can only help to exonerate me.

拉金能证明我的清白

And if the marriage counseling ends up in the report, so be it.

如果婚姻咨询最终进入报告,也无所谓

We can survive that.

我们能渡过这个难关

But he prescribed us medication.

但他给我们开了处方药

Technically not us.

不算是我们

You took mine, Garrett.

你在吃我的药,加勒特

Larkin wrote the prescription to me knowing you would.

拉金知道你会吃才给我开的药

Wait, wait, have you mentioned it? The medication?

等等,你提过了,处方药的事

Claire?

跟克莱尔吗

I'm sorry. But she's the only person I can talk to

对不起,我只能跟她倾诉

who really understands what it's like

只有她能理解

Oh, all the more reason we have to waive the privilege.

那我们更要放弃保密权了

If they leak this, we can't control the information.

如果他们泄露出去,就由不得我们做主了

Claire wouldn't do that.

克莱尔不会那么做的

Don't underestimate her.

不要小看她

If they were going to, don't you think they would have done it by now?

他们要是真准备这么做,现在不早做了

She dropped the sexual assault bill to reduce pressure on us.

她为了减少我们的负担,放弃了性侵法案

That may have been what she told you.

她也许是这么跟你说的

They're not going to say anything.

他们什么都不会说的

I'm begging you, Garrett.

我求你了,加勒特

Don't waive the privilege.

不要放弃保密权

The things we talked about were so intimate.

我们谈论的事太私密了

Imagine if the kids

如果孩子们看到

I know. But Tricia

我知道,但是特莉莎

When we ran,

我们竞选的时候

I knew every aspect of our lives would be under scrutiny.

我知道我们的生活将被人仔细审视

But I thought we could protect at least this.

但我觉得我们至少还能保护这个

What happens in here.

发生在这里的事

I'll protect us. Whatever I have to do.

我会不惜一切保护我们

You have to believe that.

你要相信我

We checked the USB dongle.

我们检查了USB软件狗

The code you're claiming infected the data center isn't there.

你声称感染了信息中心的代码不在里面

I programmed the code to self-erase as soon as it hit the server.

我设计那段代码一到达服务器便自我删除

It was gone before Lucas was in cuffs.

在卢卡斯被捕之前就不见了

You don't believe me?

你信不过我

This is one of the most sophisticated firewalls in the world.

这可是世上最复杂的防火墙之一

Even if your code did get in there, you couldn't break it down.

就算真的进去了,也破坏不了

Your wife uses AT&T.

你妻子手机的运营商就是他们公司

So does her lover.

她情人也是

What?

什么

She's over there right now. Jonathan Kemp.

她现在就在那儿,乔纳森·坎普

It's her chiropractor, right?

她的脊椎按摩师,对吗

Want to see their texts to each other?

想看看他们互发的短信吗

No.

不想

Oh, I see you already know.

看来你早就知道了

I don't blame you for not making a fuss,

我理解你不想把事情闹大

what with the kids still at home.

毕竟孩子们还在家里

But you walked my code right through that door.

但你让我的代码进了那扇门

Into 32 million people's phones.

进入了三千两百万人的手机里

And that's on you.

这都怪你

And it's on the FBI. And it is a shit-storm

联调局也罪责难逃,这会闹得很难看

that will bring the Bureau right in front of Congress.

让联调局面临国会的调查

So you tell me: How much is making that disappear worth?

所以你告诉我,平息这一切要多大代价

You have a hundred years hanging over your head.

你面临一百年的监禁

Extorting the FBI won't help you.

敲诈联调局对你没好处

Did Douglas Stamper tell you to set up Lucas Goodwin?

是道格拉斯·斯坦普让你陷害卢卡斯·古德温的吗

Counter-Terrorism Director.

反恐主管

That's a big step up from White House Liaison.

跟白宫联络官相比真是一步登天

I think you had a helping hand. Not true.

我认为你背后有推手, 胡说

Keep lying. Meanwhile, here's what I want.

继续编,但以下是我的要求

One, I'm no longer your bitch.

第一,我不再是你的走狗了

Two, all of my charges are dropped.

第二,撤销对我的所有指控

Three, all of Barrett Brown's charges are dropped.

第三,撤销所有对巴利特·布朗的指控

That's up to the U.S. Attorney.

这得看联邦检察官的

Figure it out.

你去想办法

If I'm hearing you correctly,

如果我听得没错

you'd like to keep Larkin's testimony

你是想要拉金的证词

focused on the money laundering.

侧重在洗钱上

Which I never brought up, because I knew nothing about it.

而我从来没提过,因为我毫不知情

But your concern is other matters. Private matters.

但你担心其他的事,私人的事

Which are irrelevant to the investigation.

这些和调查无关

I can't prevent Dunbar from asking what she's gonna ask.

我不能阻止邓巴问问题

Of course not.

当然不能

The most I can do is ask Dr. Larkin

我最多只能去拜托拉金博士

how he would respond to certain questions.

跟他对下部分问题的回答

But he's a smart man. He'll understand what I'm getting at.

但他很聪明,会明白我的目的

And this approach keeps us within the law?

这路子合法吗

We're not tampering with testimony?

没有干扰证词吗

It's a fine line. But I'll stay on the right side of it.

界线很模糊,但我会确保合法

He shut me out, Frank. Just like he did with you.

他不见我,弗兰克,就像他对你一样

My undersecretary has been assigned full diplomatic authority.

我的副国务卿被委派了全权外交权

A temporary setback, Cathy. Where I go, you go.

暂时的挫折,凯茜,我到哪你到哪

At this very moment, the President is in the Situation Room.

现在总统正在战况室

China responded to Feng's asylum exactly the way I predicted.

中方对冯的政治庇护的反应跟我预想的一样

They're doubling their naval presence off the coast of Yonaguni.

他们增派了一倍海军前往与那国岛

And you know who isn't in the Situation Room? You and I, Frank.

你猜谁被赶出战况室了,你和我,弗兰克

You're thinking about where we are

你只盯着眼下一时的得失

instead of where we're headed.

却对情势的发展方向视而不见

Now that isn't the Catherine Durant

这可不像那个在杰斐逊舞会上

that I waltzed with at the Jefferson Ball.

和我共舞华尔兹的凯瑟琳·杜兰特

She understood potential.

她深明大势所趋

She had her eyes toward the future.

她盯着未来

I told that Catherine Durant

我对那个凯瑟琳·杜兰特说

that we needed her in the State Department.

我们需要她这样的人领导国务院

We still need her. I wish I knew where she was,

现在也是如此,真不知她哪去了

because she is not the Catherine Durant

因为她和我眼前这个凯瑟琳·杜兰特

sitting in front of me right now.

完全是两种人

But I'll tell you something,

但我跟你说

If she doesn't show up soon, well,

如果她不赶快回来的话

I'm just gonna have to keep waltzing alone.

那这支华尔兹,我只好独自舞下去了

Because I am done trying to

因为我已经

convince this woman in front of me

不想再去说服我面前的这个女人

to take my arm.

和我携手前行了

Oh, don't let me keep you.

你快忙去吧,我不留你了

I'm here. I'm not going anywhere, Frank.

我就在这儿,我哪也不去,弗兰克

You still have access to the presidential briefing?

你现在能拿到总统简报吗

Yes, I have it right here.

能,就在我手上

Walk me through everything that's going on with China.

跟我说说与中国之间的全部情况

Feng is in play now. We might be able to use him.

冯也出场了,也许我们用得上他

How?

怎么用

I don't know yet.

我还不知道

But he's clearly valuable to Beijing,

但显然他在北京眼里是有价值的

which makes him valuable to us.

那么他对我们就也有价值

Nothing about Xander Feng?

从没提起过冯山德吗

Never.

没有

Daniel Lanagin? Raymond Tusk?

丹尼尔·拉尼根呢,还有雷蒙德·塔斯克

We only discussed their marriage.

我们只谈了他的婚姻

Nothing about the business of the White House.

从未涉及白宫的公务

Any oblique reference to work-related pressures he was feeling?

他可曾间接提起过与工作有关的压力

He said he wasn't getting as much sleep as he'd like.

他说他现在睡眠太少

Did you ever prescribe him any medication?

你给他开过什么药物吗

As I've always stated, I provided religious counsel.

正如我一贯声称,我只提供宗教咨询

I understand. But I'm asking about medication.

我明白,但我问的是药物处方

How is this relevant?

这有什么关系吗

I'm trying to assess whether his judgment may have been impaired.

我想查证他的判断力是否因此受影响

In my opinion, he and his wife

在我看来,他和他的妻子

were dealing with standard marital issues.

面对的是典型的婚姻问题

That's not what I asked, Dr. Larkin.

你这是答非所问,拉金博士

So I will ask for a third time.

所以我再问第三遍

And let me be more specific.

而且问得更明确些

Was any medication prescribed

美利坚合众国总统

or taken as a result of your counseling session

在接受你的咨询服务时,你是否提供过

by the President of the United States?

任何形式的处方或者药物

His faculties were operating at a hundred percent,

他的工作能力完全没有受影响

if that's what you're asking.

如果你是想问这个的话

Has anyone from the administration spoken to you?

是不是有政府方面的人和你谈过了

How do you mean?

什么意思

About this deposition. Has anyone approached you, coached you?

关于取证,是不是有人找过你,指导过你

If you tell me now, I will qualify that as a timely declaration.

如果你现在承认,我会将此认定为及时申报

I'd like to leave.

我不想继续了

The President waived his privilege.

总统放弃了他的保密权利

But I'm here voluntarily.

但我是自愿作证的

Dr. Larkin, at first you wouldn't talk to me

拉金博士,一开始你不肯作证

because it violated your ethical code.

因为那有违你的道德准则

I respect that.

我尊重你的选择

But let me ask you, as a man of faith

但现在我要问你,作为一个虔诚之人

is deliberately lying to me an exception to that code?

蓄意对我说谎,难道就不违反你的道德准则吗

Because that is what you're doing

因为你拒绝说出实情的话

by refusing to share the truth.

就有作伪证的嫌疑

I don't understand.

我不明白

It wasn't going to pass.

这法案过不了的

But you said we almost had the votes.

但你说我们就要争取到足够的支持了

We needed to be a hundred percent solid, and we weren't.

我们需要能完全确定,但实情并非如此

If the bill failed, that would set us back.

如果法案未能通过,我们的努力就白费了

We need to accept incremental reform.

我们必须接受渐进的改革方案

You sound just like Jackie Sharp.

你的口气跟杰姬·夏普一模一样

I'm actually working with her now.

其实我现在与她合作了

She's a powerful ally for us to have.

她是一个有力的盟友

After what she did to me?

可她那样让我下不来台

After what she said about you?

还公开羞辱你

If I let the things people say about me get under my skin,

我要是被他人的非议所左右

I wouldn't be able to leave my own home.

我连家门都出不去了

You know how this will go.

你知道结果会怎样

Everyone will say, "Great, we did something,"

人人都会说"太好了,我们取得了成功"

Which is really nothing.

但其实一无所成

They'll pat themselves on the back and they'll forget about it.

他们会高兴一时,然后就抛诸脑后忘个干净

We helped put this on the radar.

我们让人们注意这个话题了

I thought we were doing something real.

我以为我们是要真正改变现状

Changing people's lives. How naive, right?

改变人们的生活,幼稚死了,对吧

But at least I didn't want to give up.

但至少我不愿意放弃

Maybe Jackie Sharp is right.

也许杰姬·夏普说对了

You are a fucking coward.

你他妈就是个懦夫

I'm the one that pulled you out from under the covers.

是我鼓励你站出来说出你的遭遇

You were hiding. You and your pills.

之前你在逃避,靠吃药度日

So you tell yourself whatever you need to.

编造各种谎言自欺欺人

I'm sorry.

我失态了

There were political realities we couldn't ignore.

有些政治现实,是我们无法忽视的

Do you ever wonder why so many people hate Washington?

你想没想过为什么那么多人憎恨华盛顿

It's because of people like you using phrases like that.

就是因为你这种人说那种屁话

Raymond?

雷蒙德

I'd turn the lights on, but when you're paying for the room

虽说该开灯,但既然花钱住进

with the best view you might as well make the most of it.

风景最好的房间,就不如欣赏个够

I've never been in the penthouse here. Have you?

我从来没上过顶层,你呢

What's going on?

这是什么情况

Do you know why I'm in D.C.?

你知道我为什么来华盛顿吗

Oh, it's okay, Remy.

没关系,雷米

There's nothing you can say that I don't already know.

你能说出的话我都已经知道了

Feng is on his way to testify.

冯要去作证了

Whatever Seth has told you, don't believe a word of it.

不管赛斯跟你说了什么都不要信他

What might he have told me that I shouldn't believe?

他会说什么我不该相信的事呢

You met with the Vice President.

你跟副总统见面了

In a church. Don't pretend you didn't.

在一座教堂里,别装作没这回事

Playing both sides?

想当墙头草吗

Raymond, look

雷蒙德,我

I want to hear you say it. That you met with Frank.

我想听你说出来,你跟弗兰克见面了

I'll talk to you, Raymond, but not with him here.

我会跟你说的,雷蒙德,但他不能在这儿

Leave us.

你先出去吧

Should I hold the elevator for you?

要我在电梯里等你吗

Go fuck yourself.

滚你妈的

Okay. You can take the stairs.

好,那你走楼梯吧

They're toying with you, Raymond.

他们在耍你,雷蒙德

No doubt. But so are you, Remy.

没错,但是你也一样,雷米

I wanted to lead Frank on, give him a false sense of security.

我是想哄骗弗兰克,让他以为已经安全了

If you're gonna lie, lie better than that.

如果你要说谎,那就说得漂亮点

They want to tear us apart.

他们想离间我们

I don't blame you for wanting to keep your options open.

你想要多条退路,这我不怪你

But clearly you have bought the wrong insurance policy.

但你显然买错了保险

Don't shoot yourself in the foot like this.

不要这样搬起石头砸自己的脚

Your foot. And you're holding the gun.

你的脚,石头也是你拿着呢

Now go someplace else to bleed.

去找个别的地方流血吧

You want to talk about blood?

你想谈谈流血吗

How much have you spilt in this war with Frank?

你与弗兰克的这场战争已经让你流了多少血了

All I've tried to do is keep the peace.

我做的一切都是为了维护和平

You could've let him have the upper hand.

你本可让他占上风

What would that have really cost you, other than your pride?

除了你的自尊,还会让你损失什么

Such a shame.

真遗憾

You have just made 42 billion enemies, Remy.

你刚刚树立了身家420亿的敌人,雷米

And some change.

外加一些零头

39 billion, Raymond. Your market cap is shrinking.

390亿,雷蒙德,你的市值在缩水

White House Counsel Bill Galich was called into questioning this morning

白宫顾问比尔·嘉利克今早被特别检查官

by Special Prosecutor Heather Dunbar.

希瑟·邓巴传唤质询

According to Dunbar's office,

从邓巴办公室得到的消息称

there are suspicions that

他们怀疑

Galich may have tampered with witness testimony.

嘉利克可能干预了证人证词

The witness in question is Dr. Thomas Larkin,

这名证人是托马斯·拉金博士

a reverend and therapist

一位牧师与咨询师

who allegedly conducted secret marriage counseling sessions

据称他为总统和第一夫人进行了

for the president and first lady.

秘密婚姻咨询

The White House counsel wouldn't be manipulating testimony

如果没有来自总统的明确指示

without explicit direction from the Oval Office.

白宫顾问是不会去干预证词的

And just as disconcerting is the fact that our president

同样让人不安的是,我们的总统

is seeking psychological treatment

在寻求心理治疗

and chose to hide this from the American people.

并且向美国人民隐瞒这一点

If we can't trust him about that,

如果在这方面我们无法信任他

then how do we know he wasn't involved in a money-laundering scheme?

那我们又怎么知道他是否与洗钱阴谋有关呢

How do we know he's mentally fit to lead?

怎么知道他的精神状况适合来领导我们呢

And most important, how can he enforce the law

最重要的是,如果他知法犯法

when he's breaking it?

又如何维护法律

I believe our colleagues in the House certainly have enough

我认为我们众议院的同事

to consider Articles of Impeachment.

已经有足够理由考虑弹劾

Both trust and laws have been broken.

信任与法律都被践踏

Whatever the House decides to do,

不管众议院作何打算

we must hold this president accountable.

这位总统必须承担责任

Fully support the president

全力支持总统

and will stand by him no matter what comes his way.

不管发生什么都跟他站在一起

Put that in, put it out. Then get me Ayla Sayyad.

揽进来,处理掉,给我找艾拉·萨伊德

And as for Remy, let's let him wither on the vine a little longer.

至于雷米,让他再多倒霉一阵子吧

In the meantime, have his better half come by the house tomorrow.

同时,让他的另一半明天来众议院

Raymond?

雷蒙德

No. Jackie.

不,杰姬

Mr. Tusk.

塔斯克先生

Well, Ms. Dunbar, in 67 years on this planet

邓巴女士,我活了67年

I have never once been issued a subpoena.

还从来没被传唤过

I can now cross that off my bucket list.

现在总算可以从遗愿清单上划掉了

This interview is being recorded and sealed.

此次会面将被记录和封存

As the subpoena mentioned, Mr. Tusk, I spoke with Xander Feng.

如传票所述,塔斯克先生,我与冯山德谈过了

He verified that you were his partner

他指证你与他合作,自2005年以来

in laundering Chinese money to political Super PACs since 2005.

将中国资金洗白并流入超级政治行动委员会

How would you respond to his allegations?

你如何回应他的指控

My client exercises his right to plead the Fifth Amendment.

我的客户要行使宪法第五修正案赋予的权利

Did you ever use these contributions to bargain for political favors?

你是否曾用这些捐赠来换取政治利益

My client exercises his right to plead the Fifth Amendment.

我的客户要行使宪法第五修正案赋予的权利

What was your relationship with Daniel Lanagin?

你跟丹尼尔·拉尼根是什么关系

My client exercises his right to plead the Fifth Amendment.

我的客户要行使宪法第五修正案赋予的权利

I don't even remember why I came over here.

我都记不得我为什么要来这儿了

You mean when you first showed up?

你是说你最初来我家吗

No. To the kitchen.

不,我是说来厨房

I'm sorry. Please don't think that I don't love you --

很抱歉,别认为我不爱你

Then why? I don't get it.

那是为什么,我不明白

Everything's been so fast.

一切发展得太快了

And...

还有

I don't know. It's hard to explain, but I'm not ready for this.

我不知道,很难说清,但我还没准备好

That's bullshit. No, it's not.

都是胡说, 不是的

I'm still trying to figure out this new life.

我还在努力适应新生活

And this is too confusing.

这一切太让人搞不清

This is the only thing that's clear, and you know it.

只有这是清清楚楚的,这你知道

You're afraid, but it's good to be afraid when you're--

你在害怕,但这是好事

I need you to leave, okay? For your own good.

你得离开,为了你自己好

I am just gonna hurt you.

我只会伤害你

I have thicker skin than you can even imagine.

我比你想得坚韧得多

Please don't make this harder than it has to be.

别把事情搞得太痛苦

Everything was fine yesterday. It's so sudden.

昨天一切都还好好的,这么突然

It's like it's coming out of nowhere.

简直莫名其妙

Well, it's not. I've been thinking about it for a while.

不是这样,我已经考虑了一段时间了

No, you haven't. I would have sensed it.

你没有,否则我会察觉的

Would you please, please, please just go?

能不能请你,拜托你走就是了

Just tell me what's going on.

告诉我发生了什么事

I don't expect you to understand.

我不指望你会理解

Well, maybe if you try --

也许你可以试着...

I don't want you here. Okay?

我不想让你待在这儿,好吗

I don't love you the way that you love me.

我不像你爱我那样爱着你

I was using you because it felt good to have you around,

只是利用你,因为有你陪着感觉很好

but it was selfish.

但那样很自私

I said the words because I knew you wanted to hear 'em,

我说那些话,因为我知道你爱听

but I didn't mean 'em.

但我不是真心的

And I don't want to keep saying 'em.

我不想继续说下去了

I'm gonna go for a walk while you pack your stuff.

我出去走一会儿,你收拾东西吧

No. I don't want anything that's been here.

不,我不要这儿的任何东西

Lisa...?

丽萨

"There was a steaming mist in all the hollows, "

四面的山洼雾气氤氲

and it roamed in its forlornness up the hill,

凄凉地往山顶涌动

like an evil spirit, seeking rest and finding none.

仿佛是个邪恶的精灵,寻找歇脚之地而不得

A clammy, and intensely cold mist,

那雾粘乎乎的,冰寒彻骨

it made it its slow way through the air in ripples

缓缓地在空中波浪式地翻滚

that visibly followed and overspread one another,

一浪一浪清晰可见,然后宛如污浊的海涛

as the waves of an unwholesome sea might do.

彼此渗诱,融合成了一片

It was dense enough to shut out everything

雾很浓,车灯几乎

from the light of the coach lamps."

什么也照不见"

I'm surprised you wanted to speak to me.

很惊讶你想和我聊聊

I haven't been the biggest friend of the administration.

我并不是很受政府欢迎

Isn't that the very best reason to speak with you?

难道不是找你谈话的最佳理由吗

I'd like to begin recording.

我想开始录音

By all means.

请便

A number of political analysts predict

许多政治分析家预测

that the House Judiciary Committee

众议院司法委员会

will commence with hearings on Articles of Impeachment.

将就弹劾条款开始听证会

Let's just stop right there.

先就此打住

So these analysts you speak of,

你说的这些分析家

they're making predictions prior to Dunbar's report even being released.

他们在邓巴的报告发表前就做出预测

That could take months.

报告出来可能得好几个月

There's no way the Judiciary will sit on this for that long.

司法委员会绝不会等那么久的

And isn't that the fundamental flaw with these hearings?

这不正是听证会的根本问题吗

The committee feels compelled to act because of hypotheses

因为包括你在内的媒体记者提出的假设

advanced by those in the media, such as yourself.

委员会觉得必须采取行动

I can't speak for all of my colleagues, but I'm just reporting facts.

我不能代表我所有的同行,但我只是报道事实

Well, you may call them facts, but if we're being honest,

你可能会说这是事实,但实话说

aren't they just -- In every article and interview,

难道不是, 每篇文章和采访中

I report alleged activities.

我都只是提出怀疑

And if you repeat allegations enough,

怀疑重复的次数够多

again and over and over and over,

一遍一遍,反反复复

people start to believe that they're true. That's human nature.

那就三人成虎了,这是人之常情

I've done my research.

我做过调查

Xander Feng admitted to the money laundering.

冯山德已经承认洗钱

But you're no longer writing about Xander Feng. Are you?

但你已经不报道冯山德了,对吗

You're writing about the administration.

你现在报道政府

The truth is, these hearings have been initiated by the press.

事实上,听证会就是由媒体报道引发的

And my fear is that the president will be tried by the press.

我担心的是总统会遭到媒体的审判

Do you believe he's innocent?

你相信他是无罪的吗

Absolutely.

绝对

I said so in my written statement and I say so again now.

我在书面声明中这么写,我现在也还要这么说

The White House counsel has denied coaching Dr. Larkin,

白宫的法律顾问已经否认了干预拉金博士的证词

but according to Ms. Whatever comes to light,

但根据... 不管最终发现了什么

it will only prove the president's innocence.

都只会证明总统的清白

And I'll tell you why. I have never known anyone more honest,

我告诉你为什么,加勒特·沃克是我所认识的

ethical, and patriotic than Garrett Walker.

最诚实,正直,爱国的人

His reverence for the Constitution and the laws of this country

他对我国宪法和法律的尊重

are surpassed by none.

无人能及

Tricia and I have been blessed with a strong and loving marriage.

特莉莎和我有幸拥有一段坚固忠诚的婚姻

But even strong marriages face challenges.

但再坚固的婚姻也会面临挑战

Like millions of Americans,

就像成百万的美国人一样

we sought counseling from a spiritual advisor,

我们向一位宗教导师寻求建议

one who happened also to be a professional therapist.

而他恰好也是一位职业治疗师

Over the years we have often

多年来我们经常

turned to our faith in times of adversity.

在困境中向我们的信仰寻求帮助

Many have criticized us.

很多人批评我们

But would you rather have a president that doesn't ask for help?

但你们宁愿要一位不去寻求帮助的总统吗

I ask for help from my wife every day.

我每一天都会请我妻子帮我

We've relied on one another for 23 years.

我们相扶相依已经有23年了

We've raised two beautiful children together.

我们一起养育了两个漂亮的孩子

Endured the campaign trails together.

一起走过了竞选之旅

From the state capital in Denver

从州首府丹佛

to the nation's capital,

一路来到国家首都

we've always been at each other's side.

我们一直都在彼此身边

I married this man for the

我嫁给这个人的原因

same reason that so many of you voted for him.

和你们很多人选他的原因一样

Because he's a man of God. Because he believes in family.

因为他是一位信徒,因为他热爱家人

Because he is compassionate and loving.

因为他有同情心和爱心

Now, none of us are perfect.

人无完人

I'm not. Tricia's not.

我不是,特莉莎也不是

Although she certainly comes close.

尽管她很接近完美了

Good morning, Mr. Feng.

早上好,冯先生

I won't ignore what makes me human.

我不会否认我作为凡人的极限

That's a form of blindness.

否则只是盲目

Good leadership means tackling my imperfections head on.

好的领导者应该正视自己的缺点

Not bad for a man on the run.

对一个在逃亡的人来说不错嘛

You mean a man with immunity.

你是说对一个有豁免权的人来说

Wherever you're most comfortable.

随便你想怎么说了

We have a lot to discuss.

我们有很多事要谈

I do so with open eyes.

我是在了解情况的前提下这么做的

Just as I love, with open eyes,

我的爱也是明明白白的

my wife, my maker,

爱我的妻子,爱上帝

and my country.

爱我的国家

Come in.

请进

Thank you, Meechum.

谢谢,密查姆

Jackie, in these circumstances

杰姬,一般来说

normally I would come to you,

我会去找你

but we need to keep a public distance for the time being.

但现在我们还是保持距离为好

I thought I was here to discuss the sexual assault bill.

我以为我是来讨论性侵法案的

You are. Among other things.

是的,还有其他的事

I see.

明白了

There's a price.

你有条件

Well, we don't think of it that way.

不要这样说

I'm going to support your bill,

不管今天你说什么

no matter what you say today.

我都会支持你的法案

Regarding?

什么事

Impeachment.

弹劾

Well, if it goes to the Judiciary --

如果事情真闹到司法委员会

It most definitely will.

几乎肯定是会的

I'm not sure about that.

我不那么肯定

Did you see the president's address?

你们看了总统的声明了吗

We did.

我们看了

I think it will help. Stop the bleeding.

我觉得能起些作用,控制事态

Impeachment can be defeated.

而且弹劾可以被否决

But that's we need to avoid.

但那是我们要避免的

You want impeachment...

你希望弹劾

Why fight a losing battle?

为什么要打一场明知会输的仗

We have a majority in the House.

我们在众议院是多数党

We do now.

现在是

But if this party fails to distance itself

但如果本党不能和一个污点总统

from a toxic president...

划清界限

We're thinking ahead here.

我们在做长远打算

It's why I came to you about the bill.

所以我才会找你就法案的事和解

Because it wasn't worth burning a bridge over.

我们不值得为它翻脸

In the long run we have a lot more to gain by working together.

长远来讲,我们合作的好处更多

I don't understand.

我不明白

You said in the Telegraph article that you would sta--

你在《电讯报》采访的时候说你会

I had to.

我必须那么说

My office is three doors down from the president's.

我的办公室跟总统的只隔了三间屋子

I can't publicly deride him.

我不能公开诋毁他

You want me to do it?

你希望我来做

We want you to do what you do so well: whip the votes.

我们希望你做你最拿手的,拉选票

I can't abandon the president.

我不能背叛总统

If the party rescues him,

如果这个党救了他

we'll lose 50 seats in the House in the midterms.

我们将在中期选举时失去50个席位

You will lose your position in the leadership.

你会失去你在领导层的地位

And it will take us a decade

我们要花十年

to regain the trust of the electorate.

重新赢得选民的信任

All we're asking is that you have an open mind.

我们只求你肯听取意见

Claire kept an open mind,

克莱尔就是如此

and you'll pass sexual assault reform as a result.

你得以修改性侵法案

You can't possibly compare impeachment to --

你不能把弹劾和...

It's an illustration, Jackie.

只是举个例子,杰姬

Of what the future looks like.

说明未来会怎么样

What we offer is progress.

我们提出的,是进步

With a promise of more to come.

并保证日后还会有更多进步

It's only the beginning, Jackie.

这只是个开始,杰姬

Ruthless pragmatism, remember?

坚决,务实,记得吗

That's why I wanted you to be the whip.

所以我才选你做党鞭

The three of us, we're cut from the same cloth.

我们三个是同一类人

Mr. Vice President,

副总统先生

what you're asking is just shy of treason.

你要我做的,几乎是叛国

Just shy. Which is politics.

几乎,也就是政治

Be careful. It's delicate.

小心,那很易碎

What is it?

这是什么

Something I've been working on for a very long time.

一件我做了很久的事

And it's nearly finished.

马上就要完成了

Jackie?

杰姬

Help us finish it.

帮我们完成吧,

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/dej/507069.html