纸牌屋第三季 第12集:独一无二的联盟(在线收听

With just one week to go before the Iowa caucuses,

距离爱荷华初选还有一周的时间

the latest Gallup poll has Dunbar ahead by six points, 45 to 39,

最新的盖洛普民调显示,邓巴以六个百分点领先,45%比39%

with 16 percent still undecided.

还有16%的选民心意未决

That's a lot of undecideds so close to election day.

初选日越来越近,摇摆选民数量还真不少

Dunbar has incredibly high favorability numbers here,

邓巴获得了难以置信的民意追捧

much higher than President Underwood's,

远超总统安德伍德

but I have spoken with many Iowans

但是,我采访的爱荷华民众

who have doubts about her lack of experience

多数人都对邓巴缺乏经验

and whether she'll be able to stand up to a Republican candidate

以及她能否对抗得了极富经验的共和党候选人

with a substantial record.

表示怀疑

Even so, the fact that she's still the frontrunner,

尽管如此,现在她仍是竞选领跑者

having never run for office. It's extraordinary.

而且从未竞选过公职, 真的很不一般

Jackie Sharp's endorsement was a big coup.

杰姬·夏普对她的支持完全出人意料

It really helped her numbers with women.

这真的帮她赢得了很多女性选民的支持

We want you to have a much more active role during the events.

我们希望你在竞选活动中更积极一些

You'll go first, introduce the president,

你先出现,然后介绍总统

stay with him the entire time,

全程和他一起

and then participate in the Q and A.

并且参与问答环节

I really shouldn't be answering questions.

我真的不应该回答问题

Francis is the candidate.

弗朗西斯才是候选人

Well, the truth is, your favorables are double what mine are,

事实上,你的受欢迎程度是我的两倍

so let's give the people what they want.

所以我们要投其所好

Well, if you think it will help. I know it will.

好吧,如果你认为这会有所帮助的话, 会有帮助的

Do you have a speech prepared? Do you have issue papers?

你们准备好发言稿了吗,有提醒纸吗

Everything is in the conference room.

所有东西都在会议室了

Let's get started, then.

那我们开始吧

Have you had a chance to go over the list...

您有看过一遍

of replacements for Remy?

接替雷米的候选人员名单吗

Oh, I can't focus on that right now.

我现在没心思在这上面

I need to get through Iowa first.

先过了爱荷华这一关再说

Well, I have a suggestion, sir, that's not on the list.

我有个推荐人选,先生,不在名单里

Who? Me.

是谁, 我

Seth, you're invaluable as a comm director.

赛斯,你是一个十分难得的媒体主管

Well, that's just it, sir. You need a media expert at the helm.

这就是原因,先生,您需要一个媒体专家来掌控全局

We're in an election cycle.

我们现在处在选举周期

Everything's about perception. Seth

什么事情都要先知先觉, 赛斯

I want to integrate the policy and the press teams.

我想把政策团队和媒体团队整合在一起

I want to work with cabinet members and agency heads

我想和内阁成员以及机构负责人一起

on gearing every public statement towards our platform.

按照我们的既定方向调整每一份公开声明

Mobilize our AmWorks allies in Congress.

动员我们在国会的盟友推动美就法

A commitment list for futures legislations,

一份关于未来立法的承诺表

not just simple endorsements.

而不是简单的空口支持

This outlines in detail

这份资料详细写明了如果我做您的幕僚长

what I would like to do as your Chief of Staff.

将采取的动作计划

All I ask is that you consider it.

我只请求您考虑下我的提议

Well, of course I will. Thank you, Seth.

当然,我会的,感谢你,赛斯

I appreciate you putting so much time into this.

我十分感激你如此的投入

Thank you, sir.

谢谢您,先生

Thank you.

谢谢

Robert.

罗伯特

Sorry I'm running late.

抱歉,我迟到了

We hit some weather on the way back from Iowa.

我们从爱荷华回来的路上碰上了坏天气

I appreciate your coming here in person.

感谢你亲自来见我

Especially during the... final rush.

特别是在这,最后的冲刺阶段

Anything for you, Robert. Have a seat.

一切以你为重,罗伯特, 请坐吧

Oh, thank you.

谢谢

And, you know, it's good. I get a few hours with the kids.

你知道,回来挺好的,我和孩子们可以相处几个小时

So how does it feel to be back here?

故地重游感觉如何

Oh...

I have to admit, I miss it a little.

不得不承认,我有点怀念这里了

Your dissent on Godfrey v. Kent was brilliant, by the way.

顺便说一句,你写的戈弗雷诉肯特的异议写得真棒

My clerks. They wrote it.

是我的文书们写的

Every word.

每个字都是他们写的

So it's time.

所以,是退休的时机了

Ruth says it is, but I knew before she said anything.

露丝说是的,不过我在她开口前就知道了

When are you going to announce? Soon.

你打算什么时候宣布, 很快

But I'd like you... to say yes first.

但我想要你先答应我,我再宣布

To what? Replacing me.

答应你什么, 接替我的位子

This isn't the disease speaking.

我不是在说胡话

I haven't forgotten you're running for president.

我知道你现在在竞选总统

But Underwood... I'm sure he'd nominate you in a heartbeat.

但安德伍德,我相信他愿意马上提名你

I am the frontrunner, Robert. Why would I drop out?

我现在领先,罗伯特,为什么我要弃选

Because this position's for life. Underwood is going to lose.

因为这个位子是终身的, 安德伍德会输给我的

You think he'll go down easily?

你认为你可以轻而易举把拉他下马吗

And even if you get the nomination, the Republicans...

就算你得到了提名,共和党那边

They'll... rip you apart.

他们会把你撕碎的

I'm the swing vote. My seat is important.

我这个位子是关键投票,很重要的

You can make a lasting difference here.

你在这里会有持久的影响力

That is exactly what he said.

这跟他对我说的话一模一样

His motivations were atrocious, yes, but his logic was sound.

他的动机是不纯,但是,他的道理是通的

Your mind seems sharp as ever, Robert.

你的思想还是这么清晰,罗伯特

Except...

除了

Except for the fact that I can't remember your name right now.

除了此刻我不记得你的名字是什么了

Heather.

希瑟

Heather.

希瑟

Will you continue to do the work I've done, Heather?

你能继续我的事业吗,希瑟

I can't.

我不能

If I'm honest with myself, it's that I want this too much.

如果我诚实的面对自己,那我太想做总统了

I didn't realize it before I started running.

直到开始竞选我才意识到这点

It is not that I've changed,

不是说我变了

Robert, that ambition has clouded anything.

罗伯特,我的雄心壮志并没有被污染

It is that I was blind to this until now, what I am meant to be.

我直到现在才明白,我注定要成为什么样的人

And I am meant to be President of the United States.

我注定要成为美国总统

Wouldn't you all like to hear from Claire first?

大家想不想先听克莱尔说几句

Thank you!

谢谢大家

Francis and I so appreciate you all coming out here

弗朗西斯和我非常感激你们在

on such a cold day and welcoming us with such warmth!

这么冷的天气下来到这里给了我们这么火热的欢迎

It's so good to be back in Iowa!

重回爱荷华感觉真好

And I can feel it, with your support and enthusiasm,

我能感觉到,有了你们的支持与热情

there is no doubt that we are gonna take this state!

毫无疑问我们会拿下这个州

Hello. Good evening.

你好, 晚上好

Hi.

So pleased to have you staying with us again, Mr. President.

很高兴您再次和我们同住,总统先生

We always love coming here.

我们一直很喜欢来这儿

It's our favorite house in all of Iowa.

这是整个爱荷华我最喜欢的房子

If you need anything... Thank you very much.

如果您有什么需要的话, 非常感谢

Good night. Have a good evening.

晚安, 睡个好觉

You were wonderful today.

你今天的表现棒极了

They just adore you.

他们真的很崇拜你

Good night.

晚安

Good night.

晚安

Yes, connect me with Tom Yates, please.

请帮我联系汤姆·耶茨

No, I'll hold.

不,我不挂电话

Mr. President?

总统先生

Where's the rest of it?

剩下的书稿在哪

Have you read it? No, not yet.

你看过了吗, 现在还没有

Just this first chapter arrived.

只送来了第一章

Will you please read it first, sir? And then let's talk.

你可以先读它吗,然后我们再谈谈

Are you sick? You sound hoarse.

你生病了吗,嗓音这么沙哑

Well, no, I'm not sick.

没有,我没有生病

I haven't slept much.

只是没睡好

All right, I'll call you tomorrow.

好吧,我明天再打电话给你

Sir?

先生

Excuse me. Sir?

对不起,先生

I forgot why I came in here.

我忘了我为什么要进来

The orange juice.

那瓶橙汁

That'll be two twentyfive.

两块二毛五

Yeah.

好的

"The Fourth of July means nothing anymore.

"国庆节再也算不了什么了

Overcooked hot dogs and

烤焦的热狗和烟花

fireworks that always leave you disappointed.

一如既往地令人失望

Bitesize American flags made in China,

小号的中国造美国国旗

halfheartedly waved by

在五岁孩童手里百无聊赖的挥舞着

fiveyearolds who'd rather be playing Minecraft.

其实他们更想玩"挖矿争霸"游戏

But the third of September, that's a date which matters.

但九月三号,却是个值得纪念的日子

It's the day, three decades past,

三十年前的这一天

that a redneck from Gaffney married a debutante from Dallas.

一个来自加夫尼的乡下小伙子娶了一位达拉斯的名媛

And the Earth's axis tilted that day,

整个世界的轨迹自那时改变

though neither they, nor we, knew it at the time.

尽管他们和我们当时对此都一无所知

Here's a woman who describes her

那个女人把她的婚誓

vows as a suicide flirting with a bridge's edge.

比作在桥边犹豫不决的自杀

And a man who wears his wedding ring as a badge of shame,

那个男人则把婚戒当做羞耻的象征

for the debutante deserved more.

因为觉得自己配不上那个名媛

But truly, what more could she desire?

但是说真的,她还能奢望什么呢

Together, they rule an empire without heirs.

他们一起统治着国家,没有子嗣

Legacy is their only child."

政治遗产是他们唯一的子嗣"

Come in.

进来

He sent you a copy, too?

他给你也送了一份拷贝

I thought this was supposed to be about you, not us.

我以为这本书是关于你的,而不是我们

The whole thing was a mistake.

整件事就是个错误

We revealed too much, Francis.

我们透露太多了,弗兰西斯

I should've never put you in that position.

我不应该让你处在这样的境地

I'll put an end to it.

我会做个了结的

Do you think he was right? About what?

你认为他是对的吗, 关于哪方面

"A cold fusion of two universal elements,

"两个宇宙元素冷聚变"

identical in weight, equal in force.

质量相当,力量均等

United they stand. A union like none other.

他们结合在一起,组成独一无二的联盟

The unsplittable atom of American politics."

美国政界不可分裂的原子"

Well, he was right about some things.

看来有些事他是对的

I should go speak to him face to face, soften the blow.

我得找他面对面的谈谈,减轻对他的打击

She did an event in Oelwein yesterday

昨天她在奥尔温发起活动

and our people say you

我们的人说

could barely hear her with all the cheering.

她的声音几乎被欢呼声淹没了

How badly can she hurt us?

她能对我们造成多大伤害

They only need a point or two and he's in the margin of error.

只需要一两个百分点就能赶上我们,他的支持率在我们支持率的误差范围内

So we need to attack her.

所以我们得攻击她

The UN stuff slid right off. We need something new.

联合国的事过时了,我们需要新点子

Let's talk to Jackie.

去找杰姬谈谈

Thank you for coming. How was your trip?

谢谢你能来,你的旅行怎么样

Good for me. A little rough for my mom, though.

对我来说很不错,不过对我妈妈来讲有点辛苦

She's not used to seeing me more than two days in a row.

她还不习惯连续两天看到我

She actually ran out of questions.

她把该问的问题都问完了

I'm jealous. Have a seat. It's been nonstop here for me.

我真嫉妒,请坐,我在这里马不停蹄

Fulltime job here.

全职工作

Doing surrogate appearances for Heather in California.

在加利福尼亚代表希瑟

We could really use you, Remy.

我们真的需要你,雷米

Ah... A recruiting session?

这是在招聘面试吗

You can't be surprised.

你不必惊讶

I was hoping you just wanted to see my face.

我希望你只是单纯的想见我

We can't offer you as much as you made at Glendon Hill,

我们给不了你格兰登希尔公司那么高的收入

but we can offer you a lot more than you made at the White House.

但是我们可以比白宫给的高很多

I'm not interested.

我不感兴趣

That was fast. Even for you.

即使对你来说,这也拒绝的太快了

Where'd you land? Nowhere.

你会站在哪边, 哪边都不会

I'm out, Jackie. No more politics.

我退出了,杰姬,不再管政治上的事了

You know you don't mean that. It's who you are.

你知道你不会不管的,这就是你

That's what I thought, too, for a long time.

以前我一直也是这么想的

I don't even know if I'll stay in DC.

我甚至不知道我是不是还会留在华盛顿

What are you gonna do?

接下来你有什么计划

That's the best part. I have no idea.

最棒的就在这里,我也不知道

I'll save you the trouble of trying to convince me.

你就别费心说服我了

Claire Underwood.

克莱尔·安德伍德

We need to hit her hard.

我们必须猛烈打击她

You want dirt. I don't have any.

你想要她的污点,我没有

You must.

你肯定有

If I did, I don't know if I'd shovel it your way.

假如我有,我不知道会不会告诉你

But I don't. They never let me in the inner circle.

但是我没有,他们从不让我进入核心圈子

She pressed him, but nothing.

她逼问过他,但没问出什么

I find it hard to believe

我觉得这让我难以置信

that we don't have a single thing we can use.

我们居然一个她的把柄都没抓住

Our oppo team has looked at every article,

我们的竞选团已经翻遍了每一篇报道

every piece of footage going back 25 years.

以及过去25年来每一个视频片段

Researched acquaintances, family, the works.

调查了朋友,家庭,工作

If it's out there, we would've found it.

如果真有,我们应该早就发现了

Wait. There is one thing.

等等,有一样东西可以利用

What?

什么

Hello?

什么事

Doug. It's been a while.

道格,有段时间没见了

What do you want? The journal.

你有什么事情, 那本日记

What would it take?

你需要什么来交换

You said you would never do that to another woman.

你说过永远不会对一个女人那样做的

How much? You're offering money?

多少钱, 你打算用钱买吗

If that's what you want.

如果你想要钱的话

Betrayal doesn't come cheap.

背叛可不会便宜的

Name a figure.

你报个数吧

What do you like to read?

你喜欢看什么样的书

Do you read?

你看书吗

Yes, I read.

是的,我看书

Oh, thank you, Meechum.

哦,谢谢,密查姆

You hate it. I didn't say that.

你不喜欢第一章, 我可没有那样说

You wouldn't fly back from Iowa just to say, "Good job."

你不会从爱荷华急着飞回来就是为了说一句"写得不错"

Well, look, you've only turned in 21 pages,

你看,你只交了这21页

and the book was supposed to be finished by now.

按理这本书现在应该已经写完了

It took me this long to figure out what the book is really about.

我花了这么久才终于搞懂这本书应该真正写些什么

And what it's about, is the two of you.

它到底是什么,应该关于你和克莱尔

We have to start over.

我们必须重新开始

Start over?

重新开始

The book was supposed to be about America Works.

这本书本来是要写关于全美就业法案的

Now, you said you wanted to try a different approach.

现在,你说过你想尝试不同的表达方式

I was skeptical, but then I went along with it and now,

我有点怀疑,但是一直支持你到现在

you've handed over to me the beginning of a book...

然后你给了我一本书的开头

about my marriage?

写的却是我的婚姻

Well, do you want it fast, or do you want it right?

你是想要写快点,还是想要写好

I told you I've never written anything in less than a year.

我告诉过你,我写书从来没有在一年内完成的

Yeah, and in a month's time,

好,过了一个月

you're gonna say you've come up with some new idea.

你又会说你有了些新的想法

No, this is it. You and Claire. The marriage.

不是,就是现在这个,你和克莱尔,你们的婚姻

That's the key that unlocks everything else.

这才是一切的关键所在

If I had wanted an expos? About my personal life,

如果我想曝光自己,曝光我的私生活

I would've hired a staff writer from Us Weekly.

那我还不如直接雇一个美国周刊的特约撰稿人

Well... hold on a minute. This is not tabloid bullshit.

那,先等会儿,这可不是小报胡扯

You said, in this room, you wanted an original voice.

你说过,就在这个房间里,你想要一种独创的文笔

I am giving it to you.

我就是在这样做

You're not narrowminded, Mr. President.

你不是一个思想狭隘的人,总统先生

I know you can appreciate what I'm trying to do.

我知道你能欣赏我正在努力所做的事情

Right, but see, that's the problem right there.

对了,但是你看,问题就出在这儿

This is about what you're trying to do.

这是关于你所努力做的事情

What your needs and... what did you call it?

是你自己的需要,你怎么说的来着

Your addiction. That's not true.

你的嗜好, 不是这样的

No, it is true. I hired you to do a job,

不,就是这样,我雇用你来写这本书

which was to get me votes.

是为了能给我拉选票

Yesterday, not six months from now.

是为了昨天,不是六个月后

Now, look, it's no big deal. It didn't work out.

现在看看,这不是什么大事情,没成功而已

But I promise you, you will be paid in full.

但是我承诺过你,你还是会得到全额的酬劳

Thank you, Tom.

谢谢你,汤姆

This deserves to be finished, and it deserves to be read.

这本书值得被写完,值得让人们去阅读

Well, I just happen to disagree with you.

好了,我只是碰巧不同意你这样写的

Are you afraid of what I wrote?

你害怕我所写的内容

Afraid? No.

害怕,不

It's just no one's business.

这只是不关任何人的事

Well, you can't bury it.

你不能毁掉它

I won't allow that.

我不会允许的

You're in an intimate

你和凯特·鲍德温

relationship with Kate Baldwin, isn't that correct?

保持着亲密关系,是这样吗

I've never said anything because I presume that you can separate

我从来没有说过什么因为我相信你能分清

your personal life from our professional arrangement.

你个人的私生活和你的工作

But before you start getting any reckless ideas,

但是你有任何鲁莽的想法之前

why don't you just remember one thing: I own this material.

你有没有想过一件事,这些素材是我的

And if you attempt to share it with anybody,

如果你打算把它分享给任何人

and I mean one single word,

我的意思是哪怕是一个字

litigation will be the least of your worries.

最起码你要担心吃官司的问题

I mean, after all, I don't think either of us

我的意思是,毕竟,我觉得你我都不想

wants any controversy about the authorship of your first book.

让你的第一本书的作者资格引起不必要的争议

Do we?

是吧

Meechum, will you please escort Mr. Yates out?

密切姆,可以把耶茨先生护送出去了

And good luck to you, Tom.

祝你好运,汤姆

Too bad about the book.

这本书发生这样的事情实在是太糟糕了

You don't really mean that. No, I don't.

你不是真的在乎, 是的,我不在乎

Mr. Grayson is on the line, sir.

先生,格雷森先生在线上

What was that?

怎么回事

Mr. Grayson is on the line, sir. He says it's urgent.

格雷森先生在线上等着,先生,他说事情紧急

He's on line one, sir.

他在一号线上,先生

Seth?

赛斯

All right. I better stay in Washington.

好的,我最好待在华盛顿

Let Vaughn know.

让沃恩知道

Get me Claire.

给我接克莱尔

You think the timing is strategic?

你认为这个时间点是个策略

Well, he and Dunbar are close.

是的,他和邓巴很亲近

Do you have any idea who you're going to nominate?

你有合适的人作为提名人选吗

We'll go through our master list in the morning,

我们明早会列出来主名单

but this'll take me off the campaign trail.

但是这样我就没办法和你一起去参与竞选游说过程了

I won't be in Iowa for a day or two. You're okay to cover me?

我一两天内还去不了爱荷华州,你能替我去吗

Yes, of course. I'll keep waving my pompoms.

当然可以,我会继续挥我的绒球

Well, you're a saint to do it without me, but it's probably best.

真的,没有我在,你那样子就像圣诞老人,这样可能是最好的

They like you even better.

大家更喜欢你

Did you speak with Tom?

你和汤姆谈过了吗

I did. He didn't take it well, but I made it very clear.

谈过了,他不太接受,但是我已经说得很明确

I read it again. The chapter.

我又读了一遍,那一章

Let it go. We're done with him.

让它去吧,这件事情和他都结束了

Claire?

克莱尔

Sorry. Uh, the last event went quite long.

抱歉,上一场活动持续了很久

I'm fading.

我精疲力尽了

Well, you get some sleep. We'll talk tomorrow.

那你休息吧,我们明天再谈

Okay. Good night, Francis.

好的,晚安,弗朗西斯

Good night.

晚安

Oh. This is a nice surprise.

这可真是个惊喜

Now a bad time?

不合适吗

Not at all. How did you get in the building?

不是,你是怎么进来的

Nobody called me. The receptionist.

没人通知我, 前台接待员

Scorpio is her favorite book. Of course, it is.

"天蝎"是她最喜欢的书, 当然

What are you working on?

你在写什么

Covert operation in the Jordan Valley.

约旦河的秘密行动

Your boy Underwood has refused

你的伙计安德伍德

to confirm or deny, but take a look at that.

既不承认也不否认,你看看这个

That's a letter to the family of Justin Nix.

这封信是写给贾斯汀·尼克斯的家人的

Navy SEAL who died the same day as the covert operation.

一个海豹特种部队队员在机密行动开展的同一天死了

Signed by the president.

是总统签的字

Says it was a training exercise.

上面说的是死于例行训练

I just got off the phone with a source in the DOD

我刚和国防部的线人联系

and they said there were no SEAL training exercises that day.

他们说那天并没有所谓的海豹特种部队演练

His death is the only

他的死亡是10月18日那天

military KIA reported on October eighteenth.

唯一一份军队阵亡报告

Am I shattering your illusions about the guy?

我是不是打碎了你对他的美好幻觉

He fired me.

他把我炒了

What? Why?

什么,为什么

I didn't want to email it to you.

我不想通过邮件告诉你

This is it? The first chapter.

这就是为他写的那本书吗, 第一章

Justice Jacobs served our nation with duty and distinction.

雅各布斯法官对国家尽忠职守

And when the Court was strongly divided,

在他为国效力的23年

as it was many times during his 23 years on the bench,

当法院发生严重分歧时

it was his swing vote that created

曾经无数次,都是凭借他的关键投票

legal precedents that will last for centuries.

开创了流芳百世的法律判例

Now, it will not be an easy seat to fill, but fill it I must.

如今,要找到一位合适的继任者实属不易,但我一定会找到

Sir.

先生

Dunbar's people just reached out to me.

邓巴的人刚刚联系了我

She's back in Washington and she wants to meet with you.

她回华盛顿了,想和你见个面

What for?

什么事

She wants to talk about the nomination.

她想就大法官提名一事和你谈谈

She wants to propose someone.

她是想推荐谁

Yes. Herself.

没错,是她自己

Find a time. And find somewhere discreet.

安排好时间,找个隐秘的地方

I don't want anyone on staff seeing her.

我不想任何工作人员见到她

Good morning. I'm Claire Underwood.

早上好,我是克莱尔·安德伍德

Uh, I just changed her diaper.

我刚给她换了尿布

I haven't had a chance to wash my hands.

还没来得及去洗手呢

Oh. What is her name? She's beautiful.

她叫什么,她可真漂亮

Kayla. Kayla. And what's your name?

凯拉, 凯拉,那你叫什么

Suzie. Hi, Suzie.

苏西, 你好,苏西

Well, I just wanted to thank you so much for your support.

我只是想对你们的支持表示感激

It means so much to my husband and me.

这对我和我丈夫意义重大

I don't support him. I saw the signs out front.

我不支持他, 我看到了外面的标志

Those are my husband's. I support Heather Dunbar.

那是我丈夫的,我支持希瑟·邓巴

When we vetted the house, the husband was here.

我们去审查时候,她丈夫在家

Um, would you ever consider changing your mind?

你有想过改变想法吗

I'm sorry, Mrs. Underwood,

对不起,安德伍德夫人

I don't really want to be on TV or in the papers.

我真的不想出现在电视上或者报纸上

Oh. My apologies about that.

对于这个我很抱歉

Would you mind if I just came inside?

你介意我进来坐坐吗

No cameras, just me?

没媒体,只是我

I guess so.

应该可以吧

We need to do a sweep of the house first, ma'am.

我们必须要彻底检查这所房子,夫人

No. And they stay out here.

不用了,让他们呆在外面

Hello, Heather.

你好,希瑟

How's Robert?

罗伯特还好吗

He's sad.

他很难过

But at least he's making his exit with grace.

但至少他能体面地退休

Those were some very nice things

你在记者招待会上

you said about him during your press conference.

评价他的那些好话非常好

Well, what was it you said to me...

你之前跟我说的那个词是什么

about, uh, making things palatable?

关于我把事情做得冠冕堂皇

The obscene. Ah, yes. The obscene.

下流,没错,是这个词

Well, it is obscene, a mind like his losing its sharpness.

像他这么好的头脑却失去了当年的光辉,确实是下流

I didn't expect the Oval, but this is interesting.

我并没有奢望总统办公室,但这却很有意思

This is where Petrov and I smoked cigars during the summit.

这里就是峰会期间我和彼得罗夫抽雪茄的地方

That's where he put his out on the wall.

这就是他在墙上灭烟头的地方

So, Seth tells me you want the nomination.

赛斯告诉我你想要我提名你做大法官

No. I just said that to get in the door.

不,我那样说是为了进来这里

Robert thought you'd say yes in a heartbeat

罗伯特认为如果这意味着我退选

if it meant me dropping out of the race.

你马上就会答应

But the decision you have

但是现在你要做的决定是

to make is whether you'll drop out or not.

你要不要退选

And why would I do that?

我为什么要退选

I know Claire lied about the abortion,

我知道克莱尔关于流产一事说谎了

and I have the journal to prove it.

而我有日记作为证据

I'm giving you an opportunity

我这是给你一个机会

to bow out gracefully, just like Robert.

像罗伯特一样体面地离开

But you have to do it before the caucus.

但你必须在预选会议召开前退出

I'll give you three days.

我给你三天的时间

I have no idea what you're talking about.

我完全不知道你在说什么

The one you asked Doug to destroy.

你让道格销毁的那本日记

I wouldn't be so certain that he did it.

是我就不敢保证他真的销毁了

So...

那么

you're finally one of us.

你也终于和我们一样了

One of who?

什么一样

The men. In their smoky back rooms.

我们这种人,心怀诡计,老谋深算

And even if there was a journal...

就算有这么一本日记

you don't have it in you.

也不在你手上

Make whatever assumption you want.

随便你怎么猜

Well, Robert was right. I would offer you the nomination.

罗伯特说的对,我可以提名你

You should take the advice of a smart man.

你应该听聪明人的建议的

Three days, Mr. President.

给你三天时间,总统先生

Think about Claire.

为克莱尔着想

Show me out, please.

请给我带路

She can go after me all she wants, but she goes after Claire,

她想怎么搞我都行,但是她要搞克莱尔

I'll slit her fucking throat in broad daylight.

我他妈的会在光天化日之下撕了她的喉咙

Like when he pardoned Walker, and that other guy, the rich one.

比如他赦免了沃克和另一个家伙,有钱的那个

Raymond Tusk. Yeah, him.

雷蒙德·图斯克, 没错,是他

I mean, those were bad people, and he let them off the hook.

我的意思是,那些是坏家伙,他却帮他们逍遥法外

And then he says he's not running and he does.

然后他说他不参选,结果他还是参选了

Well, it's a little more

嗯,情况比你说的

complicated than the way you're putting it.

要稍微复杂些

There's a lot of variables

会有很多变数

that go into making decisions like that, and...

影响到类似情况的最终决定,而且

I can tell you I was right beside him and he was agonizing.

我可以告诉你,我就在他身边,他非常纠结

I'm sorry. She's hungry.

我很抱歉,她饿了

I still breastfeed my girl.

我还在母乳喂养我的孩子

Go outside, please. Ma'am?

请你到外面去,谢谢, 太太

Just go outside.

请到外面去

I can go out too, if you like. No, it's okay.

我也可以到外面去,如果你想的话, 不,你可以留下

As long as you don't mind seeing some boob.

只要你不介意看到女人的乳房

Does she have any brothers or sisters?

她有兄弟姐妹吗

No, this is the only one.

不,她是唯一一个

James and I have been trying for a while.

詹姆斯和我已经尝试了一段时间

Had some trouble getting pregnant.

怀孕没那么顺利

James is your husband? Yeah. He goes by Jim.

詹姆斯是你的丈夫吗, 是,他喜欢叫自己吉姆

But I like James better.

但是我更喜欢詹姆斯这个叫法

Well, he must trust my husband. He's supporting him.

嗯,他肯定很信任我的丈夫,他支持他

James doesn't know what that word means.

詹姆斯不懂"信任"这个词的意思

Trust? Yeah. The whole town knows it.

信任, 是的,整个小镇都知道

He runs after anything in a skirt.

他只要是个女人都会去追

Which I don't mind so much, to be honest.

这个我不那么介意,说真的

I mean, I've had a fling or two myself.

我的意思是我自己也有那么一两次冲动

What I don't like is how he lies about it.

我不喜欢的是他对这种事撒谎

And then, when he asks me if

然后,当他问我是否

I've been with someone and I say yes, he flips out.

和某人在一起过,我说是的,他就失控了

Like there's some kind of double standard.

就像是存在双重标准

I mean, he wants to dog Christy

我是说,他想像狗一样

Mulligan in the back of her brand new Escalade?

追着克里斯蒂·穆里根的全新凯雷德车子跑

Fine. Why shouldn't I be able to give Kyle Beckenbauer some head

好啊,没问题,那为什么我就不能给凯尔·贝肯鲍尔一些关于

for building Kayla's crib?

凯拉婴儿床的建议

I'm sorry.

我很抱歉

This is what happens when you don't sleep for three months.

要是你三个月不睡觉的话,就会像我这样唠唠叨叨了

You two fight? You and your husband?

你们俩打架了,你和你丈夫

Every married couple fights.

每一对婚后夫妻都会吵闹

I mean, really fight. Like, the cops get called.

我是说,真的打起来,比如说,打到报警的那种了

Or they would, if he wasn't the president.

如果他不是总统,警察会来的那种

'Cause I mean, the sheriff

因为我想说,警长

is practically a family member at this point.

在这时候真像是家庭一员

Now we're fighting about the damn election.

现在我们为了这该死的选举打架

Like those stupid yard signs.

比如那些愚蠢的院子标语

Sometimes, I wish I could just pull up stakes and leave him.

有时候,我真想就这样一走了之

But I can't. Why not?

但是我不能,为什么

Because of this little one.

就因为这个小家伙

Last in vitro we did, I said to myself,

这是我们最后一个试管婴儿,我对自己说

if this one doesn't work, I'm outta here.

如果这次还不成功,我就离开这

We had to double mortgage the house to pay for it.

我们不得不再抵押一次房子来承担它

But it worked. And... here I am.

但是手术成功了,然后,我就这样了

If I was like you... didn't have a kid...

如果我像你一样,没有孩子

Can I tell you a secret?

我能告诉你一个秘密吗

No mother will admit this, but sometimes I fantasize,

没有哪位母亲会允许这样,但是有时我幻想

like, like this pillow here...

就好像,好像这个枕头

I mean, and when Kayla was in her crib.

我是说,当凯拉在她的婴儿床里

Two minutes. That's all it would take, and I could go.

两分钟,只需要两分钟就可以闷死凯拉了,然后我就可以离开

And I wouldn't be stuck to a man I want to leave,

我打算离开男人也不会拖泥带水

rubbing lotion on my nipples, they're so raw.

往乳头上抹乳液,他们太痛了

I could start over.

我可以重来

Of course, I don't mean it. I mean, I'd never to do that.

当然,我不是真的这个意思,我是说,我是决不会那样做的

But... you have thoughts.

但是,人都会胡思乱想

You know what, Suzie,

你知道吗,苏西

I think I've taken up too much of your time.

我觉得我已经占用了你太多时间

You know I'm not serious, right?

你知道我不是认真的,对吧

Of course.

当然

I'm sorry. I'm just...

对不起,我只是

I'm so tired.

我太累了

You're a really good listener.

你是个很好的聆听者

I wish you were running for president.

我真希望是你在竞选总统

Hey, you can tell them I'm for your husband if you want.

嘿,你如果想的话可以告诉他们我投票支持你丈夫

I probably won't even caucus.

我很可能根本都不会去投票

Good luck to you, Suzie.

祝你好运,苏西

Mrs. Underwood, did she change her mind?

安德伍德夫人,她改变主意了吗

No, she stuck to her guns.

不,她坚持她的立场

But you can't blame a woman for having conviction.

但我们不能因为一个女人有坚定的信念而责备她

The president just called for you.

总统刚打电话给你

I'll call him back from the car.

等会上车我会给他打回去

Listen to me. What I'm about to say, I don't want you to panic.

听我说,我要说的事,你不要慌

What is it?

什么事

The journal. Dunbar claims she has it.

日记,邓巴说她有你的日记

But how? I don't know.

她怎么可能有, 我不知道

It looks like it might have been Doug.

看上去有可能是道格

He was supposed to I know. It's hard for me to believe.

他不是应该把日记都... 我知道,我也很难相信

No, Francis. This can't happen.

不,弗朗西斯,不能让这事发生

Meechum is tracking him down now.

密查姆正在追查他

Sweetheart, listen to me.

亲爱的,听我说

No, the whole thing, it The whole thing

不,整件事,这整件事

All she did was make the threat.

她只是威胁我

That doesn't mean she actually has it.

并不代表她真的有日记

Whatever you have to do. Just fix it, Francis.

不惜一切代价,赶紧补救,弗朗西斯

I will, I promise you that.

我会的,我向你保证

But in the meantime, you have to come back here.

但是在此期间,你必须回来

I need you to get to the plane. You have to come back.

我需要你上飞机,你必须回来

I don't want you there, out on the road, if we get blindsided.

我不想你待在那里,在外奔波,万一他们攻我们不备

Claire? Claire.

克莱尔,克莱尔

I'll come home.

我这就回家

You go straight to the plane. We'll say you weren't feeling well.

你直接上飞机,我们对外宣称你身体不舒服

Okay.

好的

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

上帝啊,请赐予我平静,让我接受无法改变的事情

the courage to change the things I can,

请赐予我勇气,让我改变力所能及的事情

and the wisdom to know the difference.

请赐予我智慧,让我分辨事物的差别

Keep coming back. It works if you work it.

继续坚持,只要努力就会成功

So?

觉得怎样

You honestly believed he'd go for this?

你真的相信他会赞成这个

Yeah.

是的

The writing is good. And it's honest.

文笔很好,也很坦诚

But what candidate in their right

但是哪个心智正常的候选人

mind would want something like this out there?

会希望公开这种事情

I need you to write about it. That he's trying to suppress this.

我需要你来写,他正在打压这个

What you need is sleep. Do this for me, Kate.

你需要休息, 为我做这件事吧,凯特

I can't. It's a conflict of interest. Come on.

我不能,这存在利害冲突, 得了吧

The moment we slept together, we crossed the line.

我们一上床,就已经越界了

Fuck the line!

去他妈的越界

I'm not risking my reputation because your book is dead.

我不会拿我的名声冒险,因为你的书已经胎死腹中

Oh, no. Not dead.

噢,不,不会死的

I'm gonna finish it.

我会写完它的

I'll change the names if I have to, call it fiction.

如果有必要的话,我会改掉名字,说这是虚构

He's the President of the United States.

他可是美利坚合众国的总统

So what? He crushes people.

那又怎样, 他随随便便弄死你

Let this go. Just start something new.

别写这个了,开始新的话题

"Start something new."

"开始新的话题"

Jesus... Christ, you don't get it.

我的天哪,你没明白

I do it all the time.

做这个我轻车熟路

My editor passes on a story, I move on to the next one.

编辑毙掉一项报道,我就换一个来

I'm so fucking disappointed in you right now.

现在我对你太他妈的失望了

Me?

对我失望

I'm the one trying to save you from your own delusions.

我可是在试着把你从妄想中拯救出来

That's exactly what he said.

他就是这么说的

Maybe he's right.

也许他是对的

I almost felt something for you.

我几乎都要对你有感觉了

Come in.

来吧

Let me take your coat.

我来帮你拿大衣

Can I get you anything? Something to drink?

需要来点什么,喝点什么吗

No. No, I'm good. Thanks.

不,不,不用,谢谢

I appreciate the home visit, but I'm not gonna change my mind.

我很感谢你来家访,但我不会改变主意的

No, no. I didn't think you would.

不,不,我想你不会

Something wrong?

怎么了

I don't know what to do.

我不知道该怎么办

I figured...

我想

When I asked you to join the campaign,

我请求你参与竞选活动的时候

I just assumed you would say yes.

我只是以为你会答应

That the two of us, we would be working together.

我们两个人,可以一起工作

And...

还有

I... i...

我,我

I can't stop thinking about you.

我无法停止想念你

You're married, Jackie.

你已经结婚了,杰姬

For the wrong reasons.

是为了错误的原因结婚的

I thought you loved each other.

我以为你们彼此相爱

Not like this.

并非如此

I'm not the person I want to be.

我不是我想成为的那种人

You're who you need to be. Look at what you've achieved.

你是你需要成为的那种人,看看你取得的成绩

But you did it. You gave it all up.

但是你做到了,你放弃了全部

In a heartbeat.

转瞬之间

We're different people.

我们不是一类人

You should go.

你该走了

Put this behind you.

别想这个了

I guess it was naive to think that we could remain close.

我以为我们还可以很亲密,这种想法太天真了

So this is it?

就这样了吗

Yeah. It is.

是的,就这样了

Jackie?

杰姬

Jackie...

杰姬

She says she has it.

她说日记在她手里

She doesn't.

并没有在她手里

How do I know there aren't other copies?

我怎么知道没有其他复印件

Where do you keep your cigarettes? In the bowl up there.

你的烟灰放哪里, 那边的碗里

Why didn't you destroy it when I first asked you to?

之前我让你销毁,你为什么没有

I don't know.

我不知道

Something stopped me. Maybe I would need it one day.

某种想法阻止了我,也许我哪天用得着

For you. To prove my loyalty.

为了你,为了证明我的忠诚

You told her. I'd hardly call that loyalty.

你告诉了邓巴,很难把这种行为叫做忠诚

I had to show her I was serious.

我必须向她证明我是认真的

The journal was a way to do that.

这本日记就是方式之一

I never came close to putting it in her possession.

我从没让她接近过日记

Anything else I should know?

还有什么我应该知道的吗

I'm sober. It's been 87 days.

我很清醒,已经87天没喝酒了

I meant in regards to Dunbar.

我是说关于邓巴的事

It is related. This is a tight race.

这是有关联的,竞选中你们势均力敌

Make me your Chief of Staff.

让我当你的幕僚长

You promised.

你答应过

You promised there'd be a place for me here when I was ready.

你答应过如果我准备好了,就会有一席之地

That was before you fell off

那是在你从货车上

the wagon and walked in here with that journal.

摔下之前,在你拿着这本日记过来之前

I've made mistakes.

我犯了错误

I've fallen down more than once,

我跌倒过不止一次

and you've always been there to pick me up.

每一次你都扶持我

But you've been falling down for the past year, too,

但是过去的一年里,你也一直处在跌倒的状态

and you need someone to pick you up this time.

这次你需要有人来扶持你

It's not Remy. It's not Seth.

那个人不是雷米,不是赛斯

It's me, Frank.

是我,弗兰克

And how can I know I can ever trust you again?

我怎么知道我能够再次信任你

Because I just lit two million dollars on fire.

因为我刚刚把两百万美元付之一炬

We expect higher than usual turnout, anywhere from 180 to 220.

我们期望出席者比平常多,从180上升到220

The higher the turnout, the better.

出席者越多越好

We're stronger with women and students.

有妇女和学生的支持我们的胜算更大

We've got a GOTV Excuse me, I have to take this.

我们有一个出去投票的号召, 不好意思,我必须接这个电话

Doug? I have an update regarding the journal.

道格, 我有关于日记的最新情况

What is it? A message from the president.

是什么, 总统先生的一句话

I have only one thing to say.

我只想说一句

Go fuck yourself.

操你妈的

Christ, that felt good.

操,这感觉真爽

Start putting together a

你去拟出一份

shortlist of potential nominees for the court.

可能的大法官候选人名单

You already...? I'm on it, sir.

你已经列了, 我已经开干了,先生

Claire.

克莱尔

Want me to have them make

要不要我让楼下厨房

you something from the downstairs kitchen?

给你做点吃的

No, I ate on the plane. Just feeling a little warm.

不用,我在飞机上吃过了,就是有点热

It'll pass.

一会就好了

What did Doug say?

道格怎么说

It's destroyed.

已经销毁了

I watched him burn the page myself.

我亲眼看着他把那页纸烧掉

What about copies? He says there aren't any.

其他备份呢, 他说没有备份

And you trust him?

你相信他

He had ample opportunity to do us real damage and he didn't.

他有许多次机会可以致我们于死地,但他没有

But he held onto it for so long I believe him, Claire.

但他把日记保留了这么久, 我信任他,克莱尔

I believe him.

我信任他

And I'm gonna make him my Chief of Staff.

我还想让他做我的幕僚长

Are you out of your mind?

你疯了吗

We need him, Claire. We need him now more than ever.

我们需要他,克莱尔,我们现在比任何时候都需要他

He betrayed us, Francis! He told Dunbar about me.

他背叛了我们,弗朗西斯,他把我的事告诉了邓巴

To gain her trust, not betray ours.

那是为了赢得她的信任,而不是为了背叛我们

Look, Doug is the only person we've ever been able to trust,

道格是我们唯一能信任的人

and he played this very smart.

而且他做的很好

He never put us in any real danger.

他从不曾让我们真正身处险境

The journal is gone. She can't do anything.

那篇日记没有了,她不能把我们怎样

Why didn't you ask me before you brought him back?

你打算让道格回来前为什么不先问问我的意见

Bec We're discussing it now. After you hired him!

因为,我们现在不就在说这个吗, 在你任命过他之后

I know this must have been harrowing for you,

我知道这件事让你很焦虑

but listen, it is ov No. I don't

但是,听我说,已经没事, 我不想听

I'm starting to question all of it, Francis.

我开始怀疑这一切了,弗朗西斯

What any of it is worth. What... what are we doing this for?

这些到底有什么意义,我们做这些到底为了什么

For this house.

为了白宫

For the presidency.

为了总统这个职位

Now, look, if you need to take a few days off, that's fine.

你听我说,如果你需要休息几天,没问题

You do not have to come with me to Iowa tomorrow.

明天你不用和我一起去爱荷华州了

No. Of course, I'll be there.

不,我当然要去

Welcome back, Doug. Congratulations.

欢迎回来,道格,恭喜你

Thank you. I just wanted to get a heads up

谢谢, 我只是想知道

on when you'd like to make the formal announcement.

你打算什么时候正式宣布就职

Let's do it after the caucus.

在预选会议后吧

I don't want to draw any attention away from the campaign.

我不想任何事影响总统竞选

You probably shouldn't attend the press briefing today.

那也许你不应该出席今天的记者招待会

No. I'll take off before then.

嗯,在那之前我会离开

Here, you should see this.

你来看看这个

This just came out ten minutes ago.

10分钟前才发布的

Have you shown the president?

你给总统看过了吗

I drafted up some talking points.

我列出了一些谈话要点

I figured you'd want to brief him.

我想你可能想亲自跟他汇报

I'll be in my office.

我就在办公室

Seth.

赛斯

The president told me you asked for the job.

总统跟我说过你也想要这个职位

Yeah, I didn't realize that you were in contention.

是,我不知道要和你竞争

I don't want you to resent me.

我不想让你我因此生隙

Hey, I'm a professional.

不会,我可是有专业素养的

Let me know if you want any changes made to the talking points.

如果你想对话题做任何修改的话跟我说一声就行

I'm sure they're good.

我确定它们没有什么问题

You can share 'em with the president.

你可以拿去让总统过目

You don't want to look 'em over first?

你不用先看一眼吗

No. I trust your judgment.

不用,我相信你的判断

I can tell you that the shortlist is coming along,

我可以告诉你们候选人名单已经快出来了

and it is my intention to

我的想法是

nominate someone within the next two or three weeks.

两三周之内提名大法官

It's very important that we do this quickly,

我们要尽快完成这个事情,这很重要

so that the Senate has time for their hearings.

这样才能给参议院留出充足的时间举行听证会

And we shouldn't leave that seat empty too long anyway,

鉴于最高法院仍在运作中

while the Court is still in session.

无论如何我们都不能让这个位子空太久

Mr. President? Sara.

总统先生, 萨拉

Mr. President, would you comment on Ms. Baldwin's article

总统先生,您能不能评价一下鲍德温小姐关于

about the Jordan Valley operation?

约旦河行动的文章

I think Ms. Baldwin's article

我认为鲍德温小姐的文章

is really nothing more than speculation.

纯属推测

But the evidence... I'm sorry?

但是证据显示, 抱歉,你说什么

But the evidence she presents is convincing.

但是她提出的证据十分有说服力

Evidence? A letter?

证据,一封信

Unfortunately, I have to write

非常不幸,我也不愿意写

letters like that more often than I would like.

但是我不得不经常写很多这样的信

And I don't think it's proof of anything more than

而且我认为这除了可以证明我曾向一个

I reached out to the family of a young man

为国捐躯的年轻人的亲属表示慰问外

who sacrificed his life for our

不能证明任何其他事

country and for which I am eternally grateful.

而我将永远感激这位英勇的年轻人

Mr. President?

总统先生

Well, Ms. Baldwin, it is your article we're discussing.

鲍德温小姐,我们刚才一直在谈论你的文章

I suppose I'd get hammered

我觉得要是不让你提问的话

if I didn't allow you to ask a question.

我会被大家揍的

Thank you, Mr. President. My question is very straightforward.

谢谢您,总统先生,我的问题非常直接

You mentioned in the letter that Lieutenant Nix

在信中您提到尼克斯中尉

died in a training exercise.

死于一场例行训练

You signed this letter with your own hand.

您亲自在这封信上签了名

Can you tell us in all honesty that this is how he died?

您能告诉我们实话,他真的是这样死的吗

I can tell you that this

我可以告诉你

is exactly what the Pentagon reported to me.

五角大楼就是这样向我汇报的

And beyond that, it's not the policy of this administration

除此之外,政府和国防部都没有相关政策规定

or the Department of Defense to discuss any specifics

要研究任何特种官兵的

about any Special Forces deaths.

死因细节

May I ask one more, please?

请问,我能再问一个问题吗

I believe we're finished with that subject now.

我认为关于这个已经无需多说了

It's about Iowa.

是关于爱荷华预选的

Yes, all right. Go ahead.

好,说吧

Your wife has been doing a lot of events.

一直以来,您的妻子参与了很多的竞选活动

Did she resign her post at the United Nations because you think

她辞去联合国大使职务是不是因为您认为

she's more valuable as a campaign asset than an ambassador?

对您来说您的妻子为您助选比让她做大使更有价值

Claire has been doing a lot of events, that is true,

没错,克莱尔一直在参与很多活动

as she has in every campaign that I have ever run.

她也参与了我的每一场竞选活动

I'm hoping, I suppose my strategy is that if the American people

我的策略是,我希望美国人民能够看到

can see that I was smart enough

我一定很有能力

to marry an extraordinary woman like Claire,

才能娶到克莱尔这样完美出色的女人

well, they might think I'm

那么他们也许会想

smart enough to be President of the United States.

我也很有能力胜任美国总统

As for the ambassadorship,

关于辞去大使的工作

that was entirely her decision, not mine.

那完全是她的决定,与我无关

She enjoys campaigning, and I'm looking forward to getting back

她很享受参与竞选,我也很期待今天晚些时候

to Iowa with her a little later today.

能和她一起回到爱荷华州

Thank you all very much.

谢谢大家

We know he's somewhere near Caracas.

我们知道他在加拉加斯附近

I need him back.

我需要把他弄回来

The Venezuelans haven't been cooperating.

那些委内瑞拉人不肯合作

We have extradition.

我们有引渡条款

Doesn't mean they'll enforce.

那并不意味着他们会执行

Then get me a precise location.

那给我一个准确的位置

Why? It doesn't concern you.

为什么, 这与你无关

It does concern me. There are a lot of people at the agency

这当然与我有关,部门里有很多人

who are embarrassed that

感到很羞愧

he crossed the border without us knowing.

因为他跨越了边界线,可我们却不知情

That's not my problem.

那跟我没关系

Was it you? Passport lock?

是你吗,给他的护照解锁

The only other agency that could've lifted it is Homeland.

唯一能解锁这个的只有国土安全局

I know you have friends there. I have friends everywhere.

我知道你有朋友在那里, 我哪里都有朋友

I'm not gonna help you clean up your mess, Doug.

道格,我不会帮你收拾你的烂摊子的

Not if you helped him escape.

如果是你帮他逃跑的话

This isn't a request.

这并不是一个请求

I'm Chief of Staff to the president now.

我现在是总统的幕僚长了

He hasn't announced anyone. He will.

他还没有宣布任命任何人, 他会的

And if you want my first official

如果你想让我的第一个正式任务

task to be finding your replacement, so be it.

是找人接替你,那我无所谓

If not, you tell me where Gavin is.

如果你不想这样,那就告诉我加文在哪儿

I watched the press conference this morning.

我看了今早的新闻发布会

I think the Baldwin article will blow over.

我认为鲍德温的文章马上就会被人们淡忘

A nonstory. No legs.

纯属无中生有,站不住脚

You said it was my decision to resign.

你说辞职是我的决定

Well, it was, wasn't it?

是你的决定,不是吗

I mean, at least that's how we presented it.

我是说,至少我们对外是这么说的

I spoke with a woman yesterday in Iowa, who...

昨天在爱荷华我和一个女人聊了会天,她

said she couldn't support us...

说她不会支持我们

because she doesn't trust you.

因为她不信任你

Well, I'm not the first politician that some people don't trust.

好吧,我不是第一个被人不信任的政客

We've been lying for a long time, Francis.

我们已经说了很长时间的谎了,弗朗西斯

Of course we have. Imagine what the voters would think

是这样没错,想象一下如果我们开始说实话

if we started telling the truth.

那些选民会怎么想

Not to them.

我不是说对他们

To each other.

我是说我们彼此撒谎

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/zpwdyj/dsj/507102.html