VOA慢速英语2020 “Kindly” 和 “Please”的异同(在线收听

This week we received a question from Evewero in Nigeria.

本周,我们收到了来自尼日利亚的埃夫韦罗的提问。 

What is the difference between "please" and "kindly." Some … use the two words together, e.g. "please kindly assist." - Evewero, Nigeria

“please”和“kindly”有什么区别? 有些人……同时使用这两个单词。例如,“请友好地提供帮助。”——尼日利亚,埃夫韦罗

Dear Evewero, Thank you kindly for writing to us.

尊敬的埃夫韦罗,衷心感谢您写信给我们。 

"Kindly" can be an adverb, a word that usually describes a verb.If your teacher says, "Kindly hand in your homework," she is using kindly as an adverb to make a polite request.Another way to use the word as an adverb is:

“Kindly”可以是副词,通常用来描述动词。假设老师说:“请把作业交上来,” 她是在用副词“kindly”来礼貌地提出要求。另一种将其用作副词的方式是:

"The animal doctor always treats our pets kindly."

“兽医总是善待我们的宠物。” 

"Kindly" is also an adjective. If someone helped you at the post office, you might say:

“Kindly”也是形容词。如果有人在邮局帮助了您,您可能会说: 

"A kindly man helped me mail my letter."

“一个好心人帮我邮寄了我的信。” 

There, kindly describes "man" which is a noun. You could also use the word "nice" to express the same idea.

这里,“kindly”用来形容名词“man”。你还可使用“nice”一词来表达相同的意思。 

"Please" can be an adverb or a verb. It also can be used to make a request politely:

“Please”可以是副词或动词。它还可以用来礼貌地发出请求: 

"Would you please pass the salt?"

“请把盐递给我好吗?” 

"Please give me your homework."

“请把你的作业给我。” 

And, Americans almost always use "please" when making a request in the form of a statement as opposed to a question:

而且,美国人几乎都是使用“please”来提出请求,以陈述而非提问的形式。 

"Give me two tickets, please."

“请给我两张票。” 

"Please, sir, help us!"

“先生,请帮助我们!” 

I hope this answer "pleases" you - there, I used it as a verb.

我希望这个答案“让您满意”,这里,我将“please”用作动词。 

"Kindly" visit our website again for more lessons!

请再次访问我们的网站以获取更多课程! 

What questions do you have about English?Send us an email at [email protected].

您对英语有什么疑问吗?请给我们发送电子邮件至[email protected]。 

And thats Ask a Teacher for this week.

以上就是本周《名师答疑》的全部内容。 

Im Jill Robbins.

我是吉尔·罗宾斯。 

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/voa/2020/7/507378.html