《查莉成长日记》精讲 20(在线收听

Hey, dad, great news. I got a job.

嘿 爸爸 好消息 我找到工作了

Stop right there. I'm having the greatest dream of my life.

打住 我一生中最伟大的美梦成真了

The school's gonna pay me 100 bucks to DJ at the dance on Friday.

学校付给我一百块让我当星期五的舞会的DJ

The dream continues.

美梦依旧

I just need you to give me $200 to rent the DJ equipment.

所以你要给我两百块让我去租DJ要用的设备

And now I'm awake.

梦醒了

Hey, what was I doing in the dream?

嘿 在你的梦里我在干什么呢

You weren't saying anything, which is why I thought it was a dream.

你全程闭嘴 所以我才会认为那是个梦

P.J., why would you take a job where you're gonna lose money?

P.J. 你为什么要接一个赔钱的工作呢

Does everything always have to be about money?

难道什么事都要和钱扯上关系吗

Are you giving me the 200?

你到底给不给我二百块钱

Sorry, son. You're gonna have to come up with the money some other way.

抱歉 儿子 你得自己去想办法搞到这笔钱

Like how?

怎么搞到

Oh, I know. Get a job.

噢 我想到了 找份工作

I'll be right back.

我马上回来

Wait, where's your sister?

等等 你妹妹在哪儿呢

Don't bother her, Emmett.

别去烦她了 Emmett

Okay, where shouldn't I bother her?

好吧 她在什么我烦不到的地方呢

In the kitchen.

厨房

All right. Thanks

知道了 谢谢

Hey, Teddy bear.

嘿 泰迪熊

Hey, Emmett.

嘿 Emmett

You know this dance this Friday night is"girls ask guys," right?

你知道星期五的舞会是女孩邀请男孩的 对吧

Uh-huh.

嗯哈

You're a girl. I'm a guy.

你是个女孩 而我是个男孩

Something you want to ask me?

你有什么想跟我说的吗

Okay, Emmett, listen,

Emmett 听着

P.J. is my brother and you're his best friend.

P.J.是我的哥哥 而你是他最好的朋友

So in a way you're kind of like my brother too.

所以从某种程度上来说 你也是我的兄弟

And I can't go to the dance with my brother.

而我不能和兄弟一起去舞会

You can see why that would be wrong, right?

你也会觉得那怪怪的 对吧

This is the longest conversation we've ever had.

这是咱俩之间有史以来最长的一次对话了

Did you hear anything I just said?

你有没有听我说话啊

Something about wanting to go to the dance with a brother.

你想和自己的兄弟去舞会之类的

Emmett, I want you to listen to me very carefully.

Emmett 我要你认真听我说

I'm not going to ask you to the dance.

我是不会邀请你去舞会的

When you touch me it feels like electricity.

你碰到我的时候 那简直是触电的感觉

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/clczrjjj/509049.html