《查莉成长日记》精讲 167(在线收听

Dad, make it stop. -Make what stop? -Play baby.

老爸,快让它停下来吧。-让什么停下来 -来玩娃娃。

That. Everywhere I go there she is "play baby, play baby, play baby."

那个。我走到哪她说到哪,“玩娃娃,玩娃娃,玩娃娃”

I'm sorry, son, but somebody has finally found you likeable.

抱歉了,儿子。但你总算讨某人喜欢了。

Well, I can't take it anymore. I'm going to the library.

不管了,我受不了了。我这就去图书馆。

The library? -Yeah, dad. It's come to that.

图书馆?-没错,老爸。你没有听错。

Do you even know where the library is? -I'll find it.

你知道图书馆在哪吗?-我会找到的。

She's coming!

她来了!

Okay, are you ready with your phone?

好了,你准备好电话了吗?

Ready. Oh, hi, Mrs. Wentz. Hi, Teddy. Ivy, didn't you hear me? -No.

一切就绪。噢,嗨,温茨太太。嗨,泰迪。艾薇,你刚才没听见我吗?-没有啊。

I have been honking and screaming "Ivy" for 10 minutes.

我刚才边按喇叭边喊你“艾薇”十分钟了。

That was you? I know so many people.

那是你啊?我在这里可是颇有名气的。

Let's go. -Before that, quick question. -What?

赶紧走吧。-先别急,我想先问个问题。-什么问题?

There's a senior boy named Josh. And he invited Teddy and me to a party this weekend. Can I go?

有位学长叫乔希。然后他要请俺俩周末去参加他的派对。俺能去吗?

Now, Ivy, you know my policy. Unless I've met the boy, the answer's no.

听着,艾薇,你知道我在这方面对你的政策。除非我见过那个男孩,不然就死了这条心吧。

And I'm sure Teddy's mom said the same thing.

我也很确信泰迪的妈妈也是这么说的。

Oh well, actually I haven't asked my mom yet. Oh hey, why don't I call my mom at work and see what she says?

噢,其实我还没问我妈妈呢。噢对了,为什么我不现在给她打电话来问问看她怎么说?

It's ringing. Hi, mom. -Hi, Teddy.

通了。嗨,老妈。-嗨,泰迪。

Uh, mom, I was calling to see if I can go to a party? -Where is it?

老妈,我想问下我能去参加派对吗?-在哪?

It's at my friend Josh's house. You know Josh, right?

就在我朋友乔希家。你知道乔希吧?

I like that boy. He's very nice.

我喜欢那个男孩。他人很好。

So what do you say? Can I go to the party?

这么说来,我能去参加吗?

Honey, of course you can.

宝贝,当然了。

Thanks, mom. You're the best. All right, I don't want to keep you. Love you!

谢了,老妈。世上只有妈妈好。好了,不打扰你了。爱你!

Love you too, honey.

我也爱你,宝贝。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/clczrjjj/511244.html