《新福尔摩斯》精讲 111(在线收听

Henry, your parents both died and you were what, seven years old?

亨利 你父母都去世了 当时你是七岁左右

I know, that...That must be quite a trauma.

我想那...那一定是巨大的创伤

Now, have you ever thought that maybe you invented this story, this...to account for it?

你有没有考虑过也许是你幻想了这个故事...来掩饰这种创伤

That's what Dr Mortimer says.

莫蒂默医生也这么说

Who? His therapist. My therapist. Obviously.

谁 他的心理医生 我的心理医生 显然如此

Louise Mortimer. She's the reason I came back to Dartmoor.

露易丝·莫蒂默 她让我回到达特摩尔

She thinks I have to face my demons.

她觉得我必须面对心魔

What happened when you went back to Dewer's Hollow last night, Henry?

你昨晚回到恶魔谷后发生了什么 亨利

You went there on the advice of your therapist and now you're consulting a detective.

你听了心理医生的话回到那里 可你现在却来求助咨询侦探

What did you see that changed everything?

你看到了什么让你改了主意

It's a strange place, the Hollow. It makes you feel so cold inside, so afraid.

那处山谷很诡异 让人内心冰冷 异常恐惧

Yes, if I wanted poetry, I'd read John's emails to his girlfriends, much funnier. What did you see?

如果我想读诗 我可以读约翰给女友的电邮 比这有趣得多 直说你看到什么

Footprints. On the exact spot where I saw my father torn apart.

脚印 就在我看见我父亲被撕碎的地方

Man's or a woman's?

男人的还是女人的

Neither. They were...

都不是 那是...

Is that it? Nothing else? Footprints, is that all?

如此而已 没别的了 脚印 就这些吗

Yes. But they were...

是的 可那些脚印...

No, sorry, Dr Mortimer wins. It's a childhood trauma masked by an invented memory.

抱歉 莫蒂默医生说对了 用自编的记忆掩盖儿时的心理创伤

Boring. Goodbye, Mr Knight, thank you for smoking.

无聊 请吧 奈特先生 谢谢你的烟

What about the footprints?

可那些脚印呢

They're probably paw prints, could be anything, therefore nothing.

也许是兽爪印 什么都可能 也就是什么都没有

Off to Devon with you and have a cream tea on me.

我精神支持你 回去吃点奶油茶点吧

Mr Holmes, they were the footprints of a gigantic hound.

福尔摩斯先生 那是一头巨型猎犬的脚印

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xfemsjj/514369.html