《跟踪者》精讲 38(在线收听

We can't let the guy walk.

我们不能放那家伙走

Well, we don't have enough to hold him.

我们没有足够的证据拘留他

I can build a circumstantial case with what we have.

我可以利用已有的线索立一个相关案子

A disgruntled stalker with motive and opportunity.

一名有动机有机会,满腹牢骚的跟踪者

That's not enough for trial.

对审判来说那还不够

Put enough pressure on him, he'll plead to it.

对他施加足够的压力,他会认罪的

For the last 9 years, I worked homicide in New York city.

过去九年,我在纽约凶案组工作

I'm telling you, this guy's not a liar.

我跟你说,他不是骗子

Why is it that new yorkers remind us where they're from?

为什么纽约客们总要提醒我们他们是从哪儿来的

Now call me unpopular, but I don't think Paul did it.

我知道我不受欢迎,但我不觉得是保罗干的

Are you serious?

你没开玩笑吧

Yep.

没有

I'm with Jack.

我同意杰克说的

Paul's an emotionalhothead, but we're looking for the complete opposite of Paul.

保罗是个情绪激动脑子发热的人,但我们要找的人性格与保罗截然相反

And who would that be?

那是什么样的人呢

Male, ex-military, 30s, precision sharpshooter,

男性,退役军人,三十来岁,百发百中的神枪手

maybe green beret or some specialty team, analytical, stoic, outwardly not emotional,

也许是"绿色贝雷"或别的特种部队的,善于分析,忍耐性强,表面上不感情用事

but internally,he's eaten alive by his feelings, consumed by them.

但内心已经被感情吞没了,被情感吞噬了

The man's obsession controls him, fuels him, keeping him focused and precise.

他的执念控制着他,给予他动力,使他专心致志,细致周全

He's obsessed, and my gut sayshe's not done.

他执念深固,我的直觉是他不会就此收手

The stick's not working.

这根杆子不好用

Well, we have to do it manually.

只好手动启动了

Get the crane in.

放到起重机上

We did it. Now all we have to do is gas up and go.

成了,加满汽油我们出发

Hey. You didn't finish your dinner.

你晚饭没吃多少

Are you hungry?

饿不饿

No.

不饿

We did it! Yes!

我们办到了,太好了

Are you sure?

你确定吗

Yes.

当然

Ok.

好吧

Honey, you didn't clean your room.

宝贝,你没收拾房间

What did I say, huh?

我怎么和你说的来着

Mom, can you come help me?

妈妈,来帮我一下好吗

All right, honey.

好的,宝贝

I'm coming.

这就来

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzzjj/515050.html