欧美文化博览 阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦(11)(在线收听

But he knew Isaac Newton himself was not satisfied by that. Objects move because they are pushed.

但是他知道牛顿自己并不满意。物体移动是因为拉力作用。

Not pull, objects move because they are pushed. So what is pushing this.

不是拉力、物体移动是因为它们被推力作用。所以那是推力在作用。

Newton didn't know. So Newton simply threw his hands up.

牛顿并不知道。所以牛顿只是简单地摆了摆手。

And said "I don't know, so I'm gonna invent something called gravitational pull." And Einstein said, no, this theory can't be right.

并且说道:“我不知道,所以我要发明一种引力。”而爱因斯坦称,不,这理论不正确。

He was prepared to simply go. "I really want to solve this problem.I want to brilliantly understand the whole universe."

他准备简单的去挑战这个问题。“我真想解决这个问题。我想出色地理解整个宇宙。”

Max Planck said to him, "You can work on gravity if you want to, but two problems."

马克斯·普朗克对他说:“如果你想,你可以在重力方面工作,但有两个问题。”

You are not gonna be successful. The problem is too hard.

你是不会成功的。这个问题太难了。

And if you do, no one will believe you.

而且如果你这么做,没有人会相信你的。

It's an extremely difficult task. It's not clear where to begin or how to go about doing it at all.

这是一个极其困难的任务。目前尚不清楚从哪里开始及怎么着手去做。

Ultimately, the thing that gives him that clue turns out to be his old faithful way of reasoning--the thought experiment.

最终,给予他线索的原来是他的老忠实的推理方式——思想实验。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omwhbl/518418.html