欧美文化博览 阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦(22)(在线收听

It was the Prussian Academy of Sciences.

这将是普鲁士科学院院士。

It was the entire world of physics that had said no, bearing down and saying we want you.

整个世界的物理学都不同意,但他们仍然表示我们需要你的帮助。

Einstein did not answer the offer.

爱因斯坦没有答应这个提议。

Einstein says why don't you just go and take a trip for the rest of the afternoon up the mountain.

爱因斯坦说为什么下午你们不出去走走,去山里进行一次旅行。

He said I will meet you at the train station when you come back.

他说当你们回来的时候我会去火车站接你们。

I will be carrying a bunch of flowers.

我将带一束花。

And if the flowers are red, I'm coming to German;

如果花是红色的,我就去德国;

if the flowers are white, sorry though go, thanks for coming.

如果花是白色的,对不起,谢谢你们的光临。

I've made the argument that Einstein delayed his answer to this question in part because he sort of wanted to leave with the pleasure of being so deeply sought after.

我曾经议论过爱因斯坦会推迟对这个问题的回答,这在一定程度上是因为他想用快乐摆脱如此深的追求。

But it's certainly true that this was not simply a snapped decision.

但这确实不是简单就可以下决定的。

As he often does when he has a difficult problem to solve,

他经常也有难以解决的问题,

Einstein takes a long walk.

爱因斯坦经常散步很久。

Zurich was comfortable.

苏黎世也很舒适。

There was lots to love there, you know,

这里也有他的许多牵挂,你知道,

you don't just sort of walk away from there.

你不想离开这里。

His wife really wants to stay in Zurich.

他的妻子很想呆在苏黎世。

On the other hand, they've offered him the greatest job imaginable.

另一方面,他们已经给他安排了可以想象得到的伟大工作。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omwhbl/518429.html