《新闻编辑室》精讲 第二季 第4集 意外的结果(在线收听

You can't possibly believe this story.

你不可能相信这个故事

At what point do we have to take it seriously?

到底什么时候,我们才能认真地对待此事啊

We'll never find that out.

鬼知道呢

Find me an informed representative of the pajama party

从你们那个睡衣团体里找来一位见多识广的代表

and I will give them five minutes of national prime time

我从黄金档中抽出五分钟给他

air with Will McAvoy.

接受威尔采访

Hallie, ask the question. Don't let Jim egg you on.

哈莉,问问题啊,别让吉姆影响你

Don't change the fucking subject. Which is it?

别他妈转开话题,到底支持哪个

We can force them to answer our questions if we do it together.

如果我们齐心协力,就能强迫他们回答我们的问题

Who's with me?

谁跟我来

You and Gary are going to an orphanage in north Uganda

你和格雷要去乌干达北部的一个孤儿院

that shelters kids whose parents have been killed in the wars.

那里收留了因为战争而失去父母的孩子们

I'm going. You're going.

我要去了,你要去了

What's Willie Pete? It's white phosphorus.

威利皮特是什么,白磷

Hamni8. Americans. White smoke.

汉尼8 "美国人,白烟"

Hamni8. Burning.

汉尼8 "燃烧"

He's describing Genoa.

他说的是热那亚

My name is Rebecca Halliday.

我叫丽贝卡·哈里戴

I'm a litigator at Lowell Tiller.

我是罗威尔·提勒事务所的律师

This is my deputy, Ross Kessler,

这几位是我的副手,罗斯·凯斯勒

along with Ken Weinraub and Mark Gage.

还有肯·温劳勃和马克·盖吉

Our firm has been hired by your employer, Atlantis World Media,

事务所受雇于贵公司亚特兰蒂斯世界传媒

to represent them in a multimillion dollar wrongful termination suit.

代理一场涉及几百万索赔的非法解雇诉讼

This is not a formal proceeding. You are not under oath.

这并非正规程序,你没有宣誓说真话

Your statements, however, will be recorded

但你的陈词会被记录下来

and a full report along with part or all of your statements

但一份记录你部分或所有陈词的完整报告

may be turned over to the plaintiff as discovery.

可能会作为发现交给原告方

Do you understand? Yes.

你明白吗,明白

This is gonna be simple.

这很简单的

Your testimony revolves around two words.

你的证词围绕四个字

It happened. It happened.

确有其事,确有其事

The general didn't say that. Okay.

将军没那么说,好吧

And even if he had, he never said it on the tape.

就算他说过,他也没录下来

Whoa, whoa, whoa there, little onion.

别急啊,小辣椒

Okay.

好吧

Let me start with a really tough question

我先问你一个很刁钻的问题

and I want you to take your time and think about it.

你一定要冷静下来好好想

Are you ready? Yeah.

准备好了吗,是的

What's your name? I'm sorry?

你叫什么,什么

These guys need your full name, address,

这几位要正式记录下你的全名

and occupation for the records.

地址和职业

Margaret Claire Jordan.

玛格丽特·克莱尔·乔丹

344 East 75th Street, New York, New York.

纽约州,纽约市, 75街东344号

I'm an associate producer with ACN, Atlantis Cable News.

我是ACN亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻的助理制片人

Do you like the East Side? Yeah.

你喜欢东区吗,嗯

I don't know. I always thought the best thing about it

我不怎么喜欢,我觉得东区唯一的好处

was you got to look at the West Side.

就是能眺望西区

I'm on the third floor.

我住在三楼

My window faces another window.

我的窗户对着别人家的窗户

I just got shown a place on 5th Avenue.

我刚去看过第五大道的一套房子

High floor, wraparound terrace.

高层,全景阳台

It was listed at 17 million,

卖价1700万

but the broker thinks it's gonna go as low as 14.5.

但房产中介觉得会跌到145万

They're very motivated.

他们很积极

I looked at the same place, but I need a bigger ballroom.

我也去看过那里,但我嫌舞厅不够大

On March 22 of this year,

今年3月22日

you and Jerry Dantana conducted an interview

你和杰利·丹塔纳采访了

with General Stanislaus Stomtonovich.

斯坦尼斯洛斯·斯托姆托洛维奇将军

Am I pronouncing the name correctly? Yes.

我念的对吗,对

Those Dutch don't make it easy, do they? It's Polish.

荷兰人可真烦人,是吧,是波兰名字

I know, but I just have a thing about the Dutch.

我知道,可我就是不爽荷兰人

The interview was conducted at his home

采访是在他家中进行的

in Silver Spring, Maryland? Yes.

地点是马里兰州的银泉,对

Every four years, we give these guys a gold medal in flukentot

每四年,我们都发给他们一块flukentot的金牌

when they grew up having to flukentot to school.

他们长大了得flukentot去学校了

Who? The Dutch.

谁,荷兰人

I'm Dutch. Well, then fuck you.

我就是荷兰裔的,那去你的吧

Look, it's not like I don't know what this is gonna be about

听着,我了解这是怎么回事

and I also understand the strategy

而且我也懂你的策略

of trying to rattle someone before an interview.

在采访之前搅乱对方的心绪

That's not what I'm doing.

我没有这个意思

I'm trying to see if you laugh anymore.

我想知道你是不是还会笑

I make these guys laugh all the time.

我总是逗他们笑

Don't I?

是不是

I crack these guys up.

我能让他们乐爆了

I am known as a funny lawyer. You should check me out.

我是出了名的幽默律师,你该去查查我

I have checked you out, Rebecca,

我查过了,丽贝卡

and you don't handle wrongful termination suits.

你不处理非法解雇的诉讼

You're a First Amendment lawyer. I am.

你专攻第一修正案(新闻出版自由),没错

And I haven't read the other ones yet, but they're on the list.

我还没看其他的修正案,有时间会看的

Well, I'd like to once and for all

我想一次把话说明白了

abudiate the notion that I am messed up.

我的确心里很乱

Once and for all. I understand.

不要再提了,我理解

Thank you. But I'm gonna challenge you on abudiate.

谢谢,但我要试试你有多确定

Yeah, there's no such word. Then why'd you use it?

那不是一个词,那你还说

Because I am funny, too.

因为我也挺幽默

We are going to expel or dismiss or expunge

我们要把我受了创伤的事

the notion that I am damaged.

彻底抛开

I'm hardly the only person in my newsroom who's ever seen a dead guy.

我又不是我们新闻编辑室里唯一见过死人的

And that part of this case would be hanging on my

而这件案子将部分取决于我的...

I don't know what to call it. State of mind.

我不知道该怎么说,精神状态

Seriously, that part of this case would be hanging on my state of mind

说真的,这案子将部分取决于我的精神状态

six months later, by the way, when we interviewed Stomtonovich...

都过去六个月了,对斯托姆托洛维奇的采访

Dutch son of a bitch. ...is insane.

荷兰混蛋,不可思议

I'm not kidding. I know.

我没开玩笑,我知道

I'm here to help you abudiate.

我就是来帮你确定的

That's what we're doing this morning. Okay.

我们今早就是来干这个的,好吧

So you're gonna have to tell me about Africa.

你得告诉我在非洲发生的事

The fact that you're even asking implies that it's relevant.

你既然要问那么这事就是有关系

The fact that it's in Jerry Dantana's affidavit implies it is relevant.

这件事既然在杰利·丹塔纳的宣誓书里那么它就有关系

He says that you were on prescription medications

他说你从非洲回来后

when you came back from Africa,

你在服用处方药

probably a series of SSRIs,

可能是SSRI

serotonin reuptake inhibitors. I wasn't.

血清素再吸收抑制剂,我没有

And that you're in no position

而且你完全不能作证

to say whether Stomtonovich said... It happened.

说斯托姆托洛维奇有没有说... 确有其事

...it happened. He didn't say it.

那是否真有其事,他没说

What I would do if I were them is I would put you in front of a jury

如果我是他们,我一定让你出庭作证

and I would make you tell the Africa story

逼你讲出在非洲发生的事

and I would be good and sure that you broke down while you were telling it.

并且保证让你故事讲到一半就崩溃

They're free to try.

让他们放马过来吧

Well, I'd like to get a first look at how it's gonna go.

可我想先看看会是什么情况

Gary Cooper and I flew to Uganda.

格雷·库柏和我飞去了乌干达

Is his name really Gary Cooper?

他真的叫格雷·库柏吗

Yes.

是的

Oh, I laugh every time I read that.

我每次读到都想笑

I can't wait to meet him.

我等不及会会他了

Why did you fly to Uganda?

你为什么要去乌干达

I pitched a story about the hundred US combat troops

我要写一篇报道,关于几百名美军士兵

that were sent to hunt for Joseph Kony,

被派去找约瑟夫·科尼

who's the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army.

他是圣主抵抗军领袖

In exchange for access to Camp Kasenyi,

为了能进入卡塞尼营地

which is our forward operating base out of Kampala,

那里有我们坎帕拉的前线工作基地

the Pentagon's Public Affairs people wanted us to shoot some film

我们受五角大楼公共事务部委托拍摄

of soldiers building an addition onto an orphanage.

士兵增建一所孤儿院的影片

That's a sad project when you think about it.

仔细想想真是令人伤心的工程

Yeah, I could fall apart any second.

是啊,我随时都会伤心欲绝

I wasn't baiting you.

我没引你啊

When did you and Gary leave?

你和格雷什么时候走的

A year ago September. The night of September 30.

一年前九月, 9月30日晚

How do you get to Uganda?

你们怎么去乌干达的

Practice.

按照惯例

You fly to Dubai and get a connecting flight to Entebbe.

飞抵迪拜,转机恩德培

We left straight from the newsroom right before

我们直接从新闻编辑室出发的,就在...

right before God,

就在...天呐

right before Will

就在威尔

just murderlized this woman from OWS.

"干掉"了占领华尔街的一个女人之后

Gary and I watched it in the cab.

我和格雷在车上看到了

The new Fox News poll has the former Massachusetts governor

福克斯新闻的新民调显示前马萨诸塞州长

back in the lead with 23% of Republicans,

在共和党选举中以23%夺回领先地位

followed by Rick Perry with 19%

紧随其后是里克·佩里, 19%

and 17% for Herman Cain,

赫尔曼·凯恩是17%

reflecting a big boost for the former Godfather's Pizza CEO.

前教父披萨CEO有大幅提升

On the other side of the break,

广告之后

I'll have one of the early organizers

我将请来占领华尔街运动的

of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

最早发起者之一

We'll be right back. Three minutes back.

马上回来,三分钟

We're leaving.

我们要出发啦

Souvenirs, let's go. Shout them out.

纪念品,要什么,赶紧说

I would like any traditional tribal weapon

只要是部落武器就行

short spears, hooks, sticks, bows.

短矛,钩子,棍棒,弓箭

They're not gonna let them pass security with short spears.

随身携带短矛是没法通过安检的

And I'll have an intern get you local sticks.

我会叫个实习生帮你搞来个本地棍棒的

Who's next? A silk Kaznu.

下一个,一件丝质坎祖

That's a colorful wrap dress. Yeah.

色彩艳丽的裹身裙,对

Got about two and a half minutes.

还有两分半钟

I got a lot of friends who think this is a bad idea.

我的很多朋友觉得这不是一个好主意

How many? I don't know, a lot.

有多少,不知道,很多

It's just that it's a unit of measurement

"我的许多朋友"这个计量单位

I hear invoked more and more. "A lot of my friends."

我最近听到的越来越多了

Mainstream media's been making

打一开始主流媒体就让我们

us look like idiots since this thing started.

看起来像傻瓜一样

Don't refer to the mainstream media out there.

上节目时,别提主流媒体

It always sounds like a losing team complaining about the ref.

听起来总像是落后的一队在抱怨裁决

'Cause that's what you always make it sound like.

这是你们造成的

Excuse me one second.

抱歉我离开一会儿

Two minutes.

两分钟

We've spidered every social networking site

我们已经在所有的社交网站

and public board looking for Hamni8.

和公共栏中搜索汉尼8

We've sent an email to Hamni8 at every public domain,

往汉尼8@所有公共域名都发了邮件

including the ISPs most likely to service that region.

包括当地用户对多的网络服务商

We've got some bounce backs, but no responses.

有几个邮箱账号存在,但都没有回应

We're out of here.

咱们走吧

What's going on?

怎么了

Late Wednesday night, they found a tweet

星期三晚上,我们发现一条来自

from a user in the area, Hamni8.

当地名为汉尼8的用户的推文

A fast series of tweets where he describes Genoa.

一连串推文,描述的是热亚行

We think he's describing Genoa. He is describing it.

我们认为他在描述热那亚,他就是在描述它

Jesus. He's dead.

天啊,他一定是死了

We don't know that. What's the other option?

还不能确定,还有别的可能吗

That he can't afford his cell plan anymore. Come on

没准他的手机欠费了,得了吧

In most of the developing world,

在大多数发展中国家

phones and plans are extremely expensive

话费套餐相对于收入来讲

relative to income, and

是笔很贵的开销

almost all are prepaid. This was two years ago.

大多数是预付费的,两年过去了

He's standing there describing gas being dropped on a village.

他站在那儿,描述村庄被投毒气

Then the tweets stop and

接着推文没有后续了

you think it's because his cell plan ran out?

你居然认为是他的手机欠费了

Maybe they stopped then because we were jamming their frequency.

也许是因为我们干扰了频率才停下的

I'm saying it's years later. Fuck!

我的意思是,都过去几年了,操

It's just gone. I need to get Shelly.

就这么断了,我来接谢莉

It's time.

时间到了

What do we do now?

现在怎么办

Something's got to fall into our lap.

最好天上掉点馅饼下来

Something's got to fall out of the sky and right into our lap.

馅饼从天而降,正好掉到我们嘴里

A preposterous stroke of luck has to occur.

只能盼着行大运了

Neal, I meant to tell you.

尼尔,我想告诉你来着

A guy down at OWS was telling a campfire story OWS

有个男的,讲过一个篝火故事

about working for an NGO and getting the NGO shut down

说他曾为一家NGO工作(Nongovernmental organization:非政府组织)

by the Pakistani government because he wrote a report

因其写了一篇报道使该组织被巴基斯坦政府勒令关闭

saying US troops used chemical weapons on civilians.

报道提到美军在平民身上使用化学武器

You should talk to him.

你应该找他谈谈

You can just follow me, okay?

跟我来,好吗

Wait, what? Did that just

等下,你说什么,这不就是...

Shelly, wait! Stop!

谢莉,等下,等等

What did you say?

你刚说什么

The Pakistani shut down the NGO.

巴基斯坦政府关闭了NGO

She needs to be in the studio. No. What was the reason?

她得去演播室了,等下,原因是什么

He wrote a report that

他写了一篇报道

said US troops were using chemical weapons.

提到美军使用化学武器

What's his name? I don't know.

他叫什么名字,我不知道

Does he tend to hang out in the same place

他会每晚都到祖科蒂公园

in Zucotti Park every night? We are not hanging out.

去聚会吗,我们不是搞聚会的

Neal. I understand.

尼尔,我明白

Yes, he's in the same place every night.

是,他每晚都到同一个地方

Yes, I can take you there.

行,我可以带你去找

Take her to the studio.

带她去演播室吧

This way.

这边请

Okay. Okay.

好了,莫激动

30 seconds back.

30秒

And here comes dinner.

砧板上的肉来了

How you doing? Good, thank you.

你好吗,我很好,谢谢你

Yeah, I got it. I'm sorry?

我知道了,您说什么

I was talking to my producer.

我和制片人说话来着

How do I look? Good.

我看起来怎样,不错

No, producer again.

抱歉,还是和制片人

Is he just screwing with her?

他故意耍她吗

Come on. In three, two...

别这样, 3 2

It's been two weeks since a group of protesters

两周前,一群抗议者

began camping out in Zucotti Park here in New York City.

开始在纽约祖科蒂公园安营露宿

The Occupy Wall Street movement has turned to social media

占领华尔街运动转向社交媒体

and held marches through the streets of the financial district.

并在金融区的各街道上举行了游行

Here in the studio today is one of the leaders

今天来到演播室的是占领华尔街运动的

of Occupy Wall Street, Shelly Wexler.

其中一位领导者,谢莉·韦克斯勒

Don't take the bait. Shelly, thanks for being with us.

别上钩,谢莉,感谢你来到这里

It's good to be here, but I am not one of the leaders of OWS.

很高兴能来,但我不是领导者

We don't have leaders. Is that a good idea?

我们没有领导者,这样好吗

Not having leaders? Yeah.

没有领袖吗,是的

Yes, because this way, everyone's sure to have a voice.

很好啊,每个人都能发出自己的声音

Sounds like a lot of people talking at once.

听起来像是很多人在同时发声

But tell us in a few words what OWS is protesting.

请简单告诉大家OWS在抗议什么

We are protesting a variety of issues

我们抗议各种各样的问题

the coopting of the government by the rich,

官商勾结

the lack of any prosecution for the crimes that led to the collapse of 2008,

对导致2008年的经济奔溃的犯罪起诉不力

Citizens United, social inequality.

联合公民案,社会不平等(联合公民诉联邦选举委员会案,最高法院裁决允许商业机构无上限地资助选举候选人)

So not any particular thing?

所以没什么具体的事宜

Not one particular thing.

不是具体的哪件事

You're protesting against lots of things?

你们在抗议许多事情

The list of things we're protesting against

我们要抗议的事情

is as varied as the protesters themselves.

如同参与抗议的人员一样繁多

I've seen protesters holding signs that say, "We are the 99%."

我看到抗议者举着"我们是99%"的标语

Yes. I am the 1%.

是的,我是那1%

Some people would say I'm overpaid, but I'm not.

可能会有人说我的报酬过多,但并非如此

I'm paid exactly what the market will bear,

我的报酬符合市场能够承受的程度

which means I'm paid what I'm worth.

意思是我的高薪和我的价值相匹配

So which system would you replace capitalism with?

那么你想用什么体系来替代资本主义呢

We wouldn't I wouldn't replace it with any system.

我们不想,我不想用什么体系来替换

I would make the system fairer.

我想要使这个体系更加公平

By passing new laws? Yes.

通过颁布新的法律吗,是的

It's Congress who does that. Yes.

那是国会该做的事,是的

It's legislation like doddFrank that the banks really fear, right?

银行惧怕的,是多德弗兰克法案那样的法律,对吗

Yes.

是的

If your congressman or your senator

如果你们的众议员或参议员

or the Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee

又或是众议院金融服务委员会主席

or the Speaker of the House wanted to hear the demands

或是众议院议长愿意倾听OWS的需求

of OWS, who would they meet with?

他们该和哪位会面

We're not looking for a meeting.

我们并不期待与他们会面

They wouldn't be able to meet with anyone, right?

他们见不了任何人,对吧

I'm trying to find the virtue of a leaderless movement

我挖空心思想,无领袖运动有何优点

where everyone's voices are heard.

不过就是人人都能发表自己的声音

That isn't the point.

那并不是重点

We want everyone to look at Occupy Wall Street

我们想要大家关注占领华尔街的运动

and ask themselves the question, "Why is this happening?"

然后自问,这一切为什么会发生

I think that's been taken care of.

大家正想着呢

But what happens after people ask themselves that?

但当人们自问之后,会发生什么呢

Change, we hope. How?

希望是改变,如何改变

The same way change has always happened.

正如所有改变发生的那样去改变

What is your bestcase scenario for how this ends?

你想象中这场运动的最好结局会是如何

That it doesn't end. Oh, God.

它不会完结,天啊

That it doesn't end? That's right.

希望不会完结,对

Even if you put the heads of the banks in jail,

即使你们将银行的首脑投入牢狱

overturn a Supreme Court decision,

推翻最高法院的裁决

ensure greater social equality and give everybody money,

确保更高的社会公平度,给所有公民以金钱

you're still going to be sleeping in Zucotti Park?

你们还是会睡在祖科蒂公园吗

Like most of the media,

你们和大多数媒体一样

I don't think you're taking this seriously.

并没有认真对待这场运动

Is there any chance that's because you're not?

有没有可能是因为你们自己也不认真呢

Hey, it didn't go that badly. Fuck off!

不算很差,滚远点

Come on. I am humiliated and in shock.

别这样,我真是又丢脸又震惊

This whole thing is messed up

整件事搞砸了

and he's a fucking asshole, by the way.

他是一个大混蛋

He's not.

他不是的

Trying to be funny at the expense of the guest.

为显风趣,拿嘉宾开涮

I don't think it was as bad as you think.

没有你想象得那么糟

Which way do I go to get out of here?

从哪边出去

You need to take me to the guy. What?

你得带我去找那男的,什么

The guy in the park.

公园里的那男的

You think I'm disposed to doing you a favor?

你觉得我还会帮你的忙吗

No, Shelly. Shelly, we need to meet this guy.

别,谢莉,谢莉,我们得见到那个人

We need to read the report he wrote. No.

读他写的报告,没门

Shelly. Forget it.

谢莉,别想了

No, I can't tell you what this is about,

我不能告诉你,事关什么

but it's way too important to use as a payback

但事关重大,你不能用来报复...

I could have gone anywhere. I did this as a favor to you.

我想上哪家节目都行,这是帮了你一个忙

I need you to take me to this guy.

我需要你带我去见那个人

Then we're both having a bad night.

看来,今晚我俩都倒霉透了

He didn't do anything to you. You tanked.

他没对你怎样,你自己不给力

She's gone.

她走了

Good evening. Welcome to the Radisson Concord.

晚上好,欢迎来到雷迪森·康科德酒店

Good evening. We're with the Romney Press Corps.

晚上好,我们是罗姆尼新闻记者团的

Three rooms under James Harper,

三间房间分别是詹姆斯·哈珀

Hallie Shea and...

哈莉·谢伊以及...

You know what? I don't know your first name.

对了,我不知道你名字是啥

I'm sorry. Stillman's my first name.

抱歉,我叫斯提尔曼

Stillman's your first name? Yeah.

斯提尔曼是你的名字吗,对

What's your last name? Frank.

那你姓什么,弗兰克

You sure it's not the other way around?

你确定不是反过来吗

It's three rooms. Harper, Frank, and Shea.

有三间房间,哈珀,弗兰克和谢伊

I'm sorry, I'm not seeing anything.

抱歉,查不到

You said you were with the Romney bus?

你说你们是罗姆尼大巴上的吗

Yeah.

The Romney Press Corps is all checked in.

罗姆尼新闻记者团全都已经入住了

I understand what's happened.

我知道什么情况了

We got off the Romney bus. Oh, 'cause you said you were

我们下了罗姆尼大巴,但你说...

Yeah, we're still covering the campaign, we're just

我们还在报道竞选,只是...

it's not we're staging a protest.

不是...我们在抗议示威

I don't want to bore you with the details.

我不想说得太多惹你们烦

It has to do with accountability and access and just

我们是为了责任,知情权以及公正...

so we got off the bus

总之,我们下了车

and now I understand that the campaign

现在据我理解,竞选团队

isn't going to be arranging our hotel. Does that make sense?

不再安排我们的住宿了,我说明白了吗

No, you should explain it some more.

没有,你得说得更详细些

So we'll need three rooms.

我们需要三间房

I'm sorry. We're very full with the campaign staff and the press.

抱歉,竞选员工和新闻媒体已经住满了

I'm showing I have one room.

只有一间房

That was a predictable plot twist, don't you think?

这情节太好猜了吧

Hey, guys. What do you say, Slim Jim?

诸位,感觉如何,弱鸡吉姆

Checking in. I thought you said the press was checked in.

办入住呢,你不是说媒体都已经入住了

The press that's on the bus, the press we're responsible for.

我指在车上的媒体,我们负责的媒体

Ah, not the freedom riders. We have a room.

而不是那些自由骑士了,我们有一间房了

I have seven rooms. Of course.

我有七间,那是自然

Six of which I'm willing to

我愿意把其中六间

rent out to anyone who says, "Romney rocks."

租给任何说"罗姆尼很赞"的人

I'll say "Romney rocks"

我也会说"罗姆尼很赞"

If you give me 30 minutes with the candidate.

只要你让我和候选人见上三十分钟

Why do you keep asking

你为什么一直问

when you know the answer is going to be no?

明知道答案会是不行

So I can say I kept asking.

这样我才能说,我一直在问

I hate the press in ways you can't even comprehend.

我对媒体憎恶之深,你是无法理解的

I can comprehend the ways. And hating the press

我能理解,而且憎恶媒体

is an excellent credential for a press officer.

是新闻发言人的重要资质

We'll be in the bar or on our halfempty floor.

要找我们,可以去酒吧,或是我们半空的楼层找

Two queen beds?

两张双人床吗

Can we get a cot? Absolutely.

能加一张小床吗,当然

And some walls? It's one night.

再加几堵墙,就一晚上而已

I call the cot. Got it.

我要小床,明白

These things aren't supposed to happen to me. I went to Vassar.

我这也太沦落了,我可是瓦萨学院毕业的

Did you like it? Yeah.

喜欢那儿吗,当然

And Vassar versa, I'm sure.

我猜瓦萨也很喜欢你

How long you been keeping that one in your pocket?

你这句话憋多久了

A while.

很久了

My friend's plane is about to take off for Uganda.

我朋友的飞机马上起飞去乌干达了

Why is she going to Africa?

她为什么去非洲

He. A guy named Gary Cooper.

是他,一个叫加里·库珀的人

New York to Dubai to Entebbe.

从纽约去迪拜,然后去恩德培

Yeah. Emirates first class.

对,阿航头等舱

It's like flying in the Bellagio.

简直是坐着百乐宫(美国豪华酒店)去啊

So you have a comprehensive understanding of our operating budget.

你对我们的活动预算非常了解啊

I'm just saying. Talent and EPs fly first class,

我就是这么一说,主播和制片人坐头等舱

senior producers fly business,

高级制片人坐商务舱

and Gary and I get ducttaped to the wing.

格雷和我只能坐经济舱

What time did you land in Entebbe?

你们什么时候到达恩德培的

Around 8:00 A.M. Local time.

当地时间早上八点

We were picked up by a fixer named Ronald.

一个叫罗纳德的接头人接的我们

He works for ACN?

他在ACN工作吗

We don't have a bureau in Africa.

我们在非洲没有办事处

He's freelance.

他是自由职业

He works for National Geographic Channel,

供职于国家地理频道

"The Amazing Race," That kind of thing.

《极速前进》之类的栏目

The Army doesn't trust us much,

军方不太信任我们

so before we could go to the base in Kasenyi,

所以在我们能去卡塞尼的基地之前

we had to go to the orphanage,

得先去孤儿院

which was in the Nakapiripirit District in the Karamoja region.

在卡拉莫亚的纳卡皮里皮里特区

Excuse me, how do you spell Nakapiripirit?

打断一下,纳卡皮里皮里是怎么拼的

Two As and four Is.

两个A和四个I

It's a fourtonine hour drive depending on the condition of the roads.

根据路况,四到九个小时车程

What condition could the roads possibly be

路况得是什么样

that the drive time fluctuates four to nine hours?

驾驶时长才能有这么大的差异

Sometimes there's mud. Sometimes there's a genocide.

有时路上满是泥浆,有时路上满是尸体

But there wasn't much of either that day,

但那天没出什么状况

so we got there by early afternoon.

所以我们下午很早就到了

Gary rode in back for 100 miles

格雷在车顶站了100英里

'cause Ronald told him he was gonna see drug lords.

因为罗纳德告诉他,能见到毒枭

Drug lords?

毒枭个屁

You're an idiot.

你真是太蠢了

There were no drug lords.

才没有什么毒枭

And I didn't see one animal I haven't seen in my apartment.

目力所及的动物全都见过

We were met by Lt. Bill Casey,

接待我们的是比尔·凯西中尉

the Community Relations coordinator for the 490th Civil Affairs Battalion.

第490民政事务营的社区关系协理员

Bill Casey. I'm the Community Relations Coordinator

我是比尔·凯西,第490民政事务营的

for the 490th Civil Affairs Battalion. Maggie Jordan.

社区关系协理员,我是玛姬·乔丹

Gary Cooper. Nice to meet you, Lieutenant.

格雷·库珀,幸会,中尉

Is your name really Gary Cooper?

你的名字真是格雷·库珀吗

You'd think I'd have gotten tired of that by now.

我早就习惯这个问题了

We didn't have that much time.

我们时间有限

We just wanted to get it over with,

只想尽快完事

so Gary started getting Broll of the soldiers.

格雷开始拍摄士兵的访问

Kids here have either lost their families

孩子们都因为种族冲突

to regional conflicts, HIV/AIDS, malaria.

艾滋或者疟疾失去了家人

This project lets us give the kids medical checkups,

这个项目让我们给孩子们做体检

books, textbooks.

给他们书,课本

Right now they've got two rooms

他们现在有两个房间

a classroom and a living quarters.

一间教室和一间住宿

We're building another two rooms here today.

我们正在建造另外两间屋子

One of the things they have there are cattle raiders.

他们这儿有一种偷牛贼

Cattle raiders? Yeah.

偷牛贼吗,对

They're heavily armed, usually with AK47s,

他们配备了重装武器,比如AK47

and they come and steal your cattle.

他们会来偷走你的牛

And then rape and kill people.

然后对平民奸淫掳掠

After we'd gotten enough film on the soldiers, we went inside.

我们拍够了士兵的片子,就进屋去了

Asia! Good.

亚洲,很好

South America! Good.

南美洲,很好

North America! Excellent!

北美洲,棒

Antarctica!

南极洲

That's where I'm from.

我就是从那儿来的

I'm Pastor Moses. You must be Maggie Jordan.

我是摩西牧师,你一定是玛姬·乔丹

Yes, sir. The children are learning geography.

是的,孩子们在学地理

Don't let me stop you.

别让我影响了你们

No. No, no, no! They think the camera's a gun.

别别别,他们以为摄像机是枪

Put the camera down. Children.

放下摄像机,孩子们

It's okay. Shh, it's okay.

没事的,放轻松,没事的

And they thought you were cattle raiders?

他们以为你们是偷牛贼

Yeah.

And that's it? That's what happened?

就是这事吗,这就是事情经过吗

I'm sorry? That's what happened?

什么,这就是事情经过吗

No.

What? Friday night, the woman from OWS

怎么了,周五晚上, OWS的女嘉宾

Shelly Wexler. She said there's a guy at Zucotti Park

谢莉·韦克斯勒,她说在祖科蒂公园

who wrote a report for an NGO in Pakistan

有个人给巴基斯坦一家NGO写了一篇报道

that got the NGO shut down by the Pakistani government.

导致那家NGO被巴基斯坦政府关闭

The report was about the US using chemical weapons.

那篇报道是关于美国使用化学武器

You didn't get the name of the guy who wrote the report?

你没问到写报道的人的名字吗

She doesn't know the name of the guy,

她不知道那人的名字

only where he hangs out in the park.

只知道他经常去公园

You should have got her to take you there after she was done.

你该让她采访结束后,带你去那儿的

Well, that was the idea, but then after the interview with Will,

是这么打算的,但威尔的采访结束后

she was angry and bolted.

她一怒之下,扬长而去了

How angry? She punched me in the stomach.

有多生气,她朝我肚子来了一拳

She's probably calmed down by now.

也许她现在冷静下来了

I called her all weekend and she's willing to negotiate.

我整个周末都在打她电话,她愿意协商

We're not paying her. She doesn't want money.

我们不会给她钱,她不要钱

She wants an apology. Apologize.

她要道歉,那去道歉啊

First of all, I did.

首先,我道歉了

Second, she doesn't want the apology from me.

第二,她不要我的道歉

And third, she punched me in the stomach really hard.

第三,她打我肚子打得真的很重

Who does she want the apology from?

她想要谁去道歉

Will. Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

威尔,这不可能

On air.

而且得在电视上

She wants an onair apology from Will?

她想让威尔在直播中公开道歉

Yeah. That's insane.

是的,天方夜谭

She found him smug. Me, too.

她觉得他自以为是,我也觉得

He wouldn't have to mean it or anything. Forget it.

他也不需要真心道歉啊,你放弃吧

This is it. The trail is cold after this.

成败就在于此,线索到这可就断了

Couldn't you maybe convince him to take one for the team?

难道你就不能让他为团队牺牲一下

Will is not aware of Genoa.

威尔不知道热那亚行动

Do you mind if I ask why not?

我能问问是为什么吗

Because. Because?

因为,因为

Because I might need him for the red team.

因为我可能需要他当红队

So you believe it? No, I

这么说你相信,不,我

No, it's just

不,我只是

Look, it's a completely unbelievable story,

这故事太离奇了

but I can't ignore evidence.

但我不能无视证据

It's not like I'm in Congress.

我又不是国会成员

If you believe it enough to be thinking about a red team,

如果你已经打算建红队

you believe it enough.

那就说明你足够相信

You have to talk to Will.

你必须找威尔谈谈

How'd you lose a bus, Jim?

你怎么会跟丢一辆巴士,吉姆

It's a bus.

那是一辆巴士啊

It's big and it's slow.

又大,又慢

And it's a bus.

而且,那是一辆巴士啊

You let a big bus get away.

你居然让一辆大巴跑了

This is a nice picture of her. Who?

她这张照片挺好看的,谁

Maggie.

玛姬

I shouldn't have turned around to look.

我不该转过身去看的

Mmhmm. Everybody all right?

是吗,大家都没事吧

I'm good.

我没事

That's me.

我的电话

You paired your phone to the car?

你把你的电话跟车配对连接了

I got here first.

先到先得

Hello? Hallie, what the hell is going on?

你好,哈莉,你搞什么飞机

Why is everybody but us writing about the job speech

为什么别人都在报道罗姆尼将在拉斯维加斯

Romney's gonna give in Las Vegas?

发表关于就业的演讲,就我们没写

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, Evan.

我知道,对不起,埃文

The rest of the press corps got an advanced copy.

记者团里其他人预先拿到了演讲稿

Why didn't you? I wasn't on the bus.

你怎么没拿到,我不在巴士上

You said this stunt wasn't gonna fuck anything up.

你说过你搞的花样不会耽误报道

It won't. It just did.

不会的,已经耽误了

I'm at all the campaign stops

我正跟着竞选团队

and I'll be in Vegas for the speech.

演讲的时候我也会在维加斯

But everybody else got an advanced copy

但别人都先拿到了稿子

and they're writing about it.

他们已经在写了

We look like we're doing this from home.

我们看起来就像窝在家里没出门一样

We've got something they don't.

我们有他们没有的东西

What? Guts.

什么,勇气

I couldn't be less in the mood for you to be a wiseass, Hallie.

我现在没心情听你油嘴滑舌,哈莉

I'm giving you $500 a week plus expenses.

我每星期给你500美元外加开销补助

To be fair, you're not giving it to me. You're paying it to me.

准确地说,不是给我,是支付我

No, if I don't get something back,

不,如果我看不到回报的话

I'm giving it to you.

我就是送给你了

So unless you want to put on heels and fuck me for an hour,

所以除非你想穿上高跟鞋跟我干上一小时

you need to stop being a little bitch.

停止婊子干的事,好好跟新闻

Yeah. Tell me if you can't do this

好吧,如果你做不来,告诉我

so I can find someone who can. No.

我好去找其他人代替你,不

No, I can do this.

不,我做得来

You left "The Denver Post" for that?

你就为了这种工作离开了《丹佛邮报》

Feel free to be superior.

尽情嘲笑我吧

He doesn't set the bar very high.

他让嘲笑变得异常简单

The world's first fat tax was announced in Denmark.

丹麦宣布征收世界上首个脂肪税

That's mean. How?

好残忍啊,为什么

Taxing people who are overweight?

对体重超标的人征税

No, imbecile. It's not a tax on people.

不是,笨蛋,这不是对胖人征税

It's a tax on saturated fat.

而是对食品征收饱和脂肪税

But you're right, that would have been mean.

不过按你的理解,的确很残忍

About an hour ago

大约一小时前

on "Fox and Friends,"

在《福克斯和他的小伙伴们》上

Hank Williams Jr. compared

小汉克·威廉姆斯把

Boehner and Obama playing golf

博纳与奥巴马打高尔夫球

to Hitler and Netanyahu playing golf.

比作希特勒与内塔尼亚胡打高尔夫球

Tell me something and tell it to me straight.

简洁明了地告诉我一件事

Who is Hank Williams Jr.?

小汉克·威廉姆斯是谁

He was a country music star until about an hour ago.

直到一小时前,他都是个乡村音乐明星

"Pentagon has decided

国防部决定

military chaplains may now perform oral sex."

军队牧师现在可以进行口交了

What?

什么

Give me my real rundown.

把真的台本给我

Idiots.

一群傻帽

"The Pentagon has decided military chaplains

国防部决定军队牧师

may now perform samesex marriages."

从今可以开始主持同性婚姻

And, Kendra, I apologize, but the "Washington Post"

肯德拉,我先给你道个歉

reported last night that Rick Perry

昨晚的《华盛顿邮报》上说里克·佩里

leases a hunting ranch called Niggerhead.

租了一个猎场,名叫"黑鬼头"

I accept your apology on behalf

我代表这间屋子里所有黑人

of all the black people in the room.

接受你的道歉

I get that that was a thinly veiled It wasn't veiled.

我明白你这是委婉的,我没有委婉

Okay. "Obama defends loan to Solyndra,

好吧,奥巴马为索林佐公司辩护

calling it a good"

称它是

Stop doing that!

别这样吓人了

Good morning.

早上好

What happened with the tweet from Hamni8?

汉尼8的推特调查得怎么样了

They can't find Hamni8. But something else happened.

他们找不到汉尼8,但有其他线索

The woman from OWS who was on Friday night

周五那晚上节目的"占领华尔街"的女人

Has murdered Will? She's not happy.

她把威尔杀了吗,她现在很不开心

And that's relevant because she says that a guy

她和这事有联系,因为她说

who hangs out in her area at Zucotti Park

有个人经常在祖科蒂公园里她那一带出现

has mentioned a report he wrote for an NGO in Pakistan

他为巴基斯坦一家NGO写了篇报道

about us using chemical weapons.

内容有关美国使用化学武器

She was gonna lead Neal

她本来要在下节目后

and Jerry there after the show, but then

带尼尔和杰利去见他,但是

She met Will. Yeah.

她见识了威尔,对

Well, fix that. How?

想办法补救,怎么补救

You put a help wanted ad in the paper

你在报纸上登出招聘广告

for someone who can do your job.

招人来做你的工作

Good. Anything else?

讽刺得好,还有吗

I just want to know that it didn't happen.

我真希望这事没有真的发生

That's not easy to do.

这可很难证明

You should include in the ad

在招聘广告里,你应该说明

that applicants need to be able to do hard things.

应聘者必须能做艰难决定

Got it.

够了

When's Jim coming back from New Hampshire?

吉姆何时从新罕布什尔回来

Soon. He gets paid way too much for an embed.

很快,作为随行记者,他工资太高

Do you know what we pay embeds?

你知道我们怎么给随行记者发工资吗

Some weeks it's in coupons.

有时直接发优惠券

I'll see you later.

回头见

Kendra, run the meeting. I'll be back in a minute.

肯德拉,你先主持会议,我马上回来

Okay.

好的

Good morning.

早上好

Hi. So, great news.

好,好消息来了

Let me tell you something about liberals.

我来给你说说自由派们

He didn't paint the word on the rock.

那词不是他写在石头上的

His father didn't paint the word on the rock.

也不是他父亲写在石头上的

And the word was painted over after his family leased the ranch.

而且他家租了猎场后,把这词涂掉了

You're absolutely right and that's a good point.

你说得很对,很有道理

But I wanted to talk to you about

我想说的是

what does that have to do with liberals?

这跟自由派有什么关系

You all should be asking yourselves if you're condemning him

你们该问问自己,你们是否因为

because he's from the South and this is a good way

他是南方人就谴责他,是否是想借此

to distance yourselves from our shared heritage.

使自己与我们共同的历史脱清关系

Let's talk for a second about unintended consequences.

我们现在来谈谈意外后果

Sure. The woman we had on Friday night,

好啊,周五上节目的女人

from OWS, Shelly Wexler...

OWS的谢莉·韦克斯勒

Yeah?

怎么了

Would you be willing to apologize to her?

你愿意向她道个歉吗

Sure. On air?

当然,电视公开道歉

Absolutely. So no?

没问题,就是不同意咯

What were the consequences?

会有什么后果

Jerry's been chasing a story for a few weeks

杰利追踪一条新闻线索好几星期了

and I'm not gonna tell you what it is. Why?

我不会告诉你新闻是什么,为什么

If I tell you the reason,

如果我告诉你原因

you'll be more curious about the story.

你会更想知道新闻是什么

But now I'm more curious about the reason.

这使我更加好奇原因是什么

There's some evidence to suggest

有一些证据表明

that the Army is thinking about having different uniforms

军方正在考虑用不同的制服来区分

for home and away games.

主场和客场球队

I don't believe that's really the story.

我不相信是这条新闻

At some point, I might need you for the red team.

在某个时刻,我可能需要你当红队

You could have just said that. I understand that.

你直接说不就行了,我理解

I am not a child. Okay.

我不是小孩子,好的

You have to tell me what the story is. No!

你得告诉我新闻是什么,不行

At least tell me how it relates

至少告诉我这新闻怎么会和

to the woman from OWS.

OWS的女人有联系

She can lead us to someone who might be able to help,

她能带我们去见一个也许能帮我们的人

but she won't unless you apologize.

但她要你先道歉

Her movement is idiotic and she's unprepared.

她的运动很愚蠢,她根本没准备好

So as a courtesy, I was dismissive.

出于礼貌,我只表示了不削

What does she want an apology for?

她想让我为什么事道歉

Being smug. That really?

自以为是,真的吗

I know. I've never heard anybody say that about you before

是啊,我从未听任何人这样说过你

and I certainly can't identify personally.

我自己肯定也不能认同

You're just chockfull of beans today, aren't you?

你今天真是满嘴跑火车啊

So that's a hard no on apologizing?

所以道歉是坚决不行了

I was asked to ask.

我是奉命来问的

Come in.

进来

Hey, how was your weekend? It was good.

周末过得怎么样,挺好

It was good and then I saw "Titanic" for the first time.

本来挺好,结果我第一次看了《泰坦尼克号》

You'd never seen it before?

你以前没看过吗

You know how I am about sad movies

你知道我不喜欢看悲情片

and the title suggested it wasn't gonna end well.

电影名就知道,结局很悲情

But I still didn't see it coming.

但我还是没预料到

Mac, what is more important than the people you

麦肯,什么能比你爱的人更重要...

Kodak is dropping like a sack of flour.

柯达的股价就像袋子破了的面粉一样猛跌

I'll never let go, Kodak. I'll never let go.

我不会放弃你的,柯达,永远不会

But people should really sell their stock in Kodak

但人们真应该卖掉柯达的股票

because by this afternoon

因为今天下午...

I need you. That's all you ever have to say.

我需要你,有你这句话就够了

Get it together. Yeah, all right.

给我振作点,好吧

The woman we had on from OWS Friday night

我们周五晚邀请的OWS女嘉宾

thought she was mistreated. She was.

认为她受了不公正待遇,确实

And it's possible that she can lead us to information

而我们也许能通过她得到一些信息

that can help with a story I can't tell you about yet.

对一个我暂时无法相告的新闻会很有帮助

But to do that, we have to make her happy.

但想要得到信息,我们就得让她满意

How can I help? Neal's gonna set up a meeting.

我怎么帮忙,尼尔会约一次会面

And you're gonna you're just gonna make her feel

而你,你要让她感觉

like she's being heard by a financial expert.

你这位金融专家愿意倾听她的心声

You're Sloan Sabbith and you went to meet her.

你是斯隆·莎碧斯,而你去和她见面了

Just lather it on. Got it.

顺着她的意思,明白了

Whatever she says, you couldn't agree with more.

无论她说什么,你都表示完全赞同

I'm gonna lather up just to honor the memory of Jack Dawson.

为了纪念杰克·道森,我会努力顺着她的

From the boat? Yeah.

电影里的吗,对

Okay, but it's not lather up, it's

好,但这也不能叫顺着她,是...

don't worry about it. Talk to Neal.

算了,和尼尔谈谈

Will McAvoy is an asshole.

威尔·麦卡沃伊是个混蛋

I know how you feel.

我理解你的感受

But the thing is, he's not.

但问题是,他并非如此

You had a rough time. That's okay.

你吃了点苦,没关系

You've got information that you don't realize

你没意识到你掌握的信息

could help Neal and his team with a story

可以帮助尼尔和他的团队写一则新闻

I'm certain certain you'd want told.

我敢肯定,你会希望世人皆知的

What's the story? I shouldn't have said that,

什么新闻,我真不该那么说

because I don't have the first idea what the story is.

因为我其实不知道这新闻的内容

What the fuck is with you people?

你们这群人到底怎么回事

She doesn't know what the story is by design.

我们有意不告诉她新闻的内容

On a big story, you want to bring in some people

对于一则轰动新闻,最后需要加入一些

at the end and run everything by fresh eyes

不知情的人,用新鲜的眼光来审视

and let them try to punch holes in it.

让他们来找漏洞

They're called the red team.

我们称之为红队

When's your story supposed to air?

你的新闻准备何时播出

This? Probably never.

这则吗,也许永远不会

You know, I teach three classes on Mondays.

我周一要教三门课

I came up here. I'm supposed to be impressed?

我来这里,我该刮目相看吗

No one's trying to impress you. Yes, you are.

不是想让你刮目相看,你们就是

Because here's what happened.

因为事情就是这样

This woman's here at Shake Shack

这女人来摇动小屋餐厅

because someone asked Will to apologize and Will said no.

是因为你们要威尔道歉,但他拒绝了

Do you see how things are worse than they were before?

看出来事情比以前更糟糕了吗

'Cause before you could assume

因为以前,你可以假设

that no one ever asked Will,

没人要威尔道歉过

and now it's pretty clear

而现在因为这则新闻

that because of the story, he was asked.

你能明确地知道,有人问过他了

You guys didn't think this through. No.

你们真没想清楚,没有

This is exactly why we need a red team.

所以我们才需要一支红队

Shelly, can we just say that we're

谢莉,我们真的非常抱歉

honestly very sorry that appearing on ACN

上ACN的节目让你很不高兴

was an unpleasant experience? Please, no.

这样行吗,拜托,不行

Your apology, which was meaningless in the first place,

你的道歉,本来就没意义

is now just a symbol of the other guy's refusal to apologize.

现在更突出了他不愿意道歉的事实

This is getting a little nutty.

你开始不讲理了

Shelly, can you just tell Neal what he needs to know?

谢莉,你能告诉尼尔他需要知道的信息吗

And I am supposed to be impressed

然后我就该感到欣慰

'cause here comes your money honey all solicitous.

因为这位大家喜爱的金钱甜心来见我了

Hey! I can hear you. Like I'm a fucking rube

我听得见呢,好像我是什么土包子

who's never seen a TV star before or who would even care.

以前从没见到过电视明星,谁在乎呢

Listen. Wait. I teach college.

等等,我可是大学老师

Hang on.

稍等

Let me ask you something and I'd like an honest answer.

问你个问题,希望你能诚实地回答我

Sure.

好的

Do you really think I'm a TV star? You know...

你真觉得我是个电视明星,这个嘛

You called me a money honey and I made a selfdeprecating joke.

你说我是金钱甜心,我开了个自嘲的玩笑

I didn't do it in front of a million and a half people

我可没在150万观众前这么做

and this isn't a joke to me.

而且这对我来说不是玩笑

I've got to leave. You guys are condescending.

我得走了,你们太居高临下了

Really? 'Cause I'm pretty sure I wasn't just the one

是吗,因为我相当确定刚才不是我

who distinguished myself from rubes

说"我可是大学老师" ,就为了

by saying, "I teach college."

把自己和土包子区分开来

Did Will say no

当有人问威尔

when someone said, "We need you to "

你需要向谢莉·韦克斯勒道歉

apologize to Shelly Wexler.

对我们会很有帮助"

We badly need you to apologize"?

他说了"不"吗

I wasn't in the room, but I'm sure he said,

我没在场,但我确信他会说

"Hell, no, and who the fuck is Shelly Wexler?"

"肯定不行,谢莉·韦克斯勒是什么人"

Well, now you know how much of a prick he is.

现在你知道他有多混蛋了

Yeah.

见过了

No. Sloan was smug.

没有,斯隆又自以为是了

So there was this kid named Daniel

有个叫丹尼尔的男孩

who was by himself the whole time.

一直都一个人坐着

Who's he?

他是谁

That's Daniel.

丹尼尔

His parents are both alive.

他的父母还健在

I'm a family friend.

我是他们家里的朋友

His father has a lot of cattle

他父亲养了很多牛

and there have been some clashes with Pokot raiders from Kenya.

最近和肯尼亚的波克偷牛贼起了冲突

So Daniel's here to be safe for a few days.

所以丹尼尔在这儿避难几天

I started talking to him.

我开始和他说话

Do you want me to read that book to you?

你想让我给你读那本书吗

I'm not gonna take it.

我不会拿走的

You can hold it and be the pageturner and I'll just read it.

你可以拿着书翻页,我来读

Come on. Scoot over.

来吧,坐过来一点

"This is the house. "

有一栋房子

The house on East 88th Street.

东88街的一栋房子

Mr. And Mrs. Primm and their son Joshua

普利姆夫妇和他们的儿子约书亚

live in the house on East 88th Street."

住在东88街的房子里"

I read it to him maybe three times.

我给他读了大概...三遍

Again.

再来一遍

Okay.

Three times. Again.

三遍,再读一次

We've read it seven times now.

我们读了七遍了

That's a lot of trust, Daniel.

你真是信任我,丹尼尔

All right, one more.

那好,再来一遍

"But if Lyle was happy, he was making someone else unhappy. "

但如果莱尔很快乐,他就让别人不快乐了

Perfectly miserable, in fact.

应该说,相当痛苦

That someone else was Loretta."

那个人就是洛雷塔"

"The house on East 88th Street."

"东88街的房子"

"...the voice called out. Lyle recognized the voice."

"那个声音大喊,莱尔听出来了"

"Have you seen a crocodile going past? "

你看到一条鳄鱼经过吗

He was wearing a red scarf."

它系了一条红围巾"

"If Lyle was happy, he was making someone else unhappy."

"如果莱尔很快乐,他就让别人不快乐了"

"I have no information about a crocodile wearing a red..."

"我不知道什么系红围巾的鳄鱼"

Scarf.

围巾

"There was little they could do, at least for the moment, "

至少暂时来说,他们无能为力

to prevent Mr. Grumps from putting Lyle in the zoo."

无法阻止糟脾气先生把莱尔送进动物园"

He's never seen hair like yours.

他从没见到过你这种头发

That color's called blonde, Daniel,

这叫金发,丹尼尔

and it's nothing but trouble.

金发只会招来麻烦

Maggie.

玛姬

Ronald.

罗纳德

Yeah? Time to go.

怎么,该走了

No, we can't drive these roads at night.

不行,我们晚上不能在这种路上开车

It's not night. It will be.

还没到晚上,马上会的

When were you gonna tell us we couldn't drive back?

你准备何时告诉我们不能开车回去

I just did.

我刚告诉你们了

Lt. Casey. Yes, ma'am?

凯西中尉,什么事,女士

Could we possibly get a ride back with you guys?

我们能和你们一起回去吗

We're flying out. Even better.

我们开飞机出去,那更好

We're going to Djibouti.

我们要去吉布提

Is that near where we're going?

离我们要去的地方近吗

No.

不近

You're not a great fixer, you know that?

要知道,你真不是个给力的接头人

I don't know how "The Amazing Race" is as amazing as it is.

真搞不懂《极速前进》怎么能极速地起来

Again.

再读一遍

I don't really understand your reasons

我真不理解你有什么理由

for not being on the campaign, but I'm going to have to insist

不去竞选活动现场,但我得要求你

that you at least be near the campaign.

最起码离竞选活动近一点

I am. Everybody's here. I'm making all the stops,

我在,大家都在,每个竞选点我都去

or at least the ones I can MapQuest.

或者说我能找到的所有竞选点

You can't just follow the bus?

你就不能跟着竞选巴士吗

They're making really fast buses now.

现在的巴士都跑得很快

Do me a favor.

帮我个忙

Romney gave a statement. Yeah?

罗姆尼发表了声明,然后呢

He called the name of the ranch offensive.

他说猎场的名字很冒犯黑人(德州州长里克·佩里的猎场名字Niggerhead有种族色彩)

He should be asked about the church.

你该问他教会问题

Can you get a comment from someone?

你能找到人评论吗

On that? I doubt it.

针对这个问题吗,很难

Try hard. Charlie doesn't know what you're doing there.

尽点力,查理不知道你在外面干什么

All right.

好的

Taylor. Jim.

泰勒,吉姆

I need to ask... How was your day?

我想问...今天过得怎么样

Fine, thanks. I need to ask

挺好的,谢谢,我想问

about the governor's response to Rick Perry's ranch.

州长罗姆尼关于里克·佩里猎场的回应

There was a statement in this morning's email,

今早的邮件中已有声明

which you don't get, so you're free to watch TV.

但你没收到,所以你还是看新闻去吧

I know he said he thought it was offensive.

我知道他说这名字很冒犯黑人

He does and that is the official comment of the Romney campaign.

是的,这也是罗姆尼竞选团队的官方声明

And now we are going back to business,

现在让我们回到正题

which for me is a glass of red wine right now.

也就是说,我要喝杯红酒

He was a leader in his church in 1977, right?

1977年他在教会中担任神职,对吗

Do you think I'm gonna talk about the Mormon Church?

你觉得我会讨论摩门教吗

By commenting on the Perry ranch you already have

你们已经通过评论佩里的猎场表明了态度

because it wasn't until

因为直到1978年

1978 that Mormons allowed Mormons to be black.

摩门教才允许黑人作为其信徒

People of faith are also people of free will

有信仰的人同时也有思想的自由

and they are able to disagree

他们完全可以不同意

with their church on a number of issues.

自己信仰的宗教在一些事情上的做法

The governor was one of the leaders of his church.

但是罗姆尼曾在教会中任神职

Did he ever object

他是否曾反对过

And Joe Biden is Catholic.

乔·拜登是天主教徒

Catholics don't allow women to be priests.

天主教不允许女人做牧师

Is Joe fighting a war on women?

难道他在挑起一场"针对女性的战争"吗

Is that the official comment of the Romney campaign?

这是罗姆尼竞选团队的官方声明吗

You know, go fuck yourself, Jim.

滚一边去吧,吉姆

That is the official comment of the Romney campaign.

这才是罗姆尼竞选团队的官方声明

All right.

好吧

All right, just tell me what you need

好吧,告诉我你想要什么

to forget I said that.

才能忘掉我刚才说的

You're gonna have a 30minute oneonone

今晚10点,你和罗姆尼州长

with the governor tonight at 10:00.

要进行30分钟的一对一访谈

Thanks.

谢谢

I, too, believe Will and Sloan can be a little smug

我也觉得威尔和斯隆有点自以为是

and I think you guys are showing a lot of wisdom

而且我觉得你们选我来解决这个问题

by having me be the one to fix it.

是非常明智的

You were really the only one left.

只剩下你了

The only guy for the job. The only one left.

只有我才能解决,只有你剩下

The only one who can get it done.

我是唯一能解决问题的

There was nobody else.

因为我们找不到其他人

Nobody but me. Left in the office.

只有我,在办公室里

One man There she is. Hey, Shelly.

只有我,她来了,嗨,谢莉

I have another class from 8:00 to 10:00

我8点到10点还有堂课

and this is my only break and

这是我唯一的休息时间

I don't want to spend that much of it with you,

但我不想跟你们再多费口舌

so let's get this over with.

所以有啥话赶紧说

This is Don Keefer.

这是唐·基佛

I'm the executive producer of our 10:00 hour

我是10点档"热点直击"的

"Right Now With Elliot Hirsch" And I'll give you a segment.

执行制片人,我会给你做个访谈

It'll be a much gentler interview.

气氛会很轻松

And if I came on Elliot Hirsch's show,

如果我参加了埃利奥特·赫什的节目

would I be able to talk about my treatment?

我可以讨论我受到的待遇吗

The treatment OWS got during the first interview?

就是占领华尔街运动第一次访谈所遭受的待遇

You'd be able to talk about OWS,

你可以讨论占领华尔街运动

but I can't produce your revenge fantasy if that's what you're asking.

但我不能让你在节目上搞报复

Please stop arranging meetings. Just listen to what

别再让我见谁了,拜托你听听...

It's a very important story.

这个新闻很重要

Do you know what the story is?

你知道是什么新闻吗

I don't, but I know it's important. How?

不知道,但我知道很重要,怎么说

Because Neal says it is.

因为尼尔说它很重要

And when you say it's important,

你说它很重要时

what you really mean is that it's more important than OWS.

其实真正意思是比占领华尔街运动重要

We apologize for anything

我们真心向您道歉

"We" don't apologize.

"我们"不会道歉

Many of us do. Bye.

我们是真心的,再见

Oh, Shelly, please take Neal to see the guy in Zucotti Park.

谢莉,带尼尔去祖科蒂公园见那个人吧

Let this serve as electroshock therapy.

把这次事件当做一次电疗吧

Every time you want to look down your nose at someone

下次你们再看不起某人的时候...

Maybe we're not the ones who need therapy.

或许需要电疗的不是我们

Maybe your debilitating persecution complex could be,

而是你的被害妄想症情结

if not cured, then put in remission

要是还没治好,就让几个维也纳专家

by a team of Viennese specialists.

帮你做做舒缓

Anything else?

还有别的话吗

Nope. Wait.

没有,等等

I shouldn't have said that last thing.

我不应该说最后几句话的

Me? I'm killing it.

叫我呢,我牛掰了

You know why?

知道为什么吗

Vassar. Kaboom.

瓦萨学院,赞到极点

Sorry.

抱歉

Can you make it fast? 'Cause I'm a little on fire.

你能快点说吗,我写得正酣呢

There's no signal in the hallway.

走廊里没有无线信号

Hey, Mac.

麦肯

Just one second. They're stepping out.

稍等一秒,他们正出去

Taylor just called me.

泰勒刚才给我打电话了

Did you give away an interview with Romney?

你刚刚放弃了与罗姆尼的访谈机会吗

If you could give me just a second. I don't have the room yet.

稍等一会儿,我旁边还有人

You know exactly how fucked up it is that you gave it away.

你就这么放弃,真是差劲到了极点

And that you gave it to a girl you like.

你还把它给了一个你喜欢的女孩

It's not exactly like that, but it was definitely wrong

情况不是这样的,但确实做得不妥

and I apologize and I'll call Will.

我道歉,我会打给威尔的

Don't call Will. If he finds out another way

别给威尔打电话,万一他从别人处发现

I'll take that chance.

我愿意冒险

I don't know how to predict his behavior anymore.

但我现在不知道他会有啥行动

Or yours.

还有你

And now I've got to pull you off.

现在我必须把你叫回来了

I understand.

我理解

Well, you know, I don't.

但是,我不理解你

Her boss

她老板...

Here are my notes. You write it.

这是我的笔记,你写吧

I caught Taylor in an ontherecord moment I could trade

我正好抓住了泰勒当场爆粗,作为筹码

and you were in trouble with your boss.

而你在和你老板闹矛盾

And, frankly, I didn't like him.

说实话,我不喜欢他

It must save you a lot of time to be able

你花了15秒得到那个结论

to reach that conclusion in 15 seconds. It does.

一定省了你不少事,确实

But he happens to be a genius. Okay.

但是他碰巧非常有才,好吧

And either you don't know or don't care

你要么不知道,要么不关心

how insulting your favor was to me,

你所谓的帮忙是多么地侮辱我

but it's either one or the other.

反正总是其中一条

I'm experienced at this, Jim.

我在这方面经验丰富,吉姆

More experienced than you.

比你有经验

I got you on the bus.

我把你弄到车上

And then, unbelievably,

但是,真是见了鬼了

you got us off the bus. Yeah.

你又把我们弄下来了,对

Yeah, and since you don't know

对,既然你不知道

what the hell you're talking about anyway,

你到底在说什么

you shouldn't make a giant assumption that is totally wrong

你就不应该肆意胡乱错误揣测

about my personal life or my professional life.

我的私人生活与工作

Every both of them.

每一方面,各个方面

It was the second one. It was that I didn't care.

主要是你的工作,我不关心

How insulting it was? Yeah.

对我是多大的侮辱吗,对

'Cause but for a couple things that I didn't foresee,

要不是有几件事情我没预料到

you wouldn't have found out.

你也不会发现

What the hell?

搞什么啊

Am I suddenly a fucking receptacle

我突然就变成了个操蛋的出气筒吗

for every woman who's pissed at a guy?

每个对男人光火的女人都要撒气在我头上吗

I did a fast calculation and it was unlikely

我快速计算了一下,认为他不太可能

he was gonna break news or be interviewed on camera,

爆出猛料,或是接受摄影采访

so I didn't think I was robbing my network of much.

所以我不觉得这样做很坑我的电视台

You didn't need it and I did?

你不需要,我就需要了吗

In that call from your boss, your

从你老板的那个电话中,你的...

I don't know what to call him. Evan.

我不知道他叫什么,埃文

I've always I hate that name.

我一直...我讨厌这个名字

I did it because I wanted to.

我让给你,是因为我愿意

Everything about it felt right.

这件事的每方面,我都都觉得对

But if it was insulting, I still don't care.

但就算是侮辱,我也不在意

I'm going downstairs.

我下楼了

Yeah, I always hated the name Evan, too.

对,我也很讨厌埃文这个名字

I'm talking about a plan.

这是一个项目

This plan has come to symbolize the struggle for justice in India.

该项目已成为印度争取公正的象征

Proponents claim that it is urgently needed development.

支持者称,该项目继续拓展

And opponents claim that it will disrupt underprivileged communities

反对者称,该项目扰乱贫困地区

and service the wealthy few.

只造福少数富人

What plan am I talking about?

我说的是哪个项目

Narmada Dams!

纳尔默达大坝(指印度政府为开发讷尔默达河修建30座大坝,颇具争议)

Excuse me.

稍等

I'm right. It's the Narmada Dams.

我说对了,是纳尔默达大坝

I can't believe what it takes to get you to apologize.

费了这么多周折,才逼得你来道歉

I have absolutely no intention of apologizing.

我丝毫无意道歉

But you should enjoy me while I'm here,

但趁我还在,你尽情享受吧

'cause as soon as I leave, so does the attention.

因为我一离开,关注度就没了

Your movement sucks, Shelly.

你们的运动糟透了,谢莉

I'm sure it looks that way from the outside.

从外部来看是这样

And right there is your problem, 'cause who the fuck cares

这就是你们的问题,谁他妈的在乎

what it looks like from the inside?

从内部看是怎样

Slavery, suffrage, civil rights, Vietnam

废奴运动,女性选举权,民权运动,反越战

what all those things have in common is there were leaders.

它们都有一个共同点,就是有领导者

And the only thing the leaders cared about was getting it done.

而这些领导者的唯一目标,是达到目的

And if you guys had leaders

如果你们有领导者

who could find a map with a fuckin' map,

只要会读地图的人

they'd tell you the thing about capitalism is it's politically accountable.

都会告诉你,资本主义优点在于能够问责

Did you watch my show tonight?

你看了我今晚的节目吗

Did you see anybody courting the OWS vote?

见到有谁在讨好OWS的选民吗

'Cause all eight candidates for the Republican nomination

共和党的全部八名候选人

said the words "Tea Party" today in a bite they knew would get picked up.

都在讲话里安插"茶党"二字,等着被报道

We're not trying to get anyone elected.

我们没打算助某人当选

We're just trying to point so that people will look.

我们只想指出问题,引起大家关注

And you're looking at us and not what we're pointing at.

而你只盯着我们,却不关注我们指出的问题

I was terrible on the show.

我上节目时,表现糟透了

I was embarrassed in front of my friends

在我的朋友面前,我丢尽了脸面

and my students

无颜面对我的学生

and the people in my area at Zucotti Park.

和祖科蒂公园的同仁

If you had to slap me around,

你非要让我出丑

couldn't we at least have talked about corruption,

拿腐败做话题,不行吗

financial crimes,

经济犯罪

predatory lending, unlimited campaign donations?

掠夺性贷款,不限额竞选捐款,都行啊

You're not qualified to talk about those things on our show.

在我的节目里谈这些,你还不够格

But, yes, I could talk about those things more on our show.

但是,我可以在节目里多谈谈这些

I slapped you around to burnish my reputation as a moderate.

我让你出丑,是为了一改我中庸之名

You were a handy prop and I'm sorry I embarrassed you.

你正巧送上门来,我很抱歉让你出丑了

I'm not smug.

我没有自以为是

I'm having a crisis of confidence.

只是缺乏自信而已

That's a pretty startling admission.

真是令人惊讶的自白

I don't have that many people to talk to.

我没什么人可以说说话

That's ironic. I know.

太讽刺了,是啊

You're not married? No.

你没结婚,没有

Girlfriend? Well...

女朋友呢,呃

no.

没有

What was the "Well"?

"呃"什么

I'll take Neal to where the guy usually is.

我会带尼尔去那人常去的地方

We found him already. We tracked him down. Are you for real?

我们已经找到他了,有没有搞错

The interview was fun for me and it shouldn't have been.

我在节目里拿你开涮,我不该这么做

Well, you know what my mother would say?

你知道我妈会怎么说

I absolutely do not.

当然不知道

Who are you really mad at?

你到底在对谁生气

You really want to tug at that thread?

你真要扯上这话题吗

I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the "Well."

我猜八成和"呃"有关

Can I audit the rest of your class?

我可以旁听你剩下的课吗

It's almost over. Perfect.

快结束了,很好

...as she sought exoneration in the murder of her college roommate in Italy.

为她在意大利谋杀室友之罪伸冤

And tomorrow morning,

明天早晨

nearly four years after her initial detainment,

被扣押近四年之后

Amanda Knox will fly back to her hometown of Seattle.

阿曼达·诺克斯将飞回她的家乡西雅图

Go. 77 up.

准备,进77号

Got that locked. Ready 77.

锁定, 77号就绪

...as the "Washington Post" reported over the weekend

《华盛顿邮报》在周末刊出

that Perry's family ranch, where the presidential hopeful

总统候选人佩里有一处家庭农场

has hunted with his family and friends

用于其家人和朋友狩猎

and to which he has invited lawmakers, has a name,

他还邀请了立法委员

and that name is Niggerhead.

该农场名为,黑鬼头

What the hell, fellas?!

搞什么

You want to take it? No.

你想揽下来吗,不

All right, well, Elliot wrote the copy. Oh, fuck you.

好吧,埃利奥特写的脚本,滚你

You approved the copy. And I approved.

你批准的,我批准了

I don't know how to tell the story without saying the name.

不说这个名字我不知该怎么报这条新闻

Bullshit. You say the Nword.

屁话,你可以说N打头

Nwordhead Ranch?

N打头农场

Something like that. What did everybody else do?

差不多,别人都怎么做的

They bit around it. Don Lemon said it.

他们都含糊过去了,唐·雷蒙说了这词

Don Lemon's black. Yeah, I don't know these rules.

唐·雷蒙是黑人,我不懂这些规矩

The story is about the word and we decided not to play

这条新闻的重点就在这个词,我们决定

a game of Hangman with the audience.

不在观众面前玩文字游戏

Nhead Ranch? Is there a G?

N打头,NG吗

Shut up.

笑屁

What if it said Motherfucker on the rock?

石头上要写的是狗娘养的呢

It would be a much different story

那就完全不同了

and one a lot harder to get to the bottom of.

要花更多功夫弄清楚

Would you wait for me a minute?

留下等一会儿

Because that's how long it's gonna take

因为一会儿之后

before Reese calls saying

里斯就会打电话来说

that the Family Foundation for the Foundation of Families

宣扬家庭观念的那个家庭基金会

is threatening to boycott our advertisers

威胁联合抵制我们的广告商

unless Elliot stops being Jewish or something.

要求埃利奥特停止做犹太人

Can I ask? What?

可以问个问题吗,说

Other than that, was it a good show?

除此之外,是不是一个好节目

Get out. All right.

出去,好吧

"Upon which was painted a derogatory epithet for an AfricanAmerican."

"石上写着公然贬低黑人的绰号"

I'm sorry, I nodded off while you were saying that. Get out!

我怎么就没见你报道这句呢,出去

His name is Leon Deit. Deit?

他叫利昂·弟,弟

Rhymes with beet.

兄弟的弟

We've been interviewing him for about an hour and 20 minutes

我们采访了他一小时二十分钟

and we're the first ones who've spoken to him, though.

我们是第一个采访他的

He doesn't know why we are.

他不知道我们为什么这么做

He was working for the

他为伊斯兰堡以外

Commission for Human Rights in Conflict Zones

冲突地区的

out of Islamabad and they sent him to interview

人权委员会工作

some people in Waziristan who said they'd survived a raid

他受派采访瓦济里斯坦人,他们称遭到袭击

of what they say were US military forces.

发动袭击的是美国军队

He wrote this report.

他如实上报了

He believes that as a result of this report,

他相信他的NGO被迫关门

his NGO was shut down.

正是由于这份报告

Have you read it?

你读过了吗

Name some signs a person would exhibit if they'd been exposed to sarin gas.

例举人在接触沙林毒气后的症状

Vomiting, severe muscle twitches,

呕吐,肌肉剧烈抽搐

and then death by choking on their own vomit.

死于呕吐物引起的窒息

Read what I've highlighted on the third page.

读一下第三页我标注的

"Villagers report that many of the dead "

村民称,许多死亡者

seem to have aspirated into their mouths...

看似吸入胃内食物

and had been asphyxiated by their own vomit."

由呕吐物导致窒息"

Was it absolutely necessary for you to tell my boss?

你非得告诉我老板不可吗

I wouldn't say it was necessary,

不是非告诉不可

but it was what anyone would do in my job.

但换做是谁,都会这么做

And the reason you don't know that

而你不知道

is because you've never done this before.

是因为你没有经验

You know, we're doing this thing, Jim.

我们在干一件大事,吉姆

We're running for president.

我们竞选总统

It's on.

竞争开始了

And it's a big, hard thing

不仅重大,还很艰难

and we understand

我们也知道

that we're gonna have to do it

在努力干这件大事的同时

during a relentless onslaught of absurd bullshit from you and your friends.

要面对你和你朋友的各种荒唐的攻击

It was just my way of saying that

我那么做,是想告诉你

we're gonna be around for a while.

我们还没出局呢

Perry's done.

佩里完了

It's not the ranch that's gonna get him.

不是农场事件让他完了的

It's his intellect.

是他的智商

Not the world's worst reason for a Republican candidate to lose.

因智商而落选,对共和党人来说,也不算太糟

I wonder if anyone's gonna notice that.

不知是否有人会意识到这点

I know I'm gonna see you somewhere again before November.

我相信, 11月前我们还会再见(11月是共和党初选的日子)

Take it easy.

放轻松

Take it easy, Taylor.

放轻松,泰勒

You were lying before.

之前你说谎了

About the fast calculation you did.

关于你做的快速计算

It was a big deal.

是件大事

I think you got in trouble.

你惹了麻烦了

You have to go back to New York.

你得回纽约去

Yeah.

没错

Well,

好吧

I don't like that.

我不喜欢

It's all right 'cause I

没事的,因为我

I'm the rebound.

把我当一夜情

And I went to Vassar.

我瓦萨学院毕业的

I think that Vassar has a really strong hold on you

看来瓦萨学院对你的影响很大

'cause you seem to have a lot of anxiety about living up...

因为你好像很在意能名副...

What I should have asked this an hour ago

到底... 我一小时前就该问了

are we counting as messed up?

怎么才算是乱了套

What do I here's what I'm asking.

我需要... 我要问清楚

What do I have to look like for my testimony

我要拿出什么样子,才能不影响到

about the interview with general Stomtonovich to not be discounted?

我对斯托姆托洛维奇将军采访的效力

The way you look right now.

就像你现在这样

Just the facts, ma'am.

说出事实即可

We slept over at the orphanage.

我们在孤儿院住了一夜

Sometime I didn't look at my watch,

晚上... 我当时没看表

but the police report said it was sometime after midnight

警方报告上说,大概午夜时候

we heard some I heard. Don't say we.

我们听到,别说我们,说自己

I heard a popping sound in the distance.

我听到远处有几声枪响

Maybe 100 yards away.

大概一百码之外

Pop, pop.

砰砰

What are they saying?

他们在说什么

It's Lugisu.

是卢基苏语

There were gunshots.

有枪声

Do you know Lugisu?

你懂卢基苏语吗

No.

不懂

Not in front of the kids.

别让孩子们看见

Pastor Moses's wife Kissa

摩西牧师的妻子姬莎

started quietly waking the kids and keeping them calm,

开始轻声叫醒孩子们,安抚他们

making sure they didn't scream.

以免他们尖叫

But then we heard another

之后我们又听到

pop, pop, pop.

砰,砰砰

What is happening?

出什么事了

It's okay, child.

没事的,孩子

Ronald was trying to tell them that this was an orphanage

罗纳德尝试告诉他们,这是孤儿院

and there wasn't any cattle.

没有牲畜

But he was doing it in Luganda.

但他说的是卢干达语

Ronald and Gary flew back inside.

罗纳德和格雷逃回了屋里

Get the children on the bus right now.

马上让孩子们上大巴

Out the back on the bus, head below the windows.

走后门,上大巴,都低下头

Where are we going?

咱们去哪儿

We got the kids out the back door and on the bus.

孩子们都从后门,上了大巴

Seven, eight, nine,

七,八,九

10, 11,

十,十一

12...

十二

13, 14...

十三,十四

And Pastor Moses did a head count.

摩西牧师清点了人数

Daniel?

丹尼尔

What...

怎么...

He was under my bed.

他躲在我床底下

Daniel.

丹尼尔

Come on. We've got to go to the bus.

快点,我们得上大巴

Daniel, please.

丹尼尔,求你了

Come on, Daniel. Please, come on.

快点,丹尼尔,快出来

The frame was maybe six inches off the ground.

床板离地只有六英寸高

I don't know how he got under there.

不知道他是怎么钻进去的

It's bolted to the floor.

固定在地板上了

Daniel, come on.

丹尼尔,快出来

No, not the front.

别走前门

Daniel.

丹尼尔

Come on, Daniel.

快点,丹尼尔

Get back.

退后

Be careful.

小心点

Come on, Daniel. Come on.

快点,丹尼尔,快出来

Come on. Come on, Daniel.

快出来,丹尼尔

Come on.

快出来

Okay. Okay.

没事了

No, come on. Here, get on my back.

快爬到我背上

Grab on here. Okay.

抓住

They speak 1,944 languages in Africa.

非洲一共有1944种语言

I've learned some Luganda phrases,

我学过一些卢干达语

but I didn't know any Lugisu.

但对卢基苏语一窍不通

I don't know where the cattle bandits were from,

我不知道那些偷牛贼是从哪儿来的

so once I got home, it took me a while

所以我回家之后,花了很长时间

to translate what they'd been shouting.

才弄明白他们在喊什么

It was "Give us the camera."

他们喊的是, "交出摄像机"

Go, go, go, go, go, go!

快快快

Again.

再来一遍

All right.

"This is the house. "

有一栋房子

The house on East 88th Street.

东88街的一栋房子

Mr. And Mrs. Primm..."

普利姆夫妇..."

He died right away?

他当场死了吗

Yeah.

是的

Oh, God.

天啊

Okay. Okay.

好了,好了

I can't find a pulse.

摸不到脉搏

His pupils are dilated.

瞳孔放大

There's no pulse.

没有脉搏

Yeah, the hospital said the bullet hit his spine.

医院说子弹击中了脊柱

And that's it?

这就是事情经过吗

That is it.

这就是事情经过

We never got to Kampala.

我们没去成坎帕拉

The company brought us back 'cause we had to be debriefed by HR.

公司把我们召回,接受人力部的问询

Jim Harper, under oath, is gonna testify to your state of mind.

吉姆·哈珀将接受宣誓并会为你的精神状况作证

Is there anything he'll be asked about?

有什么他可能会被问到的吗

Maggie?

玛姬

You're back.

你回来了

I read the HR report.

我看到人力部的报告了

There's honestly nothing to ask about.

真的没什么可问的

It was upsetting. I don't want to minimize it, but

我为此很不安,我不想掩饰

Were you sent to a doctor? By HR.

你看医生了吗,人力部安排的

A psychiatrist? Yeah, and I'm fine.

精神医生,对,我没事

The doctor prescribed Paxil, but I don't take it.

给我开了帕罗西汀(抗抑郁),但我没吃

You don't? No.

你没吃,没吃

A psychiatrist examined you

精神医生给你做了检查

and prescribed a very strong psychotropic

然后给你开了强力抗抑郁药

that you're not taking?

你居然没吃

I don't need it.

我不需要

Oh, God, Maggie. That's a terrible answer.

天啊,玛姬,这个回答太糟了

I was there. It was Stomtonovich, Jerry, and me.

当时在场的有斯托姆托洛维奇,杰利和我

He never said, "It happened." He said that you were in no...

他没说过"确有其事" ,他说你当时

They were there 'cause they spotted us filming the engineers

他们袭击我们,是因为发现我们在拍摄工程师

and I pulled him out from under the bed forcibly

我从床下强行把他拖出来

and his spine ended up

结果他的脊柱

stopping a bullet that was plainly gonna hit me,

被一颗原本会打中我的子弹打中

so it's obviously something I'm gonna remember, but...

这事绝对不可能忘记,但是

you know...

知道吗

what do you want?

你想要怎样

He didn't say it. I can testify to that.

他没说过,我可以作证

I'm fine.

我没事

"There was little they could do, at least for the moment, "

至少暂时来说,他们无能为力

to prevent Mr. Grumps from putting Lyle in the zoo."

无法阻止糟脾气先生把莱尔送进动物园"

He's never seen hair like yours.

他从没见到过你这种头发

That color is called blonde, Daniel,

这叫金发,丹尼尔

and it's nothing but trouble.

金发只会招来麻烦

I'm fine.

我没事

Fuck.

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xwbjsjj/518451.html