《美女上错身》精讲 53(在线收听

I don't see my dad much, and I haven't told my mom

我和我爸不常见面 我也还没告诉我妈

because I'm her only kid,

因为她只有我一个孩子

and if this is true, she'd be devastated.

如果这是真的 她会很难过的

Well, how about you?

那你自己呢

I haven't thought that far.

我还没考虑那么远

You wouldn't be here if you hadn't.

你要是没考虑到就不会来这儿了

You know what? You're right.

好吧 被你说对了

Look, um, maybe my biological parents

是这样的 我的亲生父母

are the king and queen of Spain,

可能是西班牙的国王和王妃

or maybe they just pump gas in Bakersfield.

也可能是贝克斯菲尔德的钻井工人

but either way, I just want to know.

但是不管怎样 我只想知道真相

And if I find them,

而且如果我找到他们

maybe it'll explain some of these little parts of me

也许我身上那些不合逻辑的地方

that don't make sense,

就能解释得通了

like why do I love peanuts

比如说为什么我喜欢吃花生

but both my parents are allergic?

但我爸妈都对花生过敏

Did you know that a peanut's not a nut? it's a bean -

你知道花生不属于坚果类吧 它属于豆类

a woody, high-protein legume.

一种高蛋白木本豆科植物

Okay, well, that was just an example.

好吧 我只是随便举个例子而已

Right.

好吧

Okay, Lisa, did you contact the hospital

莉莎 你有没有和医院联系

to get your birth records?

要你的出生记录

I spoke to the administrator.

我和负责人谈过了

I told her my situation, and I got nowhere.

我把我的情况告诉了她 但毫无帮助

And that's why you're coming to me?

所以你就来找我了

Uh-huh, 'cause I just want to know the truth.

没错 因为我只想知道真相

I mean, if I'm not who I thought I was,

我是说 如果我并非是自己所想的那个人

then who am I?

那我究竟是谁

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mnscsjj/519170.html