《唐顿庄园》精讲11 我们将成为同盟者(在线收听

Violet: Unfortunately, now...

可是不幸的是,现在......

Cora: Now a complete unknown man has the right to pocket my money along with the rest of the swag!

一个陌生人倒有权拿走我的钱和其余的家产。

Violet: The problem is——saving your dowry would break up the estate.

问题是保住你的财产,就会丢掉这庄园。

It would be the ruin of everything Robert's given his life to.

那Robert一生的心血就全毁了。

Cora: And he knows this?

他清楚这些吗?

Violet: Well, if he doesn't, he will.

他若不知,以后便会明白。

Cora: Then there's no answer.

那还是没有办法。

Violet: Yes, there is, and it's a simple one. The entail must be smashed in its entirety and Mary, recognised as heiress of all.

有办法,很简单——打破限定继承,彻底取消,Mary继承全部家产。

Cora: There's nothing we can do about the title.

爵位还是无法保住。

Violet: No, she can't have the title. But she can have your money and the estate.

没错,她不能继承爵位,但她会保住你的钱,还有这个庄园。

Violet: I didn't run Downton for 30 years to see it go, lock, stock and barrel to a stranger from God knows where.

我苦心经营唐顿30年,可不是为了让不知打哪儿钻出来的人一锅端。

Cora: Are we to be friends, then?

那我们是朋友了?

Violet: We are allies, my dear. which can be a good deal more effective.

亲爱的,我们是同盟,同盟办事效率更高。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519291.html