《唐顿庄园》精讲12 卡森的上课对象竟然是庄主的老战友(在线收听

[Scene: Daisy carries a pitcher from the kitchens to the servants' hall

where the servants are sitting down to luncheon.]

[情景:Daisy拿着一个水罐从厨房出来,走向仆人的用餐处,仆人们都做着在吃午餐。]

Carson: Downton is a great house,

唐顿是个大庄园,Bates先生,

Mr Bates and the Crawleys are a great family.

Crawleys家也是名门望族。

We live by certain standards

我们日常起居有规有矩

and those standards can at first seem daunting.

这个规矩起初令人望而生畏。

Bates: Of course.

那是当然。

If u find yourself tongue-tied in the presence of his Lordship,

如果你在老爷面前感到紧张,

I can only assure you that his manners and grace

我保证老爷的礼仪和风范

will soon help you to perform your duties to the best of your ability.

会很快消除你的不知所措

Bates: I know.

我知道。

Robert: Bates!

Bates

[Scene: All of the servants stand.]

[情景:所有的人都站起来。]

Robert: My dear fellow!

我亲爱的伙计!

I do apologize. I should have realized you'd all be at luncheon.

我感到非常抱歉,我该想到这是你们的用餐时间。

Carson: Not at all, my Lord.

无需道歉,老爷。

Robert: Please, sit. Sit, everyone.

各位请坐!

I just want to say a quick hello to my old comrade-in-arms.

我就是想跟我的老战友打个招呼。

Bates, my dear man. Welcome to Downton.

Bates,我的兄弟,欢迎来到唐顿庄园。

[Scene: They shake hands.]

[情景:他们握手。]

Bates: Thank you, sir.

谢谢您,长官。

Robert: I'm so sorry to have disturbed you all. Please forgive me.

很抱歉打扰各位用餐了,请原谅。

Bates: You never asked.

你们又没问。

[Scene: Robert leaves and the ones who seated themselves rise slightly in their chairs.

The servants turn their surprised looks on Mr Bates. He shrugs.]

[情景:Robert离开了。仆人们看着Bates先生,面部感情感觉有点惊讶,Bates先生耸耸肩。]

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519292.html