《唐顿庄园》精讲19 我要争夺这个位置(在线收听

Thomas. And where have you been?

Thomas 你跑哪去了

The village. To send a telegram, if you must know.

村里 发了封电报

Oh, pardon me for living.

朋友不少啊

Well, Murray didn't stay long.

Murray没留下

Does her Ladyship know how they left it?

夫人知道结果吗

No.

不知道

They talked it all through on the way back from the church.

从教堂回来的路上 他们都谈好了

If I was still his valet, I'd get it out of him.

如果我是贴身男仆 就能问出来

Bates won't say a word.

Bates是不会说的

He will not.

那还用说

I'd bet you a tanner he's a spy in the other direction.

他定会在老爷面前说三道四

I wanted that job.

我想做贴身男仆

We were all right together, his Lordship and me.

老爷被我伺候得很好

Then be sure to get your foot in the door when Bates is gone.

那等Bates走人后就立马出手

We can't get rid of him just because he talks behind our backs.

指责他在背后说闲话可赶不走他

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

解决问题的方法不止一个

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519299.html