《唐顿庄园》精讲24 罗伯特与母亲争吵(在线收听

Robert, dear, I don't mean to sound harsh.

我不想把话说得太难听

You may not mean to, but I bet you will.

您是不想 但还不是要说

24 years ago you married Cora, against my wishes, for her money.

二十四年前 你为了钱财不顾我的反对娶了Cora

Give it away now,

现在又不要主动放弃

and what was the point of your peculiar marriage in the first place?

那当初何苦结这门亲

If I were to tell you she'd made me happy,

如果我说她让我很幸福

would that stretch belief?

是不是很难让您相信

It's not why you chose her.

你当初选择她可不是这原因

Above all the other girls who could have filled my shoes so easily.

那么多我中意的姑娘 你就是不选

If you must know, when I think of my motives for pursuing Cora,

如果你必须知道 当我说到追求Cora的动机时

I'm ashamed.

我很惭愧

There's no need to remind me of them.

您就别一提再提了

Don't you care about Downton?

你难道不在乎唐顿吗

What do you think?

这还用您说

I've given my life to Downton.

我把一辈子都献给了唐顿

I was born here and I hope to die here.

我生于此 也希望终老于此

I claim no career beyond the nurture of this house and estate.

我此生的事业就是照顾家人和庄园

It is my third parent and my fourth child.

它有如我的至亲和骨肉

Do I care about it? Yes, I do care!

您说我在不在乎 我当然在乎

I hope I don't hear sounds of a disagreement.

你们不是在吵架吧

Is that what they call discussion in New York?

用你们的话说我们是在讨论

I'm glad you're fighting. I'm glad somebody's putting up a fight

很高兴你们吵架了 总算有人吵起来了

You're not really fighting Granny?

并非真吵起来了吧 奶奶

Your grandmother merely wishes to do the right thing.

你们的奶奶只是想让事情完美

And so do I.

我也是

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519304.html