《绝望的主妇》精讲01 天知地知(在线收听

Aside: Every hostess knows there's work to be done after the guests leave a party.

每个女主人都知道,派对结束后总有一堆活要处理。

And only the best of friends will stay long after the party's over...

也只有最好的朋友们会在派对结束后留下...

To help clean up the mess.

帮忙清理烂摊子。

They help with the heavy lifting...

帮着搬重东西...

They work together to lighten the load.

他们齐心分担重量。

They take on the most unpleasant tasks.

他们一起承担最令人讨厌的工作。

And, of course, there's no task more unpleasant...

当然,处理一个不受欢迎的客人...

Than getting rid of an unwanted guest.

没有比这更让人讨厌的工作了。

Carlos: I should go move the car off the trail.

我去把车开到旁边。

You gonna be okay?

你没事吧?

Susan: Is this happening?

我没做梦吧?

Lynette: Are we really doing this?

我们真的要这么做吗?

Bree: Everyone stay focused. The hardest part is over.

大家注意。最艰难的部分已经过去了。

Now all we have to do is fill this in.

现在我们要做的就是把这个埋了。

Gaby: Oh, my god. I thought I got everything.

老天呐。我以为我都检查过了。

No.

不。

Susan: No, you missed the phone.

不,你漏了手机。

And if you missed that, what else did you miss?

如果你漏了手机,其他你还漏了什么?

Bree: Susan, it's gonna be okay.

Susan,没事的。

Susan: How is it going to be okay? Someone is calling the dead guy.

这怎么会没事呢?有人打电话给这个死人。

Gaby: Home.

家。

Susan: see?

看见了吧?

He has a home... With people who care about him,

他是个有家的人... 有家人关心他,

people who are going to come looking for him,

他家人会找他,

leading them straight to us.

然后就找到我们了。

Bree: What do you want us to do?

你想怎样?

Susan: It's not too late. We... We could still go to the police.

现在还不算晚,我们...我们还是可以去自首。

Gaby: And send my husband back to prison?

然后把我老公送回监狱?

This time for murder?

这次是谋杀罪?

Lynette: No, not necessarily. It was self-defense.

不,不用的。这是正当防卫。

He broke into your house. He threatened you.

这个人闯入你家,威胁你。

We could explain that.

我们可以解释的。

Gaby: Yeah, then we can explain how we dumped him in a trunk,

是啊,然后解释我们怎么把他丢到柜子里,

ate some cheesecake, and buried him in the woods!

吃了点干酪蛋糕,再把他在树林里埋了!

Susan: We are going to get caught. People always get caught.

我们会被抓的。犯错误的人最终都被抓的。

We can't do this. We're not criminals. We drive carpool.

我们不能这样做。我们不是罪犯。我们都拼车的。

Bree: That's enough. This is a very bad man.

够了。这是个十足的坏人。

He attacked our friend, and her husband protected her,

他攻击了我们的朋友,她丈夫保护了她,

and now we are gonna protect them. That means we tell no one.

现在轮到我们保护他们。也就是说我们谁都不能说。

Not the police... Not our families. No one.

警察不能说... 家人不能说。一个也不能说。

When we bury the body, we bury the secret forever.

我们埋了这个尸体,也就永远埋了这个秘密。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/519517.html