《唐顿庄园》精讲33 贝茨力张老爷辞掉卡森(在线收听

Why did you apologize to that man?

为何向那个下人道歉

It's not his business what we do.

他管不着我们做什么

I always apologize when I'm in the wrong. It's a habit of mine.

习惯了 做错事就道歉

The plain fact is, Mr Bates, through no fault of his own,

事实如此 Bates先生虽然没错

is not able to fulfill the extra duties expected of him.

却无法履行他应完成的额外任务

He can't lift, he can't serve at table, he's dropping things all over the place.

手不能提 腿不能立 还四处碰落东西

On a night like tonight, he should act as a third footman.

例如今晚 他应充当第三男仆

As it is, my Lord, we may have to have a maid in the dining room.

可是 老爷 现在只好用女仆代替

Cheer up, Carson. There are worse things happening in the world.

行了 Carson 世上还有更糟的事

Not worse than a maid serving a duke.

不会有比让女仆服侍公爵更糟的事了

So you're quite determined?

你此意已决

It's a hard decision, your Lordship, a very hard decision,

这是个艰难的决定 老爷 情非得已

but the honour of Downton is at stake.

但事关唐顿大体

Don't worry, Carson. I know all about hard decisions

别担心 Carson 说到唐顿大体

when it comes to the honour of Downton, don't I, boy?

我太理解艰难的决定了 对吧 小子

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519679.html