《唐顿庄园》精讲45 我不会放过此事的(在线收听

If you knew that was your decision, why put Mary through it?

如果早就下定决心 为何让女儿受苦

But I didn't know it was my decision, my final decision, until tonight.

并非一开始就想如此 今晚才最终决定

But I find I cannot ruin the estate or hollow out the title for the sake of Mary, even with a better man than that.

我不能为了让女儿嫁个好人家 便拿这么多年经营的庄园作陪葬

I try to understand. I just can't.

我想理解 但没法做到

Why should you? Downton is in my blood and in my bones, it's not in yours.

别为难自己 唐顿是我的家族产业 不是你的

And I can no more be the cause of its destruction than I could betray my country.

它不能毁在我手里 这相当于背叛祖国

Also, how was I to know he wouldn't take her without the money?

再者 这样就知道他是为钱而来

Don't pretend to be a child because it suits you.

别得了便宜还卖乖

Do you think she would have been happy, with a fortune hunter?

嫁给一心只为钱财的人会幸福吗

She might have been. I was!

有可能会啊 我就是活例

Have you been happy? Really? Have I made you happy?

你幸福吗 说真话 我让你感到幸福吗

Yes.

当然了

That is, since you fell in love with me, which if I remember correctly was about a year after we were married.

那是你爱上我之后了 如果没记错 是婚后一年左右

Not a year. Not as long as that.

没有一年 没有那么久

But it wouldn't have happened for Mary.

但Mary不会

Why not?

为什么

Because I am so much nicer than the Duke of Crowborough.

我可比那个公爵要好得多

I'll be the judge of that. Just don't think I'm going to let it rest, Robert.

这得由我说了算 别以为这就完了

I haven't given up, by any means.

无论如何 我还未放弃

I must do what my conscience tells me.

良心主宰我

And so must I. And I don't want you to think I'll let it rest.

我也一样 别以为我会这样放过你

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519691.html