《唐顿庄园》精讲54 老妇人据以力争(在线收听

He chooses his clothes himself.

他亲自自己挑选衣服

He puts them out at night and hangs the ones he's worn.

晚上取出来摆好 穿过的就挂着这儿

I get to take the linen down to the laundry, but that's about all.

我负责把衣服拿去送洗 我能做的只有这么多

That's all?

就这样吗

" I'll do this, " he says.

他总是这样说 我自己来

" I'll take the other ." " I'll tie that. "

我来拿另一件 我来系

And I'm just stood there like a chump, watching a man get dressed.

我只能像个呆子站在一边 看着自己的主人穿衣服

To be honest, Mr Bates, I don't see the point of it.

说真的 Bates先生 我不知自己来此是为何

I thought you didn't like him.

您不是不喜欢他吗

So what?

那又怎样

I have plenty of friends I don't like.

我的很多朋友 我都不怎么喜欢

Would you want Mary to marry one of them?

但您没有打算将玛丽嫁给他们其中的一人

Why do you always have to pretend to be nicer than the rest of us?

你就非要每次都装老好人 是不是

Perhaps I am.

我本来就是老好人

Then pity your wife, whose fortune must go to this odd young man

我本来就是老好人 她的财产将被一个只知道工作

who talks about “weekends” and “jobs”.

和周末的人平白无故地一锅端

If Mary were to marry him, then all would be resolved.

倘若Mary嫁给他 问题就都解决了

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519700.html