《唐顿庄园》精讲58 虚伪的医院(在线收听

Oh. I thought no one was here.

我以为这里没人呢

Can I help, Mr Carson?

要帮忙吗 Carson先生

No. No thank you, Anna.

不 不用了 Anna

May I?

可以吗

I must compliment you, Mrs Crawley.

我看走眼了 Crawley夫人

When you made your offer

您申请来这儿的时候

I thought you might be a Great Lady Nurse and faint at the sight of blood,

我还以为您见血就会晕倒

but I see you're made of sterner stuff.

看来您真有两下子

It's definitely the heart.

肯定是心脏

It's almost too quiet to hear at all.

几乎听不到心跳

I'm afraid so.

我想也是

I've been thinking about the treatments that are available.

我一直在寻思可采取的治疗措施

Considerable success has been achieved over the last few years

近几年的治疗措施有了显著进步

by draining the pericardial sac of the excess fluid and administering adrenalin.

心包引流便是其中之一 辅以肾上腺素即可

Mrs Crawley, I appreciate your thoroughness.

Crawley夫人 感谢您考虑得如此周全

But you're unwilling to try it?

但你不愿尝试

Injection of adrenalin is a comparatively new procedure.

肾上腺素注射是个新疗法

It's a while ago now, but I saw my husband do it.

用于临床已有一段时间了 我见我丈夫做过

I know how.

我知道方法

Please, Mrs Crawley, don't force me to be uncivil.

Crawley夫人 我不想无礼冒犯

We will be setting an impossible precedent.

若开此先河

When every villager could demand the latest fad in treatment for each new cut and graze.

以后只要有农夫刮伤自己就会要求用新方法治疗

I would remind you that we're not talking of a cut or a graze,

我们现在说的可不是刮伤

but the loss of a man's life and the ruin of his family.

而是一条生命 这可能会毁掉他的家庭

Of course.

话是没错

But I beg you to see that it is not reasonable.

但这不是个明智的做法

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tdzyjj/519704.html