读者文摘:长寿与成功的秘诀(2)(在线收听

6)Do you have a close group of friends?

你有一群亲密的朋友吗?

It sounds simple, but several studies show that people with strong social relationships live longer and better.

这听起来很简单,但几项研究表明,拥有牢固社会关系的人活得更长、更好。

One landmark study found that among people whose brains showed early markers for developing Alzheimer's,

一项具有里程碑意义的研究发现,在那些大脑显示出早期阿尔茨海默病迹象的人中,

those with close friend sand family warded off cognitive decline longer than those who were less social.

与那些社交能力较差的人相比,那些拥有亲密朋友和家庭的人的抵御认知能力下降的时间更长。

Another found that a solid friend network gives you the same longevity boost as quitting smoking.

另一项研究发现,一个坚实的朋友网络可以和戒烟一样延长寿命。

7)Can you open jars with your hands?

你能用手打开罐子吗?

Researchers have found that grip strength is a leading health indicator.

研究人员发现,握力是一个主要的健康指标。

Men with a grip strength of 57 pounds have a lower rate of death from heart disease, cancer, and lung disease.

握力为57磅的男性死于心脏病、癌症和肺病的几率较低。

For women, the threshold is a grip strength of 35 pounds.

对于女性来说,门槛是35磅的握力。

(Test your grip strength by holding a bathroom scale on the sides and squeezing.)

(在身体两侧各拿一个体重秤,然后用力挤压,以此来测试你的握力。)

8)Do you spend less than three hours per week on social media?

你每周花在社交媒体上的时间少于三小时吗?

According to the book The Next Millionaire Next Door, millionaires spend an average of 2.5 hours per week on social media.

根据《邻家的下一个百万富翁》一书,百万富翁平均每周花2.5小时在社交媒体上。

The average for all Americans: 14 hours per week.

美国人平均每周时间是14小时。

9)Do you plan to wait until you are 67 to draw Social Security benefits?

你打算等到67岁再领取社会保障福利吗?

Waiting until 67 which is considered full retirement age, means your monthly check will be almost

等到67岁,也就是所谓的完全退休年龄,这意味着你的月收入将几乎是62岁时的两倍。

double what it would be if you started drawing at 62, the youngest age at which you can collect benefits.

62岁是领取养老金的最年轻年龄。

If you wait until age 70, your payments will be about 24 percent higher.

如果你等到70岁,你的报酬会高出24%。

10)Do you think of yourself as young?

你认为自己年轻吗?

Mind over matter can be powerful. Studies tracking healthy, middle-aged people into old age found that

精神对肉体可以是强大的。跟踪健康的中年人到老年人的研究发现,

those with a positive attitude about getting old were less likely to die over the course of the study. One possible reason:

那些对衰老持积极态度的人在研究过程中死亡的可能性更小。一个可能的原因:

Their youthful outlook made them less likely to abandon physical activity and more likely to eat health-fully over the years.

多年来,他们年轻的外表使他们更不可能放弃体育活动,更可能吃得健康。

SCORE 9–10: You are prepared! Our bet is that you already follow most of the 30 suggestions we offer here. True?

得分为9-10分:你准备好了!我们打赌你已经遵循了我们提供的30条建议中的大部分。对吗?

5–8: You've got some work to do. Fortunately, our tips have the power to add years and wealth to your life.

得分为5-8分:你还有工作要做。幸运的是,我们的建议有能力为你增添寿命和财富。

0–4: You are stuck in the present, not in a good way. These recommendations are given with you in mind.

得分为0-4分:你现在被困住了,不是很好。这些建议是为你着想而提出的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/519747.html