读者文摘:长寿与成功的秘诀(3)(在线收听

Part 2 Take these steps— for body, mind&wallet

第二部分 为你的身体、头脑和钱包采取下列措施

1 TAKE STOCK.

记录美好

Write down three things you're grateful for each day.

每天写下你感恩的三件事。

This simple exercise helps rewire your brain for greater happiness.

这个简单的活动可以帮助你重塑大脑,获得更大的幸福感。

Studies show that people who are grateful report better sleep, stronger relationships, fewer aches and pains, and lower blood pressure.

研究表明,心怀感恩的人睡眠更好,人际关系更融洽,疼痛更少,血压更低。

Shawn Achor and Michelle Gielan, happiness researchers who are married to each other, share positive things about their days with one another.

肖恩·阿克尔和米歇尔·吉兰是幸福的研究员夫妇,他们互相分享生活中积极的事情。

"It's a simple two-minute habit that allows us to learn about high moments and feel more connected," Gielan says.

这是一个简单的只需两分钟的习惯,它让我们了解高光时刻,让我们感觉更有联系。”

2 USE THE SNOWBALL METHOD.

使用滚雪球法。

The average American has more than $5,000 in credit card debt. Not sure how to start tackling yours? Pay off one balance at a time.

美国人平均有超过5000美元的信用卡债务。不知道如何开始解决你的问题?一次付清一个债务。

Studies show that polishing off your smallest balance first can motivate you to pay off bigger debts (a strategy called the snowball method).

研究表明,先处理好你最小的债务可以激励你偿还更大的债务(一种被称为滚雪球法的策略)。

That worked for Sami Womack, a mother of three who blogged about her family's three-year journey to pay off their debt at asunnysideuplife.com:

这对三个孩子的母亲萨米·沃马克很管用。她在博客中记录了家人在asunnysideuplife.com网三年还清债务的历程。

"When we first added up our debt, our four smallest debts totaled less than $100,

“当我们第一次把债务加起来的时候,我们最小的四笔债务加起来还不到100美元,

And I realized I could pay them off right away," says Womack, who is now a budgeting coach.

我发现我可以马上还清它们。现在是一名预算教练的沃马克表示。

"It was a quick win, and it felt so good that I was motivated to do more."

这是一场速胜,感觉很好,这让我有动力还更多的债务。”

3 HIT THE (COLD) SHOWERS. It's no fun when you're in there (brrr!),

洗(冷水)澡。洗冷水澡的时候一点也不好玩。

but exposing your body to less-than-comfortable temperatures is an antiaging tactic that also improves mood and boosts immunity,

但是让你的身体处在不舒适的温度下是一种抗衰老的策略,它也能改善情绪,增强免疫力,

says Harvard University geneticist David Sinclair, PhD, author of Lifespan: Why We Age- -and Why We Don't Have To.

哈佛大学遗传学家大卫·辛克莱博士说。他是《寿命:为什么我们会变老——为什么我们不一定会变老》一书的作者。

Being cold turns on longevity genes and generates healthy brown fat across your back,

辛克莱表示,寒冷会激活长寿基因,并在你的背部产生健康的棕色脂肪,

which may protect against obesity, Sinclair says.

这可以防止出现肥胖。

"I go to the gym most weekends with my son; we lift weights ,jog a bit,

大多数周末我都和儿子去健身房;我们举重,慢跑,

and hang out in the sauna before dunking in an ice cold pool."

在泡在冰冷的游泳池之前,去蒸桑拿。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/dzwz/519748.html