《绝望的主妇》精讲147(在线收听

Susan, stop. I just got off the phone with the guy from the county.

苏珊, 别扯了,我刚刚撂下电话,是郡里来的电话

Something about your court-ordered community service for assaulting a policeman.

他跟我说你因为袭警,法庭强制你去社区劳役

Oh. That.

那件事啊

Yeah, that.

就是那件事

W--it's so ridiculous.

非常荒唐

I was trying to fight a parking ticket, and I knocked over the cop's bike.

我试着为一张违章停车罚单据理力争,我推倒了交警的摩托

Um, and I maybe told him his baby was ugly.

好像还说他的孩子很丑之类的话

He…he blew the whole thing out of proportion.

他完全是小題大作

Well, you know what I'm blowing out of proportion?

那知道我为什么要大题小做吗?

The guy on the phone called me "Mr. Solis."

电话里的那个人叫我索利斯先生?

Right.Because, um...Carlos picked me up at the, uh, police station,

对了。因为……是卡洛斯去警局,把我保出来的

which I know sounds weird—Why him and not you...

我知道听起来很奇怪——为什么我找了他,没找你……

I was just, uh, so embarrassed,I…I didn't wanna tell you.

我就是觉得好丢脸,我不想告诉你。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/521095.html