《绝望的主妇》精讲224(在线收听

NARRATOR: My name is Mary Alice Young.

我是Mary Alice Young。

When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article about the unusual day I had last week.

当你浏览今天的晨报,可能会读到一篇文章关于上个星期我所渡过的不平常的一天。

Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life.

通常,我的生活里是没有什么有新闻报道价值的。

That all changed last Thursday.

但是上个星期四一切都改变了。

Of course everything seemed as normal at first.

当然,起初,一切看起来都很平常。

I made my breakfast for my family.

我给一家人做好早餐。

MARY ALICE: Here we are. Waffles.

华夫饼来了。

NARRATOR: I performed my chores.

我做好了做家务。

NARRATOR: I completed my projects.

完成我的手工作品。

NARRATOR: I ran my errands.

完成我的使命。

NARRATOR: In truth, I spent the day as I spend every other day quietly polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection.

事实上,和平时没什么不同——一切都和往常一样,直到一件不寻常的事情的发生。

NARRATOR: That's why it was so astonishing when I decided to go to my hallway closet to retrieve a revolver that had never been used.

这就是为什么一切令人震惊,当我决定走向走廊的壁橱,拿起一把从没用过的左轮手枪。

NARRATOR: My body was discovered by my neighbor, Mrs. Martha Huber, who had been startled by a strange popping sound.

我的尸体是被我的邻居Martha Huber发现的,她被一声奇怪的声音吓了一跳。

Her curiosity aroused, Mrs. Huber tried to think of a reason for dropping in on me unannounced.

她觉得很好奇,Huber太太想了一个不请自来的理由。

After some initial hesitation, she decided to return the blender she had borrowed from me 6 months before.

在犹豫了一会之后,她决定来归还她6个月前从我这里借去搅拌器。

MRS HUBER: It's my neighbor. I think she's been shot, there's blood everywhere.

我的邻居。我觉得她被枪击了,到处都是血。

Yes, you've got to send an ambulance. You've got to send one right now!

是的,赶紧派救护车,叫救护车。

NARRATOR: And for a moment, Mrs. Huber stood motionless in her kitchen griefstricken by this senseless tragedy. But, only for a moment.

过了一会之后,Huber太太呆呆地站在厨房里,因为这件事情而感到极度悲伤。但是只有那么一会。

NARRATOR: If there was one thing Mrs. Huber was known for, it was her ability to look on the bright side.

如果说Huber最大的特点,就是她总能把事情往好的方面想。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jwdzfjj/522032.html